TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

With the 15th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Denver Broncos have traded the pick to the Buffalo Bills the details are as follows:

Buffalo Trades picks: #22 (780) + #54 (360) + #86 (160) + 2021 3rd 

Buffalo Receives picks #15 (1050) & #77(205)

With pick #15 the Buffalo Bills select Henry Ruggs

I don't mind the player, but I mind giving up the 2nd and 3rd round pick.  We've turned those into quality starters we still have other holes (not knowing what FA looks like).  I'd rather stay put and get Higgens or Shenault plus a starting OLB and O-Lineman later.

But, I trust Reed and his logic

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think drew Lock is going to bust like a porcelain vase knocked off the bookshelf by the cat.  

I have mixed feelings about him.. Either way, they're riding with him and Ruggs would be a huge benefit.

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Less bitchin, more pickin

You're on the clock

giphy.gif

Wait... Am I on the clock?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I have mixed feelings about him.. Either way, they're riding with him and Ruggs would be a huge benefit.

giphy.gif

Wait... Am I on the clock?

This is why we can't have nice things

Huh. Literally just realizing that I am also the falcons. Good thing this is a no-brainer for me.

With the (flips back to front page to check which pick this is) 16th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select, A.J. Epenesa, DE from Iowa. 

Two Words. Cameron Jordan. He wrecked a game against us to tune of 4 sacks this past year, and Epenesa looks just like him. We have the pieces on offense, and we have some good pieces on Defense. This guy will help us take the next step and get back to the top. 

We're very pleased that he's here waiting for us. 

@GunnerBill and the Cowgirls are on the clock. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is why we can't have nice things

It really is. I swear I scrolled through the master list looking to see if you gave me a second team, didn't see it and figured you filled all the spots. :P

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't mind the player, but I mind giving up the 2nd and 3rd round pick.  We've turned those into quality starters we still have other holes (not knowing what FA looks like).  I'd rather stay put and get Higgens or Shenault plus a starting OLB and O-Lineman later.

But, I trust Reed and his logic

We have plenty of cap room to both sign our own and address needs. I don't see Higgens as being who we want and I think if we stay put Shenault will be a consideration, pick #22 will have quite good value for CB as well, but as Beane said we need to score points. 

Imagine an offense where you have Smoke and Ruggs (who won't be underthrown by Josh) stretching the field for Beasley, Singletary, Knox & FA TE to work underneath in in between the levels. Ruggs = Tyreek Hill.

He is an excellent run blocker, has great hands, great release, extremely fast & agile, can make contested catches, will draw safeties to him. 

Moving up to almost any spot from #22 is going to cost. Philly and the Raiders will be primed to move to get a WR and if one of the top 3 is there and you can move in front of them to get the guy? I would...

I'm also not looking to fill a specific mold for a player, we need a blue chip/elite target who will help us score points and be a nightmare to matchup against

Edit: Also we moved up in the 3rd from 86 to 77, so we didn't give it up and we kept the rest of the draft intact. It was just swapping firsts and giving up our second rounder, but in reality we lose 90 points in the trade.  In real life we would give up 50 points in this trade and not use next year's #3; that was the 110% requirement Virgil placed on trades. 

So it would really be #22 + #56 + #86 for #15 + #77 and maybe an additional 4th in return

Edited by Reed83HOF

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Huh. Literally just realizing that I am also the falcons. Good thing this is a no-brainer for me.

With the (flips back to front page to check which pick this is) 16th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select, A.J. Epenesa, DE from Iowa. 

Two Words. Cameron Jordan. He wrecked a game against us to tune of 4 sacks this past year, and Epenesa looks just like him. We have the pieces on offense, and we have some good pieces on Defense. This guy will help us take the next step and get back to the top. 

This is the only correct choice

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

This would have made more sense to me for a Beane trade up. 2-3 top DEs in this draft vs 101 WRs. ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think drew Lock is going to bust like a porcelain vase knocked off the bookshelf by the cat.  

That maybe true but playing the GM I have to have the mindset that he is our #1.  Players rave about his leadership and swag so we gotta build upon that

26 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

GunnerBill is not logged on....but he has 3 hours and 45 minutes to make his pick, so we shall see what Jerruh and Stephen are thinking later on. 

