TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Interesting.  There's only one WR I really want in this draft, regardless of our history of that position and school

If he falls that low, you should really think about making a move the talent differential between him and the tier 2 guys. There is one other guy I want and he is still there. I copied you on the trade message

2 minutes ago, Philo said:

Don't let the rug get pulled out from under you again...

I got this

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's not a bad pick at all, but I really think Jordan Love is the pick there. 

I don't see a lot of teams left that I expect to prioritize QB early. I suppose, plausibly, the list is Bucs, Raiders, Jags, Pats, Saints, Panthers. I suspect the QBs fall a bit from here. If we went another round I've got my eyes on Eason or Fromm. Also, I've got picks 34 and 44. So popping back into the end of the 1st is plausible if I get gunshy

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't see a lot of teams left that I expect to prioritize QB early. I suppose, plausibly, the list is Bucs, Raiders, Jags, Pats, Saints, Panthers. I suspect the QBs fall a bit from here. If we went another round I've got my eyes on Eason or Fromm. Also, I've got picks 34 and 44. So popping back into the end of the 1st is plausible if I get gunshy

Packaging a deal to get up and get Love in the 20's would be a good call. 

Hey @Virgil - for the above discussion, when might we know if we're doing two rounds? Will affect the way people handle things down the stretch. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ugh. Not Higgins to the Bills! Shenault all day long!

Really?  Did you watch the Bowl games?  Kid has it all!  Size, speed, hands.  He would be fantastic for us I think.

Why don't you like him?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I might be open that slight trade down with pick #30 (GB) depending on whether my top two guys are still available. 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Really?  Did you watch the Bowl games?  Kid has it all!  Size, speed, hands.  He would be fantastic for us I think.

Why don't you like him?

Probably because he’s the second best receiver on that team. 

Just now, Virgil said:

Why don't you like him?

I actually don't hate him. He's 5th on my thoroughly researched, well documented, expert WR big board (chuckles at how much I amuse myself). I think he's going to struggle to separate at the next level, and I think guys from big colleges with good QB's need to be taken with a grain of salt. Shenault is my guy. I love the versatility that he brings, and the toughness. 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why don't you like him?

I don't think he has the physical ability to get off the line and get separation at the next level. He struggled against more talented corners. I'd much rather have Jefferson if we're going with playoff stars.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't think he has the physical ability to get off the line and get separation at the next level. He struggled against more talented corners. I'd much rather have Jefferson if we're going with playoff stars.

No Higgins for me, especially if Shenault and Ruggs are on the Board.  WR is way deep we can do that in the second, depending

Just now, CNYfan said:

No Higgins for me, especially if Shenault and Ruggs are on the Board.  WR is way deep we can do that in the second, depending

Shenault isn't as battle tested nor has the speed for me.  I worry about WR's who haven't face quality talent expecting to figure it out against NFL DB's

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

If Ruggs is there I'll take him. I think he will be very similar to Tyreke Hill. He will time fast at the combine, but if you watch the tape he is just as fast in pads. He's gonna be hard to handle for NFL secondaries. Not a fan of Shenault though. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

If Ruggs is there I'll take him. I think he will be very similar to Tyreke Hill. He will time fast at the combine, but if you watch the tape he is just as fast in pads. He's gonna be hard to handle for NFL secondaries. Not a fan of Shenault though. 

Ruggs is only 6' though.  Wasn't the whole point to get a big bodied, large catch radius receiver that Josh can throw jump balls to?

I thought 6'2 or taller was going to be the minimum requirement

Just now, Virgil said:

Ruggs is only 6' though.  Wasn't the whole point to get a big bodied, large catch radius receiver that Josh can throw jump balls to?

I thought 6'2 or taller was going to be the minimum requirement

If Ruggs is there I take Ruggs because he's gonna get open every time Josh runs around in the backfield the same way Hill does for Mahomes all the time. We can still get a big WR in 3 or 4 that will be just as capable of seeing the field playing with the depth of this class. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Shenault isn't as battle tested nor has the speed for me.  I worry about WR's who haven't face quality talent expecting to figure it out against NFL DB's

I could be way off on this, but I expect Shenault will run better than Higgins... That's just my eye scout, so I could be wrong. 

As for talent level, I get the idea, but I always find that to be a questionable metric. Higgins played against better teams, yes, but he playing on a much better overall team. He was likely seeing the oppositions second best CB more often than Shenault would be. Also you're talking about the difference between a QB who is going to be the first pick next year, and a guy lucky to get drafted this year. 

Again, I'm not anti-Higgins. I just prefer Shenault. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I might be open that slight trade down with pick #30 (GB) depending on whether my top two guys are still available. 

By most charts 34 & 44 are right around pick 18 after the 10% markup. 30 & 62 (904) are right there value-wise with 34 & 44 (1020). We can discuss further when we see who's available. 

