Tee Higgins was tired so he chose not to participate

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a really good player. Never saw him as a 1st rounder but 2nd round for sure 

I don’t know if I buy that this year at the wide receiver position. 
If Higgins isn’t wort a first round pick because he might not have the highest dedication or focus at this point, I would take him off my board. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t love Higgins, but this doesn’t feel like a fair take. The reality is that if his body wasn’t right, there’s no point risking money and draft value to workout when he can wait and do it at his pro day. I don’t think it’s a direct sign that he’s soft. 

But how often does this happen where it’s not pre-announced?   I get that some players do their own private workouts instead of the the combine, but this comes off very different to me.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

But how often does this happen where it’s not pre-announced?   I get that some players do their own private workouts instead of the the combine, but this comes off very different to me.  

It happened a lot this year. I heard, and who knows if it’s worth anything, that many agents were hesitant to let their top guys perform at the combine with the new platform the NFL had built. Said they’d rather let B level players figure it out this year, and then the agents would know how to handle it for A level players next. I don’t know if this is accurate, nor if Higgins and his camp believe he can take such a risk, but it’s possible. I don’t think passing on the workouts hurt him that much as far as his stock goes, as he’ll be able to do everything at his pro-day and make up for that. I think the bigger issue is where other WR’s had great combines (Jefferson, Mims, Claypool, etc) and took a lot of momentum. That’s going to be hard to get back, but If he had reason to believe that he wasn’t ready to perform, no performance is better than a bad one.

Edited by whatdrought

15 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Much ado about nothing.  I prefer other WR's at 22, but not working out at the combine has been done by many players, for many reasons over the years.  He will run and drill at his pro day.

I know McBeane value players who are competitive and not 'me first,' which is what Higgins is basically saying.   

He must not have an agent as I'm sure they would have told him this would be perceived negatively from a "football character" perspective... 

I think he just got taken off the Bills board.  I can't imagine the Bills taking him in the 1st, or in the 2nd with someone else who will be available.  I really hope the Dolphins, Pats or Jets draft him.  

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

exactly.  he could say he's dinged up or whatever and will work out at the Pro Day.  But this sounds very different, almost like, I can't possibly prepare in 4 weeks for a workout.  It comes off as if he's not focused on football.  

• Like (+1) 2

Don’t you ever just feel like taking a little nap? I’ve slept through many job interviews. If they don’t understand my sleep is important to achieving my peak performance, well, just forget them! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I know McBeane value players who are competitive and not 'me first,' which is what Higgins is basically saying.   

He must not have an agent as I'm sure they would have told him this would be perceived negatively from a "football character" perspective... 

He did the interviews, medical checks, etc. he just didn't do workouts YET.  Same as Joe Burrow.  They will and whatever their tape says is what will determine their ultimate draft status.

• Like (+1) 1