2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am with you. He is the best runner by a distance and while he isn't an elusive backfield receiver - no Kamara or McCaffrey - he can catch the ball. 

Agree on Taylor as RB1.

I might be drinking the kool aid too much, so I have to give myself some time away from his video, but right now I want to make Darrynton Evans my RB3.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Agree on Taylor as RB1.

I might be drinking the kool aid too much, so I have to give myself some time away from his video, but right now I want to make Darrynton Evans my RB3.

I have given Taylor a low 1st round grade and I give running backs first round grades very rarely. Zeke, Barkley, Fournette and Cook I think in recent years and that is it.

Not watched Evans. Who did he play for? 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have been nuts about Taylor since 2018 - his vision is elite.  He may not help you in the passing game but he’s going to be SPECIAL.  He probably ran himself into Round 1 last night if he wasn’t already there, and that’s not a good idea for Buffalo.  Take the LSU back in Round 2.

Agree with all of this. 

23 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

Can anyone remember an average WR with insane measurables at the combine who shined in the pros? I just too have too many Matt Jones nightmares to scare me off from them.

That's why you don't draft average with a high pick.  Those upper echelon guys that I have in my Tier One on my Big Board are not average WRs.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have given Taylor a low 1st round grade and I give running backs first round grades very rarely. Zeke, Barkley, Fournette and Cook I think in recent years and that is it.

Not watched Evans. Who did he play for? 

Agree with all of this. 

Appalachain State. He’s the Juiciest.

I am disappointed that nobody has the 10 yard splits for RB/WR/TE. I want to see what guys like Mims, Claypool, Lamb, Jeudy, and Dillon did over the first 10.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I’m probably on team #TradeDown, but we also have to be careful. If we don’t sign/trade for a starting caliber WR, we risk going into the season once again with two WRs that are ready to be significant contributors. I don’t think Mims and Shenault for example would address our need for a starter as a rookie despite being a worthy consideration in the 2nd round. 

Trading down in the first is much less likely to happen than a trade up.  This team is "built" and needs to fit specific pieces in to finish it off. An extra 3rd or 5th round pick isn't what Beane is going to be looking for this time around, IMVHBOCO.  If their guy is sitting there at 15-16-17 watch out.

The only option for a trade down would be a small move if there are 2-3 guys they grade equally available and they move back 2-3 spots.

22 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He missed multiple games. You have to separate out his games from the backups to get real accuracy numbers for tua. 

He is off round 1 on my Big Board simply based on longevity concerns. 

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Appalachain State. He’s the Juiciest.

I am disappointed that nobody has the 10 yard splits for RB/WR/TE. I want to see what guys like Mims, Claypool, Lamb, Jeudy, and Dillon did over the first 10.

There are RAS scores for WRs earlier in the thread and I just saw the some of the RB #s are out - here is Dillon

Mims

Jeudy

Lamb, Claypool

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

One of my best friends in High School was his High School football coach at Central high Fresno California. Central high was won the Central Section title 3 years in a row, won the state title this year as well. Last 4-5 years Central has been loaded with talent.

I went back home about home last month (in military), asked Kyle what he thought of Jaylon Johnson because of all the Bills chatter.

He said, “best player I ever coached, one of the smartest too when it comes to football.” Said he’s a goals guy. Love to set goals. He said in the league he’d want to set goals like, lead team in Ints, then lead Division in ints, Conference, be pro bowler, be all pro. Studies film religiously. Just an amazing talent.

1. Thank you for your service.
  2. I'm sorry that you call Central California home.  Great people, but, my goodness, not the best place to live (Lemoore here).
  3. What his coach said about him screams "Process!"

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Trading down in the first is much less likely to happen than a trade up.  This team is "built" and needs to fit specific pieces in to finish it off. An extra 3rd or 5th round pick isn't what Beane is going to be looking for this time around, IMVHBOCO.  If their guy is sitting there at 15-16-17 watch out.

The only option for a trade down would be a small move if there are 2-3 guys they grade equally available and they move back 2-3 spots.

He is off round 1 on my Big Board simply based on longevity concerns. 

I agree with the idea that a trade up is more likely. I just don't like it lol. Unless we're talking about like moving up from 22 to 20 or something and even then, I'm iffy on it.

But trading up is Beane's MO and it's a guarantee he'll do it at some point in the draft since we have those extra Day 3 picks that he won't use.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, H2o said:

He's a beast. Watch around the 1:05 mark. 

Couple thoughts...

On many of those runs the holes were there, but, he got there every time.

For 247lbs he has the ability to "make himself small" when the holes are not so gaping or near the goal line. 

He has some Beast Mode in him.

11 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

My word, this board has become obsessed with size.

I'm all about girth.

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Seems like a really good kid too. Cover 1 had some stuff on him that showed his growth mentality and desire to improve- very processed. I have him pegged in the 5th, but who knows if he moves up. 

Yea I think he could sneak a bit higher. Early day 3 for me. 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have been nuts about Taylor since 2018 - his vision is elite.  He may not help you in the passing game but he’s going to be SPECIAL.  He probably ran himself into Round 1 last night if he wasn’t already there, and that’s not a good idea for Buffalo.  Take the LSU back in Round 2.

Speed is needed in backfield.  Your top 2 backs have to do better than in the 4.6's

Edited by noacls

31 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Curious what you don't see in the BC kid that outs him in UDFA territory for you?