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

By most charts 34 & 44 are right around pick 18 after the 10% markup. 30 & 62 (904) are right there value-wise with 34 & 44 (1020). We can discuss further when we see who's available. 

Basically what I was thinking with a late rounder or bit player to round out the value. I have two guys I really like for GB. We’ll see how everything plays out. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

@Reed's83toHOF Be prepared for all of the disgruntled reactions.  No matter who you take there will be some (or many) negative reactions.  You will get a taste of what it feels like to be your avatar...

But are disgruntled reactions enough...? Do we need more drastic measures to show our displeasure with whomever he picks, even if we like them?

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

@Reed's83toHOF Be prepared for all of the disgruntled reactions.  No matter who you take there will be some (or many) negative reactions.  You will get a taste of what it feels like to be your avatar...

With the 15th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Denver Broncos have traded the pick to the Buffalo Bills the details are as follows:

Buffalo Trades picks: #22 (780) + #54 (360) + #86 (160) + 2021 3rd 

Buffalo Receives picks #15 (1050) & #77(205)

With pick #15 the Buffalo Bills select Henry Ruggs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Broncos needed a WR in that spot but really wanted CD Lamb...he didnt fall so we need some more draft capital to build around drew lock this year.  These extra picks should help us get some younger talent to build around drew.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

With the 15th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Denver Broncos have traded the pick to the Buffalo Bills the details are as follows:

I am very disgruntled.  Too many picks to give up with a deep WR class, I believe.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not okay with the trade at all. Ruggs is a good player, but trading up for a WR in this class is just not a good idea. 

Thankful @Reed83HOF only uses Beanes likeness as an avatar and isn't really Beane... Unless he is, and he uses this account as some sort of trojan horse to get a bead on what the fans are thinking... In that case. STAHP. Don't trade up for a WR in this class!

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I am very disgruntled.  Too many picks to give up with a deep WR class, I believe.

I aspire one day to be okay enough with this to only be considered disgruntled. 

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I would certainly expect it

As a random side note, where do you live? This question is completely unrelated to anything that has happened in this thread or been discussed previously... Just... curious. 

Edited by whatdrought

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

don’t mind the player. Don’t like the trade. But I get it. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Broncos needed a WR in that spot but really wanted CD Lamb...he didnt fall so we need some more draft capital to build around drew lock this year.  These extra picks should help us get some younger talent to build around drew.

A trade back is typically always a good idea, but man... Ruggs opposite Sutton and Fant in the middle? That seems almost too good to be true!

Just now, whatdrought said:

Not okay with the trade at all. Ruggs is a good player, but trading up for a WR in this class is just not a good idea. 

Thankful @Reed83HOF only uses Beanes likeness as an avatar and isn't really Beane... Unless he is, and he uses this account as some sort of trojan horse to get a bead on what the fans are thinking... In that case. STAHP. Don't trade up for a WR in this class!

I agree it is a deep class, but even with a deep class and their are still distinct tiers and talent levels. IMO the drop off in athletic talent from the 3 Tier 1 guys (Lamb, Jeudy & Ruggs) is more severe than the drop off from Tier 2-3. When you look in terms of what Beane drafts in RD1 explosive/athletic guys - these 3 fit the mold. Once Beane sees talent starting to drop down the board, he will snap them depending on the talent gap, much like he did with Tremaine. The idea of moving up more in RD3 is that it gives me the flexibility to look at Mims and potentially make a move for him. 

I am making the assumption that we address Edge in FA & something good happens at TE. Our big target in the EZ should be our TE, or 2 TEs & maybe Duke. 

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

As a random side note, where do you live? This question is completely unrelated to anything that has happened in this thread or been discussed previously... Just... curious. 

Los Angeles, currently from the way of Utica/Syracuse

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

I think drew Lock is going to bust like a porcelain vase knocked off the bookshelf by the cat.  

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

A trade back is typically always a good idea, but man... Ruggs opposite Sutton and Fant in the middle? That seems almost too good to be true!

Less bitchin, more pickin

You're on the clock

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, that would have been a sick trio for Denver to go along with two quality RB's. 

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

I agree it is a deep class, but even with a deep class and their are still distinct tiers and talent levels. IMO the drop off in athletic talent from the 3 Tier 1 guys (Lamb, Jeudy & Ruggs) is more severe than the drop off from Tier 2-3. When you look in terms of what Beane drafts in RD1 explosive/athletic guys - these 3 fit the mold. Once Beane sees talent starting to drop down the board, he will snap them depending on the talent gap, much like he did with Tremaine. The idea of moving up more in RD3 is that it gives me the flexibility to look at Mims and potentially make a move for him. 

I am making the assumption that we address Edge in FA & something good happens at TE. Our big target in the EZ should be our TE, or 2 TEs & maybe Duke. 

I get the argument. It's just too Sammy Watkins for me. History shows that at least one of those three guys is gonna bust out/never be a "dude" and that someone from the 3-5th round is gonna be a star. I just don't like blowing resources on one guy that isn't a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1