TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

2 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

He traded his 1st one to the raiders...I looked at 1st round order and thought we were off...sorry guys.

This is all @Virgil 's fault for crackin the bottle in celebration of his Jake Fromm State Farm Carolina selection and getting lost on the updates. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Alright, give me a few to sort through all this crap

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

228FC7E9-7123-4C0C-AC2E-548A02E63081.jpeg.8eefb05830901dba1acfe74e1805f1fd.jpeg

We have a trade!! The Las Vegas Raiders have traded picks 80, 81, 86 and 95 for picks 34 and 139. 

With the 34th pick, Bucky Larson and the Las Vegas Raiders select Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU because of course they do.

@NewEra and the Giants are on the clock

You traded for the 35th pick with Detroit, not the 34th pick.  This is where the confusion came in.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

More or less than you hate @Gugny?... Not that my identity is tied up in your answer.......

I don't hate Gugny.  I love Gugny in a very special, 2am visit to a thruway rest stop kinda way

We are all caught up and organized.  

Main page is updated

The Dolphins @wppete are on the clock

1 hour ago, H2o said:

This is all @Virgil 's fault for crackin the bottle in celebration of his Jake Fromm State Farm Carolina selection and getting lost on the updates. :lol:

I think Panthers fans would be very happy with this draft so far

Edited by Virgil

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I do my best man.  It’s about flow, how much people respond, log on, just overall feel for how it’s all going.  

Again, not personal but you are entitled to your feelings.  If we truly go a full 4 hours every pick, people lose interest. 

Fair enough . 

I guess I thought it was going to be run differently. 

All good. No harm feelings. :)

2 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

We certainly don’t need a megatron. I’d be happy with Ruggs, especially with the compensation we got Edmunds for. I have a feeling though that both Ruggs and Reagor are going to go higher than expected and Shenault and Higgins are drafted later. There’s a good possibility both the former run under 4.3 and post 40” verticals. I also think that Beane might make a move for Epenesa and double dip at WR in 2-4. Bryce Hall (CB UVA) is someone I could see with our 2nd pick too.  I’m sure a few holes get filled in FA. 

I actually agree with this.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like it always stalls right before my pick ? 

I have to head to bed so I don’t want to hold everyone up.  

I am going to go ahead and post my draft pick. If that’s who the cardinals gm @Mark Vader wants please give my pick to someone who is on and active and I’ll delete this when I get up. If that’s not the cardinals pick then I’ll keep mine and please tag the next team up the Jags. 

With the 41st pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select... 

Jordan Elliot, DT from Missouri. 

Elliott is one of the prospects that we’ve been banging the table for here at PFF for quite some time. The reason is fairly obvious: no defensive tackle graded higher in the FBS last season. Also, no defensive tackle graded higher in SEC play last season. Considering the top-four on our defensive tackle rankings all come from the SEC, that’s no small feat. Elliott finished with grades of 91.1 in both run defense and as a pass-rusher.

Elliott checks the size, length, strength, and athleticism boxes you want at the position, although not necessarily to the degree that the men above him on this list do. He made his presence felt from pretty much every alignment you could think of this past season and is versatile enough for any sort of front you want to play.

Teams will no doubt be worried about his one-year wonder status. Elliott had played all of 484 snaps in his career prior to this season. We saw this dominance kick in toward the end of 2018 though when he put up grades of 90.8 (Tennessee) and 96.2 (Arkansas) in the last two games of the regular season.

Yeah I stole that summary ?

But with our earlier pick drafting Delpit and now adding Elliot we should field a defense that has potential to rank in the top 5. 

Of course in real life hopefully Cleveland seriously addressed their offensive line in free agency for this to actually be effective. 

Edited by Rc2catch

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This seems cool Virgil

Can't believe I missed this thread somehow... Guess you can't read them all

Bring it back next year ! ?

there will be at least one more iteration of this later in the draft season, so keep your eyes peeled. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

there will be at least one more iteration of this later in the draft season, so keep your eyes peeled. 

At least 2 I think.  

The weekend before the draft (trades, Forum picks for the Bills via poll, more controlled ownership).  3 rounds 

Two weeks before draft - No trades, 2 rounds, committee of 3 makes pick for the Bills

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

At least 2 I think.  

The weekend before the draft (trades, Forum picks for the Bills via poll, more controlled ownership).  3 rounds 

Two weeks before draft - No trades, 2 rounds, committee of 3 makes pick for the Bills

I would love to do a real time version of this (With a clock, and forfeited picks, etc)... but that seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I have a bag of rocks laying around here somewhere 

I was going to use him as a way to balance out the trade value with next years 1st. Figured I needed 6 points of value added back into what I was gonna offer and your 7th rd pick wasn’t low enough  ? 

