GM Dorsey meeting with Haslam - He's out

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Haslam should just give the keys to DePodesta and just role with it.

How bad could the final result of it be compared to the rest of what has happened under Haslam’s ownership?

It would be Berry as GM and Stefanski as HC. Lefts see if they listen to him fully this time 

33 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Haslam is a crook, and Snyder is just dumb. 

So the answer is YES.

Snyder made his money through highly questionable means, alienated one of the strongest fan bases in the sport, and is just generally not a good person that looks to exploit everything he can.   I'd say Snyder because of the damage he has caused.  https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/sports/article/21066973/happy-20th-anniversary-dan-snyder-washington-fans-are-not-cheering Haslam just bought a franchise that wasn't doing much well and has done worse than his predecessors.  But both are pretty bad.

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This franchise is so dysfunctional they'll hire Kevin Costner because they saw Draft Day.

Maybe they should hire Russ Brandon as he was in Draft Day as well :doh:

Russ did a hell of a job selling hope to us Bills fans for how many years.

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’ll bet McDermott’s season here in Buffalo + being a legit candidate for coach of the year went a long way in helping Depodesta win that power play. 

yep just had to keep saying look up the I90. See what MY HC would have done 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’ll bet McDermott’s season here in Buffalo + being a legit candidate for coach of the year went a long way in helping Depodesta win that power play. 

I don't know anything about the guy, but simply on taste alone he sounds competent, especially in comparison to his competition.

Just now, Reader said:

I don't know anything about the guy, but simply on taste alone he sounds competent, especially in comparison to his competition.

He was one of the main guys that were part of moneyball and the Oakland A's talent on the cheap in baseball. Smart guy.

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

R. Brandon Consulting busy?  He can have an office and a phone extension!

...ironically when Chuckie went to Oakland, rumors were abound that Bruce Allen would join him (remember their TB days).....so Brandon called Boy Danny Snyder to throw his hat "into the ring" if that happened, which it did not.....last I heard, Brandon was "networking" BUT "not working "(think Pegs has some Bflo influence?...naw).....so maybe he has Boy Danny on speed dial......

• Like (+1) 1

What a total mess the Browns are under Haslam. Poor Cleveland fans...

They need to pick a damn plan already and just stick to it. You'd think they would know by now that constant turnover at HC and GM doesn’t work. 

The owner needs to set a course and actually stick to it. He keeps letting different people get in his ear and change his mind every year or two. If he wants to follow Depodesta’s plan, then put him in power and give him a chance to execute his vision. I don’t know how well it will be received in NFL circles. But it’s better than letting him sabotage whoever is hired next...

I thought the browns had finally found some stability when they hired Dorsey and he brought in some top level front office talent. But, nope. Here we are what, 2 years later (after Hue was forced on Dorsey the 1st year iirc). 

How can someone be so good at running one business that they make billions at it, and so utterly incompetent at running another business? 

I know the NFL is not a typical business, but name me any company that could survive, let alone thrive, if they just continually fired everyone every year or two and changed their vision+plans. At some point you need some continuity if you ever want to build anything...

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Haslam is a failure of epic proportions. 

The NFL really screwed the pooch when they let Jimmy in the club.    

All my relatives in Cleveland have given up on the Brownies and are now OSU fans.    Of course, they still root for a team that can't win the big one, but at least its a professional organization and not a total tire fire... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Groin said:

Smart?  We shall see.  I like the idea of using more analytics in football, but not as the end all.  Plus he has zero track record in football, and if not for Moneyball his actual results in MLB are debatable.

If he had Haslam listen to him three years ago it would be McD and Beane in Cleveland NOT here 

also if he listened to him last year it would have been one of these three McCarthey Arians Or Stefanski. 

he also organized the Osweiller trade that netted Chubb. 

Edited by MAJBobby

Crazy how much the Haslam’s changed their thinking in just a few short weeks.

Just 3 weeks ago it was reported that they wanted to stick with Freddy Kitchens for at least another year. That they knew there’d be growing pains with a rookie HC and that a 7-9 record was considered a very realistic and acceptable possibility (by the owners, GM etc) at the start of the season.

And 3 games later, now they’ve completely cleaned house. Not just the coach, but the GM as well.

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I mentioned this earlier in a different thread: Baker Mayfield will be entering his third year as a QB with his fourth head coach, if you consider Greggo as interim for the second half of last year.

Brutal.

Brutal?  Yes indeed it is.  Dorsey apparently threw Kitchens under the bus yesterday, and today he himself got stomped.  I'm trying to think of a rational person who would stake their professional reputation on running that organization, and I'm yet to come up with a single name.  DePodesta should wear armor on his backside.

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The NFL really screwed the pooch when they let Jimmy in the club.    

All my relatives in Cleveland have given up on the Brownies and are now OSU fans.    Of course, they still root for a team that can't win the big one, but at least its a professional organization and not a total tire fire... 

yeah I agree and I think this is the reason why the “Elite Guys Club” of NFL owners is really going to be selective from now on who they let in. Jay-Z doesn’t have a chance ? 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If he had Haslam listen to him three years ago it would be McD and Beane in Cleveland NOT here 

also if he listened to him last year it would have been one of these three McCarthey Arians Or Stefanski. 

he also organized the Osweiller trade that netted Chubb. 

If a meddlesome owner, as this set of circumstances suggests, ignored him before, then he's not been setup to succeed.  Time will tell, but then again, it's the Browns, and I have zero faith in Haslam being able to field a winner.

They should of stuck with the Sashi Brown, DePodesta plan to start with.   They would still have a lot of talent on their roster, minus the drama queens they have at wideout.   They would still have a top ten pick at the QB position two years ago, and they would have had McDermott as head coach.   The owner needs to start seeing things through.  Something DePodesta told him early on in the money ball plan they originally had.

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I mentioned this earlier in a different thread: Baker Mayfield will be entering his third year as a QB with his fourth head coach, if you consider Greggo as interim for the second half of last year.

Brutal.

Baker needs to do a commercial about having problems with all his landlords.