Taysom Hill is a RFA would you have any interest??

Would you want Taysom Hill to be come to the Bills?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. To Taysom or not to Taysom that is the question...

• I would welcome Taysom with open arms
    • Taysom Hill is trash and should retire with Brees

I picked whatever the stupid negative was. 
Simply because New Orleans worked extremely hard to get those packages in for him. He’s not just jumping to a new team with a young quarterback and mixing into all these formations with that kind of success. It takes time to work all those formations and packages out. Also, there’s an extremely low chance they’re gonna let him leave anywhere. New Orleans is always battling the cap every year and somehow someway they always free up the money and field a decent team and hunt for the playoffs 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I picked whatever the stupid negative was. 
Simply because New Orleans worked extremely hard to get those packages in for him. He’s not just jumping to a new team with a young quarterback and mixing into all these formations with that kind of success. It takes time to work all those formations and packages out. Also, there’s an extremely low chance they’re gonna let him leave anywhere. New Orleans is always battling the cap every year and somehow someway they always free up the money and field a decent team and hunt for the playoffs 

When you have an accurate QB like Drew Brees and play good defense there's no reason you shouldn't be competitive. 

14 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Backup QB extraordinaire, swiss army knife, jack-of-all trades... Sean Peyton is said to believe Taysom is the franchise QB of the Saints if Brees is done. Would you have interest in him coming in as depth at like 7 positions?

I think we should cut Dimarco and have Taysom in here ASAP...

Should've never cut Sills V. :(

• Haha (+1) 1

If he ever has to be a full time qb, he will flop so bad.  He is a good Gimmick player and I’d welcome him on a team for the right price in a part time role.  But it still is crazy the Saints take one of the greatest qbs ever to play him.

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The Bills have as much of a chance of signing Hill as any one of us has of stealing Giselle away from Brady. 

Speak for yourself. ?

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but our offense isn't creative enough to have someone like him make an impact.

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This Is kind of the point. Taysom isn’t worth discussing IMO because he isn’t going anywhere. He’s, arguably, the most popular player on the Saints. They continue to expand his role and think the world of him. Taysom just isn’t a realistic option for anyone but the Saints. 

The 3rd option should be, “It doesn’t matter what I think because he’s not leaving the Saints.” That option should receive 100% of the votes.

Or a 3rd option of: "Let's just find our own Taysom Hill in the late rounds of the draft."

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yolo says he's like school on Sunday.........no process.

Interesting...I know that the Buckeyes came after him late and couldn’t land him. I don’t know a ton about him other than I think he will be a huge weapon as a pro. That game he played in the Belk bowl was one of the best games I saw a guy play this year.

7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Taysom would be a great addition to our special teams unit.

Start.

boom.

4 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

Howard simon this morning talk of hill as qb of the future.....hey howard I know you do no preshow work but Hill is 30 

Future XFL..

The Saints apparently think he's good enough to be Brees successor.  Sean Payton's ego on full display.

Drew Brees may not decide on his 2020 plans for another few weeks, but the New Orleans Saints already know what they would like to happen at the quarterback position, and their vision involves both Brees and another player currently on the team. That's according to ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio, who reported Tuesday that the Saints want the 41-year-old Brees to return for a 20th NFL season. Except they also want 2020 to serve as a transition year, per Florio, with Brees passing the torch to backup and utility player Taysom Hill, who would then fully take over under center in 2021.

"Even if Brees comes back," Florio said, "Hill will be used much more extensively as part of the team's offense in 2020 -- especially in light of some private regret that, if Hill had been utilized just a little bit more in the wild-card loss to the (Minnesota) Vikings, the Saints quite likely would have won the game."

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The Saints apparently think he's good enough to be Brees successor.  Sean Payton's ego on full display.

Drew Brees may not decide on his 2020 plans for another few weeks, but the New Orleans Saints already know what they would like to happen at the quarterback position, and their vision involves both Brees and another player currently on the team. That's according to ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio, who reported Tuesday that the Saints want the 41-year-old Brees to return for a 20th NFL season. Except they also want 2020 to serve as a transition year, per Florio, with Brees passing the torch to backup and utility player Taysom Hill, who would then fully take over under center in 2021.

"Even if Brees comes back," Florio said, "Hill will be used much more extensively as part of the team's offense in 2020 -- especially in light of some private regret that, if Hill had been utilized just a little bit more in the wild-card loss to the (Minnesota) Vikings, the Saints quite likely would have won the game."

still not buying it 

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t make that bet if I were you. I’m not saying that the Saints would just hand him the keys but he’s absolutely an option. They are incredibly high on him. That’s not lip service from them either.

Sean Payton saw some of the things Lamar was able to do and could tailor an offense in a similar manner. Before someone says, “but Lamar is so fast” keep in mind that Taysom is a 4.4 (faster than Kamara and Michael Thomas). Pretty sure he’d be the 2nd fastest QB in the league behind only Lamar. He isn’t just a if bodied guy. He’s an explosive athlete. 

So what are we betting because I'm in? As an aside, bout time UM won a basketball game.

6 hours ago, Rico said:

Should've never cut Sills V. :(

6 hours ago, Rico said:

On the bright side, JJ Watt is hosting Saturday Night Live this week.

Playoff games is where Sills V would've shined... would've been looking for his 1st ring!!

Might have to watch my 1st SNL in like 15 years... 