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

At least 2 I think.  

Im in. Just sign me up with the same team. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I would love to do a real time version of this (With a clock, and forfeited picks, etc)... but that seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen...

It would be hard for me to enjoy the draft and run this.  But, I would love to see a real time poll per pick and see who does the best.  Not sure how that would go 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I was going to use him as a way to balance out the trade value with next years 1st. Figured I needed 6 points of value added back into what I was gonna offer and your 7th rd pick wasn’t low enough  ? 

Im in. Just sign me up with the same team. 

Different teams for the first two.  Depending on how people do will dictate who does the final.  That’s the one we try to see how closest to the pin we can get 

The Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock. 

@BuffaLoko

You have until 11a est with the new day upon us 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, GG said:

If I understand correctly, Bills trade UP in the deepest WR draft in decades and pass up the 2 best available DEs?

I was thinking the same thing.

Plus we  get a speed guy that does not play well against press.

I thought the objective was to draft a big go up and get it guy who is open even when covered.

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Plus we  get a speed guy that does not play well against press.

I thought the objective was to draft a big go up and get it guy who is open even when covered.

Not only that, but Bills trade #2 pick to move up 7 slots?

Beane would be rightfully burned alive for that trade for that pick in this draft.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Bills fans always do. The objective should be to get the best guy. I maintain there is no fanbase in the league more obsessed with the size of receiver than the Bills fan base. Despite the fact that we have had big guys over the years and it has never ended particularly well they constantly obsess about size over talent. Pick the best guy. Better players get open more than average players whether they are 5ft7 or 6ft4.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills fans always do. The objective should be to get the best guy. I maintain there is no fanbase in the league more obsessed with the size of receiver than the Bills fan base. Despite the fact that we have had big guys over the years and it has never ended particularly well they constantly obsess about size over talent. Pick the best guy. Better players get open more than average players whether they are 5ft7 or 6ft4.

The thing is trading up with all that draft capital in a very deep WR draft.

Thankfully Beane won`t do that.....I hope.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In the end I’ve always said it’s just weapons. Kansas City shows that “smurfs” are just fine if they get separation and have a good offensive scheme. Watkins I think is the tallest guy at 6’1, and Kelce of course is the tallest. Knox has some height and similar traits to Kelce although obviously not as polished or good as of now. 
I don’t care about size or having a prototypical #1 guy you just need 4 possibly 5 weapons on your offense between the backs, receivers and tight ends. Similar to the NBA the game is going away from the tall go up and get it guys 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JMF2006 said:

The thing is trading up with all that draft capital in a very deep WR draft.

Thankfully Beane won`t do that.....I hope.

It is a very deep receiver draft. But it comes down to do the Bills have the 2nd or 3rd guy as potential elite compared to a load of people below that they have down as good. There ended up being 3 elite guys in that "deep" 2014 draft - Evans, OBJ and Adams. Two of those were two of the first three guys off the board. Would you risk it for that vs Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews or Marquise Lee?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

At least 2 I think.  

I'm enjoying watching this.

Small suggestion for future improvement, on the first post where you summarize the pick, going forward could you list the trade partner and terms for a TRADE?

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This x 1000!! We get so obsessed with certain positions, and skill sets. “We need a big receiver who is open when he’s not.” “We need a RB to pound between the tackles.” How about just get good players with elite skills? Get the talent and then figure out how to maximize it. The best boss that I ever had believed in this. When we were interviewing people, he used to say, “if they are the right person bring them on the bus and we can figure out where they sit later.” That has always stuck with me and couldn’t agree more. Stop worrying about “someone already being in their seat” and “get them on the bus.”

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This x 1000!! We get so obsessed with certain positions, and skill sets. “We need a big receiver who is open when he’s not.” “We need a RB to pound between the tackles.” How about just get good players with elite skills? Get the talent and then figure out how to maximize it. The best boss that I ever had believed in this. When we were interviewing people, he used to say, “if they are the right person bring them on the bus and we can figure out where they sit later.” That has always stuck with me and couldn’t agree more. Stop worrying about “someone already being in their seat” and “get them on the bus.”

I take the same approach when I recruit. You can never have too many good people.

Right, I'll stop there because I feel like we are derailing Virgil's thread.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a separate rationale than giving up major assets to go for a specific player who may not check all the boxes, though.  

How did this work out in the last very deep WR draft in 2014?

Miami is feeling good with this offensive haul so far in this draft. We got out QB in Justin Herbert and added 2 elite OTs in the first round. Andrew Thomas (Georgia) and Josh Jones (Houston). Then at the top of the 2nd round Miami drafts a stud RB in JK Dobbins (Ohio St.). Add that with their existing weapons at WR and TE and Miami looks much better on Offense for 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1