TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm conflicted on this trade and pick.

I absolutely see Miami trading up to #3 when draft time comes.  I also think Carolina will get in that mix because their offense can stay relatively the same with Tua, but I don't think they have the overall firepower.  I offered this year's 1st and 2nd plus next year's 1st and got trumped.  Even offering it made me weary because I think the Panthers are going to have a partial re-build.

Tua to the Chargers is my 3rd option with their upcoming move and needing a new face of the franchise.  My question is more about Lynn in this trade.  Did Lynn run an offense similar to Roman while he was here because that was easier for the team or because that's his style?  If he can hybrid that with the Chargers passing game, I think Tua can do great things there.  No matter what, I think the fans will be disappointed the first few seasons because they are used to the 4k plus passing game, but his legs will change the dynamics completely.

The Chargers see Tua as more of a Russell Wilson type of QB and the offense will be that type of offense. Tua will have a solid WR corps to work with, a quality all-purpose back in Ekeler, and will put up numbers. :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Much to @Virgil's chagrin, the deal has been completed in time. 

The Detroit Lions trade the 3rd overall pick of the 2020 NFL draft to the Los Angeles Chargers. @H2o and the Bolts are on the clock. 

Compensation: 

2020: #6, #37, #109

2021: 1st and 2nd

The Lions are happy to trade back, stay in position for a top player, and get a chunk of capital that will help us build a superbowl team... Now if only we could get a coach who isn't a fat idiot. But I digress. 

What was the point value on this?

Okudah or simmons? 

Gettleman loves the OL.  Maybe Willis?  

Or Derrick Brown?  

With the 4th pick The NYG select Jeffery Okudah, CB, Ohio St.  

tough to pass in simmons and brown but we couldn’t pass up Okudahs ability and potential to be a true lockdown #1 corner.  

@wppete and the fins are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I think Tua is seen as a guy who can transcend system with his accuracy and athleticism. I don't know if that's the case or not, but I think most people are willing to put him with anyone. 

So you think that Herbert @ 6 and keeping the picks is worse than trading up?  I think Tua, health issues aside, is the better QB but Herbert and all the picks make for a better team.

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

So you think that Herbert @ 6 and keeping the picks is worse than trading up?  I think Tua, health issues aside, is the better QB but Herbert and all the picks make for a better team.

You could argue that the Chargers are just a QB away.  Their defense is much improved and Tua will have the weapons.   If they can bring back Henry, draft a RB in the 3rd, they will be in great shape

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What was the point value on this?

Looks like 2200 - 2816. So I netted a premium of 600 or so. That's based factoring future picks as middle of the round, one round later. So a 2021 first rounder has the rough commiserate compensation of the 16th pick in the second round this year. Probably not a perfect system, but I don't know how else to factor in future picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Looks like 2200 - 2816. So I netted a premium of 600 or so. That's based factoring future picks as middle of the round, one round later. So a 2021 first rounder has the rough commiserate compensation of the 16th pick in the second round this year. Probably not a perfect system, but I don't know how else to factor in future picks. 

Damn, that's a haul

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I think Tua has plenty of red flags, but if they wanted him, trading up was the right move. Not crazy at all to think that two QB's would have gone between 3 and 6. Tua was going #3 either way, so we'll see if Herbert is off by six. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Just now, Virgil said:

Damn, that's a haul

That's the price you pay when you think you have found "the guy" of course. If the Chargers get into the playoffs, because a bounce back year is most definitely in the cards, then the return on our investment is absolutely worth it. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Tua has plenty of red flags, but if they wanted him, trading up was the right move. Not crazy at all to think that two QB's would have gone between 3 and 6. Tua was going #3 either way, so we'll see if Herbert is off by six. 