He's across the pond so he could already be asleep. That's fine, it gives us time to focus on playing "Gruntled or Disgruntled" with the Bills trade! 

Edit: I stand corrected.

Edited by Philo
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

This would have made more sense to me for a Beane trade up. 2-3 top DEs in this draft vs 101 WRs. ?‍♂️

we are signing an edge in FA and as Beane said, we lost in Houston because we didn't score enough points...

Edited by Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Dallas Cowboys have traded the 17th pick to the Baltimore Ravens. @Monty98 is now on the clock. 

Dallas gets #28 and #60

Baltimore gets #17

Baltimore is also sending Dallas their 4th round pick to meet the 110% compensation rule

Trading up for a WR in an incredibly deep WR draft.  He speed is special though.  I’d rather just keep the picks (maybe even trade down and accumulate more picks) and draft Reagor at some point.  I don’t think Ruggs is THAT much better

Edited by NewEra

With pick 17 the Baltimore Ravens select K'Lavon Chaisson Edge LSU

Wppete is now on the clock

Baltimore saw the value of Chaisson sitting there and the desire to add even more weapons off the edge with the exotic looks our scheme employs we started salivating at the possibilities of setting the edge and getting to the qb

Edited by Monty98
summary
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

@wppete is on the clock

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Ah sorry Virgil. I hadn't read the rules properly. Slap on the wrist for me. :D

It's my fault entirely.  I wrote in the heading and kept repeating it. 

I should have done more.  I know these things get lost in the translation between what we speak in the states and whatever that is over the pond ?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@wppete is on the clock

It's my fault entirely.  I wrote in the heading and kept repeating it. 

I should have done more.  I know these things get lost in the translation between what we speak in the states and whatever that is over the pond ?

Yes if you lot could speak the Queen's it would help. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

With the 15th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Denver Broncos have traded the pick to the Buffalo Bills the details are as follows:

Buffalo Trades picks: #22 (780) + #54 (360) + #86 (160) + 2021 3rd 

Buffalo Receives picks #15 (1050) & #77(205)

With pick #15 the Buffalo Bills select Henry Ruggs

Would love to have Ruggs, but hate to give up picks to get him.  (would REALLY have loved Lamb) Seeing as you traded up to take a WR in the top half of the first round, I am sure the Sammy Watkins comparisons will be coming...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Raiders have traded the 19th pick to the Broncos for picks 22, 86 & 95. @bkep32 and the Broncos are on the clock

That seems like a great haul if you don’t have a guy you LOVE there. A few guys close in value....heck yeah! 

1 minute ago, bkep32 said:

in the 2020 NFL draft, with the 19th overall pick the Denver Broncos select Tristan Wirfs - OT Iowa  Jacksonville is now on the clock @BuffaLoko

Denver gives up #22(780) #86(160) #95(120) = 1060

Denver gets #19 (900)

That's a crap ton of picks for 3 spots and a guy who may have been there

Also, I'm stepping outside for about 45 min.  Please keep making your picks and I'll update when I get back.

REMEMBER - TRADES MUST BE 110% IN FAVOR OF THE TEAM TRADING BACK.  I've had to repeat this for almost every trade

Edited by Virgil
  • Haha (+1) 1

Denver broncos offensive line was in shambles last season.   We need someone to cement the OL to protect drew lock.  We moved down from 15 in a trade with the bills to accuire their 2nd and 3rd round picks and next years 3rd.  Then moved back up using bills 3rd round, SF 3rd round and bills 1st round pick.  We gained an extra 2 round pick and still have our orginal 3rd round selection.  At the end of the day we move down got in our eyes the best OT tackle in the draft and an extra 2nd round pick.  Seems like a win win for us.  Now we can really attack 2nd round if need be.  

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

That seems like a great haul if you don’t have a guy you LOVE there. A few guys close in value....heck yeah! 

Wasn’t interested in moving down but the guy we had our eye on went off the board a little earlier. There’s a guy that we have our eye on that we think will make it to 22. We were going to take him at 19

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Wasn’t interested in moving down but the guy we had our eye on went off the board a little earlier. There’s a guy that we have our eye on that we think will make it to 22. We were going to take him at 19

I hope he gets taken ?