I think he's draftable; I just personally am not interested in being the team that does it. For the Bills, I'm looking for:

1. Receiving ability & pass blocking ability
  2. Home run ability
  3. Comfort running with spread personnel

With regard to Dillon:

1. Non-existent in the passing game and struggled the few times they did try to involve him.
  2. 3rd worst in the class in terms of breakaway % (% of yards made up of 15+ yard runs).
  3. No evidence of it; BC is pretty much solely running 22 personnel and other packages like that.

Ultimately, the only thing he really proved in college is that he can churn out tough yards out of crowded formations which I'd generally like to minimize anyways. Everything else is either a weakness or completely unproven. If you're a team like Tennessee that wants to play that way anyways or you're a team that wants a guy purely for goal line carries and similar situations, I think he makes sense. That just isn't something I want to invest a draft pick in.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think he's draftable; I just personally am not interested in being the team that does it. For the Bills, I'm looking for:

1. Receiving ability & pass blocking ability
  2. Home run ability
  3. Comfort running with spread personnel

With regard to Dillon:

1. Non-existent in the passing game and struggled the few times they did try to involve him.
  2. 3rd worst in the class in terms of breakaway % (% of yards made up of 15+ yard runs).
  3. No evidence of it; BC is pretty much solely running 22 personnel and other packages like that.

Ultimately, the only thing he really proved in college is that he can churn out tough yards out of crowded formations which I'd generally like to minimize anyways. Everything else is either a weakness or completely unproven. If you're a team like Tennessee that wants to play that way anyways or you're a team that wants a guy purely for goal line carries and similar situations, I think he makes sense. That just isn't something I want to invest a draft pick in.

Remember Greg Jones out of FSU?  That’s who he reminds me of.  Too muscle-bound for a RB.  Very limited in what you can use him for.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

False 

4.66 is slow. Singletary constantly got caught from behind. He is nothing more than a complimentary back and the way he was used proves that. Cant wait for another 1 word answer from you . Joke

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, noacls said:

4.66 is slow. Singletary constantly got caught from behind. He is nothing more than a complimentary back and the way he was used proves that. Cant wait for another 1 word answer from you . Joke

He isn’t fast, but he is quick, and slippery, and as a RB that can be better than straightline speed especially when paired with elite vision like he presents. I believe he can be a #1 RB but feel the Gore role needs upgraded, because McDermott said he doesn’t believe one RB should get all the carries. and i think you add a speed guy. A RB with vision is much harder to find than a RB who can run fast, but that’s what I call a “complementary” RB. Not a guy like Singletary.   I remember watching the playoff game in the 4th quarter and my buddy (not a Bills fan) texting me: “Singletary is THAT DUDE.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, noacls said:

I think Singletary can be a lead back. His vision is elite. But you are right that he always got caught from behind. In fact, he consistently looked behind himself bracing for the tackle. He’s not gonna outrun anyone...

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think Singletary can be a lead back. His vision is elite. But you are right that he always got caught from behind. In fact, he consistently looked behind himself bracing for the tackle. He’s not gonna outrun anyone...

Dobbins is the same way. We always said “Zeke wouldn’t have been caught there”. But he’s so damn good.

If there was ever a draft to fill key offensive positions, this is it. Lots of additional wrs shinning in this combine like Claypool, Mims & Jefferson. Jonathan Taylor putting up a strong time. Beane has a tough decision but he better emphasize offense in the first 5 picks. Use FA and that $90 M to upgrade your defense. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If there was ever a draft to fill key offensive positions, this is it. Lots of additional wrs shinning in this combine like Claypool, Mims & Jefferson. Jonathan Taylor putting up a strong time. Beane has a tough decision but he better emphasize offense in the first 5 picks. Use FA and that $90 M to upgrade your defense. 

And one OL with the free agency too please.?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:
  1. Thank you for your service.
  2. I'm sorry that you call Central California home.  Great people, but, my goodness, not the best place to live (Lemoore here).
  3. What his coach said about him screams "Process!"

Home is Panama City Florida. I was born and raised in Fresno. That was actually the first time I’ve been to Fresno in 10 years.  I think Jaylon fits into the 45-60 range. He could be an option at 54 if he’s there.

28 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not necessarily. If there is a much better talented D player at 22 then everybody else we have rated on offense then we go with the best player. There's plenty of other rounds to pick up offensive talent. beane's going to pick a draft board and stick with it. And I trust him.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Home is Panama City Florida. I was born and raised in Fresno. That was actually the first time I’ve been to Fresno in 10 years.  I think Jaylon fits into the 45-60 range. He could be an option at 54 if he’s there.

I’ve got him in the 28-40 range at the moment. I think he’s got some scheme flexibility and that probably buys him a few draft slots.

2 hours ago, noacls said:

Motor is absolutely a #1 RB. He does it all and extremely well. Home run hitter? No. Still extremely gifted.

9 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Motor is absolutely a #1 RB. He does it all and extremely well. Home run hitter? No. Still extremely gifted.

RB1, RB2, doesn’t matter. Point is that this team needs another legitimate backfield threat. I’ve been using the term a RB1b for what they need.

Motor can take 15-20 carries per game; we need a guy that can take another 12-16 and be a threat to score on each of them.

JMO

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, noacls said:

...so is there an element of fractional lost time waiting for the OL to develop in front of him or do you solely attribute everything to his purported slowness?....broaden your assessment scope and then report back.....

• Haha (+1) 1