TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

On 2/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, Virgil said:

With the 1st pick, the Bengals Select Joe Burrow, QB LSU.  The Redskins (@TSW Member) are on the clock and then a brief summary of why.

Bengals need a QB to build around.  Burrow is top rated

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

Alright.  Teams are assigned and only a few have new teams.  

I’m going to change the header now, but no rush for picks until tomorrow morning. Starting at 8am tomorrow, I’ll start the 4 hour time limit per pick. 

The Bengals @Peter are on the clock 

Virgil, I guess is too late to take one team?...is anybody okay with giving up his second team if they took one? 

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Let them know they have about 45 min left.

If not, I know you have other offers out there.......?

Well how long is the clock supposed to be? Cause my negotiations factored in a Wednesday morning start time, and now we're already off to the races... I don't want to miss out because of a ill-defined clock and an early start. Especially not when the commissioner is double dipping! lol :P

44 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Eagles making is known they are willing to move up into the 7-11 range if their prospect it there. @Virgil @Mark Vader @RyanC883 @Rc2catch @Just Joshin'

Be careful, potential trade partners! I have never heard of a GM willing to meet in the parking lot of a 7-11 to broker a deal.  ?

Much to @Virgil's chagrin, the deal has been completed in time. 

The Detroit Lions trade the 3rd overall pick of the 2020 NFL draft to the Los Angeles Chargers. @H2o and the Bolts are on the clock. 

Compensation: 

2020: #6, #37, #109

2021: 1st and 2nd

The Lions are happy to trade back, stay in position for a top player, and get a chunk of capital that will help us build a superbowl team... Now if only we could get a coach who isn't a fat idiot. But I digress. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The Detroit Lions trade the 3rd overall pick of the 2020 NFL draft to the Los Angeles Chargers. @H2o and the Bolts are on the clock. 

Compensation: 

The Lions are happy to trade back, stay in position for a top player, and get a chunk of capital that will help us build a superbowl team... Now if only we could get a coach who isn't a fat idiot. But I digress. 

Helluva trade for those lions 

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Compensation: 

Damn, the Chargers?  Did the Dolphins even come at you?

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

I’d be okay with giving up my jaguars pick if @Virgil is okay with it. 

I'm good with that.  @BuffaLoko You good?

• Like (+1) 1

With the 3rd pick, the Chargers Select Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama.  The NY Giants @NewEra are on the clock. 

This is an easy move for LA. The defense is already stout and they have money to overhaul the line and get another RB in FA if they want. Injuries put them in this position so they make the most of it. They don't know if or when they will ever be high enough in the draft to get a QB like Tua. Before the year Joe Burrow had for LSU, Tua was expected to be the lock #1 overall pick. Burrow happened and then the hip injury. The medicals are checking out just fine and Tua is a rare talent with good enough arm strength, accuracy to all levels of the field, and he knows how to manipulate DB's with his eyes. The Chargers now fully expect they have their new Franchise QB for the next 15-20 years. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Helluva trade for those lions 

Heck yeah it is. I am very happy with the turn of events.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Damn, the Chargers?  Did the Dolphins even come at you?

I'm good with that.  @BuffaLoko You good?

I prefer not to get into public discussions regarding private negotiations. We got a fair deal and we're happy to help the Chargers get where they need to be. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I prefer not to get into public discussions regarding private negotiations. We got a fair deal and we're happy to help the Chargers get where they need to be. 

You're the worst ?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 3rd pick, the Chargers Select Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama.  The NY Giants @NewEra are on the clock. 

This is an easy move for LA. The defense is already stout and they have money to overhaul the line and get another RB in FA if they want. Injuries put them in this position so they make the most of it. They don't know if or when they will ever be high enough in the draft to get a QB like Tua. Before the year Joe Burrow had for LSU, Tua was expected to be the lock #1 overall pick. Burrow happened and then the hip injury. The medicals are checking out just fine and Tua is a rare talent with good enough arm strength, accuracy to all levels of the field, and he knows how to manipulate DB's with his eyes. The Chargers now fully expect they have their new Franchise QB for the next 15-20 years. 

A good pick for them. Do you plan on bringing back Rivers for one more ride while transitioning, or do you see Tyrod as your stop gap? 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

A good pick for them. Do you plan on bringing back Rivers for one more ride while transitioning, or do you see Tyrod as your stop gap? 

Tua and Tyrod will be in an open competition from the time TC starts. Tyrod will get the benefit of the doubt as far as 1st team reps early on, but we're not planning on Tua riding the pine. There is complete faith he will beat out Tyrod. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

Tua and Tyrod will be in an open competition from the time TC starts. Tyrod will get the benefit of the doubt as far as 1st team reps early on, but we're not planning on Tua riding the pine. There is complete faith he will beat out Tyrod. 

I'm conflicted on this trade and pick.

I absolutely see Miami trading up to #3 when draft time comes.  I also think Carolina will get in that mix because their offense can stay relatively the same with Tua, but I don't think they have the overall firepower.  I offered this year's 1st and 2nd plus next year's 1st and got trumped.  Even offering it made me weary because I think the Panthers are going to have a partial re-build.

Tua to the Chargers is my 3rd option with their upcoming move and needing a new face of the franchise.  My question is more about Lynn in this trade.  Did Lynn run an offense similar to Roman while he was here because that was easier for the team or because that's his style?  If he can hybrid that with the Chargers passing game, I think Tua can do great things there.  No matter what, I think the fans will be disappointed the first few seasons because they are used to the 4k plus passing game, but his legs will change the dynamics completely.

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Compensation: 

Holy Herschel Walker, Batman! :o

• Haha (+1) 1