We had a TJ Watt sighting at the pro bowl, scored a TD while tweeting about JJ hosting SNL even....so sexyyyyy

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

still not buying it 

Payton knows he screwed his team trying to put the team solely on Brees' back...

He knows they were a couple Taysom plays from victory. He won't be making the same mistakes 3 seasons in a row.

16 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

So what are we betting because I'm in? As an aside, bout time UM won a basketball game.

All that in saying is that it’s possible. It’s not like the Raiders saying “Peterman is an option.” Taysom is possibly the most popular player on the Saints INCLUDING Drew. He’s just a guy that is going to keep seeing his role grow. He will start seeing more snaps at QB and COULD be given the chance in the short term if Brees retires. (Believe it or not there seem to be a lot of Saints fans that have been talking about that this week). I’d put the chances at like 15-20% that Taysom is given a chance as the successor. I’m not saying it’s likely but it’s absolutely possible. This isn’t a “Matt Barkley” situation.

19 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Playoff games is where Sills V would've shined... would've been looking for his 1st ring!!

Might have to watch my 1st SNL in like 15 years... 

We had a TJ Watt sighting at the pro bowl, scored a TD while tweeting about JJ hosting SNL even....so sexyyyyy

Payton knows he screwed his team trying to put the team solely on Brees' back...

He knows they were a couple Taysom plays from victory. He won't be making the same mistakes 3 seasons in a row.

he is 7 of 15 in his career so far. So I see why you think that. 

he’s a fun piece and one of the more interesting free agent stories out there but he’s running a very limited route tree, and not a reliable passer. He’s a tank in short yardage. I’d be down to add him as a gadget but I can’t imagine anyone thinks he’s a true qb.

Edited by NoSaint

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My answer to that is the Saints thought they were a Super Bowl favorite. Drew went out in week 2 so this was before Lamar changed the league. I don’t think Payton was trying to experiment too much. He was hoping Teddy would hold down the fort (which he did). 

If they ever make the move to Taysom I believe that it will come with a semi-reset. I don’t think that’s this year either. I could see Taysom get worked in a little more as a QB this year with Teddy going elsewhere (which I suspect). They can run a Taysom package 5-10 plays a game and he would also serve as the number 2. That would give them the chance to get a deeper look at him as a QB and expand the offense with some of those Lamar elements.

if you reset and start taysom you are selling tickets while tanking.

I can buy a more extended package for him but even as number 2 you end up having to cut his special teams and power running and he becomes a limited receiver with great athleticism that you can’t make full use of. 

if he’s just a utility player he’s at his most dangerous. Great for moving the chains with potential of explosive plays. As soon as he’s an every down qb (or could be one at a moments notice) he loses his use of what makes him special. 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Interesting...I know that the Buckeyes came after him late and couldn’t land him. I don’t know a ton about him other than I think he will be a huge weapon as a pro. That game he played in the Belk bowl was one of the best games I saw a guy play this year.

would be interesting- as much as the athleticism is tough to duplicate, the mental side is fascinating and I think very rare.

feels like I’m beating him up but amazing he sits in a qb room, special teams meetings, and the wr room. Not to mention running back packages. It’s amazing that he has the time in a week to keep up yet alone be impactful.

just don’t think he has the arm talent to be every down 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Let me be more specific since your legendary powers of deduction have deserted you in old age.  Start at any position over any legitimate NFL talent.

He could start at FB over Dimarco and Gunner and returner on punts and kickoffs...Roberts is pretty good though at returns. 

I’ve said it on here before but if you want someone on the Saints that’s “more gettable” I would look to Alvin Kamara. He’s the guy that I think is available. I don’t see them paying him and they don’t have a 2nd. Kamara for a 2nd and a 5th? Work out a contract extension as part of the deal. If that’s the case you can draft a “hammer type back” late (maybe AJ Dillon). You would have a strong RB room. You could take your WR in the 1st and again in the 4th or 5th. Sign a pass rusher and you are in business. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve said it on here before but if you want someone on the Saints that’s “more gettable” I would look to Alvin Kamara. He’s the guy that I think is available. I don’t see them paying him and they don’t have a 2nd. Kamara for a 2nd and a 5th? Work out a contract extension as part of the deal. If that’s the case you can draft a “hammer type back” late (maybe AJ Dillon). You would have a strong RB room. You could take your WR in the 1st and again in the 4th or 5th. Sign a pass rusher and you are in business. 

Or maybe on a different NFC South team...

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

If we are sticking in the NFC South how about:

- Mike Evans for pick 22 & Levi Wallace

- Curtis Samuel for a 4th or 5th

- Ty Sambrailo for a 6th

I would make any of these deals in a second. 

Apparently Beane leaves no stone unturned. This offseason could be more wild than anticipated. Though, maybe not too. You know how things go, talks come to a head and fizzle. 

19 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Is this serious or satire?

I think there's a decent chance Hill's the guy they continue forward with, next year or the year after. Bridgewater will have a say, but Hill was very very productive and Payton could want to switch his scheme to take advantage of a guy with different strengths.

Chris Simms for one says he's hearing it from a lot of his contacts that this is a real possibility, that it's something Payton wants.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/chris-simms-unbuttoned/e/66369992?autoplay=true

Edited by Thurman#1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:53 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

You mean Lynn Bowden?

I honestly don't know any names...but I figured there has to be some QB out there that can be turned into a weapon on offense.

EDIT: A QB who won't cut it as an NFL QB.

Edited by JustWinPlease