Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Remember McD telling the team the to "play fearless"...wha happened?

Hypocrite. Guarantee he told Daboll to take his foot  off the gas midway through the third quarter up 16. When is he going to learn you can’t just turn it on and off. There’s a difference between playing/staying aggressive and being dumb. It’s just embarrassing to neuter your team and hope they can flip the switch back on.  

2 minutes ago, Aaronthebaron said:

Those two throws by Allen on 3rd down were incredible. BS penalty took us out of a field goal try. Great play by D Watson at the end. Exciting game, great season to build from, hope they come back fired up next season.

Cleveland 1989.  Younger fans need to google Ronnie Harmon.  We will be back. 

• Like (+1) 2

Allen 24/46 52% another Sub 60% game with a loss. If Allen hits Duke Williams maybe McDermott fries a 59 yard field goal. We had the ball at the Houston 42 that’s 59 yards. All we needed was to run the ball. I put this loss on McDermott who collapsed down the stretch after a 9-3 start we end up 10-7. Really disappointing but it’s hard to win with such an erratic QB. 

I am Having a hard time believing in crunch time we were running plays with both  gore and Dimarco on the field and Dimarco running 30 yards down the sideline. 

Lots of missed plays, whiffed blocks, missed tackles.bad decisions. 

Completely outplayed second half.

3rd and 18 and we give up 19..off a play clock that ran to zero.

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1

Future is bright but should have won this game.  Defense can’t give up 19 points in a row and can’t give up a 3rd and 18.    Duke could have made the one end zone catch, Knox throws a block in OT and we get a chip shot to win.  Josh made a couple poor decisions.  And if Hughes doesn’t get his typical unsportsmanlike we maybe get a TD instead of a FG.  

What this game showed me is Allen is the guy.  Brought them back to tie and had them there to win in OT without the Ford illegal block that wasn’t.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

We probably win the game if the players execute that play competently.  It was a perfectly-designed play called at the perfect time, that should have been a game-winner.

I agree wholeheartedly with your point, but it doesn’t take away the other 20+ minutes the offense was embarrassing. Oline, Allen, and play calling. 

5 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Ford lost us this game with that late block

No, the refs cost us this game with that penalty. And the overturned kickoff TD. And the non-call delay of game on the Texans' 3rd & 18 play. And the litany of non-calls on their offensive line, and the litany of non-calls on their WRs' offensive PI, and the offsetting personal foul when their guy tackled our guy way after the play was over on White's forced fumble.

These things were not our players' faults.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Allen is the ONLY reason that game went to OT. Do better.

I'd add the refs deciding to not play by the rules because the guy didn't mean it.  Chris Weber didn't mean to call a time out either.

I'd also add the missed block on one guy by three guys on that sweep.

But you have a point.  I think he'll get better.

Just now, DuckyBoys said:

More disappointed in the coaches  Last offensive drive they acted like the clock was an issue  Run the football its OT no clock to fight  Some questionable decisions on defense none worse than sitting in a soft zone and allowing a 3rd and 18 to get picked up on a simple checkdown  Lot of those drives in the red zone we literally wasted plays  No sense of we need to get a td  McDermott was comfortable playing for fgs

I don’t disagree. 

Allen, the coaches and the defense absolutely folding. Those are the story lines.

How do you only score 12 points after the first TD in over 60 minutes against a terrible defense?

Think about that.