Unless they think Tua is going to be hurt for more than a year, I think the Dolphins were fine with him on the bench behind Fitz.  I think, even healthy, he should ride the bench for the first year

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

That's the price you pay when you think you have found "the guy" of course. If the Chargers get into the playoffs, because a bounce back year is most definitely in the cards, then the return on our investment is absolutely worth it. :thumbsup:

Yep. And the Chargers have a playoff roster. If Tua is healthy and ready to roll and is as advertised, that could be a 10-12 win team, putting those two picks lower on the chart shrinking my return. So my hope is obviously that his hip isn't ready to go, you guys ride with the great Tyrod, go 2-14 and I get to use your first overall pick next year. - At which point I'll flip Stafford for a second, take Trevor Lawrence, hire Eric Bienemy and win the Superbowl. ;)

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Unless they think Tua is going to be hurt for more than a year, I think the Dolphins were fine with him on the bench behind Fitz.  I think, even healthy, he should ride the bench for the first year

Is this go around only one round before reset?

42 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I’d much rather have Herbert and the picks.  But that’s just me

might even rather try and trade down a few and get Herbert or love

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 6th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select, Derrick Brown, DT from Auburn. 

We're thrilled to be grabbing one of the best players on the board, while also getting a ton of draft capital. Brown will come in and anchor our defensive front, improving our entire Defense in the prospect. He's big, strong, fast, and physical. He'll also help Trey Flowers get back to his high level of play. 

@Virgil and the Panthers are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Virgil, 

Also are we using Draft Tek board for the entire draft as well with their projected compensatory picks or just straight with no projected Compensatory picks?

Honestly, hadn't thought about it.  Handle it case by case

11 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

And we hit a wall

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Commish asleep at the wheel. High profile business meetings and such. ?

Suck it

With the 7th Pick in TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Carolina Panthers run to the podium to select Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson.

GM:  The Panthers tried trading up for Tua, but were outbid by the chargers.  They tried again with the Giants to get Simmons and are more than thrilled to see that their Kuechly replacement was still there waiting for them, their biggest loss so far.  At 7 overall, the Panthers feel they have a legit DROY candidate and a strong first piece in this transitional period.

The Cardinals @Mark Vader are on the clock

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, hadn't thought about it.  Handle it case by case

Suck it

With the 7th Pick in TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Carolina Panthers run to the podium to select Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson.

GM:  The Panthers tried trading up for Tua, but were outbid by the chargers.  They tried again with the Giants to get Simmons and are more than thrilled to see that their Kuechly replacement was still there waiting for them, their biggest loss so far.  At 7 overall, the Panthers feel they have a legit DROY candidate and a strong first piece in this transitional period.

The Cardinals @Mark Vader are on the clock

Great pick. When I put in the Brown pick I knew you'd be thrilled to have Simmons fall in your lap. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Great pick. When I put in the Brown pick I knew you'd be thrilled to have Simmons fall in your lap. 

I was worried about you taking Simmons honestly.  A lot of mocks have the Panthers taking the guy you took, but they also had Simmons gone to Detroit.

Simmons is going to be a monster and honestly a guy I wish Buffalo could get.  He makes complete sense for the Panthers at 7

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I was worried about you taking Simmons honestly.  A lot of mocks have the Panthers taking the guy you took, but they also had Simmons gone to Detroit.

Simmons is going to be a monster and honestly a guy I wish Buffalo could get.  He makes complete sense for the Panthers at 7

I did some digging and just couldn't find anyone talking about Simmons to the Lions. It's pretty much Okudah, or Brown. I like Simmons but I think Brown is a better fit for what we need. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I really thought hard about taking Simmons at #5 and hoping for Herbert to Drop so I can try and trade up but couldnt take that risk.

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

I really thought hard about taking Simmons at #5 and hoping for Herbert to Drop so I can try and trade up but couldnt take that risk.

Yeah.. that's a rough situation to be in. Depending on your thoughts on Eason and Love, maybe worth it, but not worth the risk if you have Herbert much higher than those guys. 

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think people would riot if the Dolphins didn't get a QB.  That's why I still have all my money on them trading to 3 to get Tua

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I think people would riot if the Dolphins didn't get a QB.  That's why I still have all my money on them trading to 3 to get Tua

Then they better get to three.  because I could see then being shut out of Tua trying to sit at 5 and hope he falls, specially if the medicals do check out

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Tuas injuries are a concern and the price was very high just to move up 2 spots. Very Happy with Herbert and 2 more picks in the 1st round.