GM Dorsey meeting with Haslam - He's out

Reed83HOF

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dorsey’s job should be in question, especially if the new HC wants his own guy. I personally don’t think Dorsey has been a good GM. He’s better fit for a personnel guy, not face of the  FO.

Was Kitchens Dorsey's hire or did the Haslam's meddle as usual?  Not sure who is worse at this point, Snyder or Haslam.

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Absolutely incredible numbers there. And what about the staring QBs during thy time. Haslam is a failure of epic proportions. 

He is trying to OutSnyder Snyder

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is what happens when you try to build through FA 

Did the Browns do that? Mayfield, Chubb, Njoku, Garrett, Bitonio, Schobert, Ward, Williams.... I think a lot of the talent on that roster has been drafted. Yes, the two diva wideouts came through Free Agency / Trade and attract a lot of attention and I think that is the real problem in Cleveland. Too much noise and not enough process. Dorsey has drafted a lot better than Sashi Brown before him I just think he might be a bit of a Doug Whaley - decent evaluator and collector of talent....  but lacking the vision to be an effective team builder. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Did the Browns do that? Mayfield, Chubb, Njoku, Garrett, Bitonio, Schobert, Ward, Williams.... I think a lot of the talent on that roster has been drafted. Yes, the two diva wideouts came through Free Agency / Trade and attract a lot of attention and I think that is the real problem in Cleveland. Too much noise and not enough process. Dorsey has drafted a lot better than Sashi Brown before him I just think he might be a bit of a Doug Whaley - decent evaluator and collector of talent....  but lacking the vision to be an effective team builder. 

They did both, but the high profile guys were FA’s. That’s a tough way to build.  They thought they could throw a bunch of pieces together at once and expect cohesiveness. 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

They did both, but the high profile guys were FA’s. That’s a tough way to build.  They thought they could throw a bunch of pieces together at once and expect cohesiveness. 

I think the glitz of the two receivers makes people think they were big FA players but they really weren't. 

It is the culture and leadership that is lacking in Cleveland not a commitment to the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

don’t know much about the situation there. The GM is an ego maniac and picked Kitchens because he was his yes man. 

They picked Kitchens because thats who Baker wanted.  A perfect example of why you never let the players choose the head coach.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think the glitz of the two receivers makes people think they were big FA players but they really weren't. 

It is the culture and leadership that is lacking in Cleveland not a commitment to the draft. 

That, but also a lot of guys at once that had high expectations.  It wasn’t a bunch of role players, it’s guys who are expected to be the best at their position.  1st round picks and high dollar FA’s.  

Just now, bills6969 said:

They picked Kitchens because thats who Baker wanted.  A perfect example of why you never let the players choose the head coach.

it is also who Dorsey wanted. And also wanted Ken Zamprese gone. Both happened and a Kitchens with no Zamprese prop up failed spectacularly 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

That, but also a lot of guys at once that had high expectations.  It wasn’t a bunch of role players, it’s guys who are expected to be the best at their position.  1st round picks and high dollar FA’s.  

Yep. And when you have those egos and no leadership it is a recipe for disaster. 

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dorsey’s job should be in question, especially if the new HC wants his own guy. I personally don’t think Dorsey has been a good GM. He’s better fit for a personnel guy, not face of the  FO.

i'm old enough to remember when it was the GM who chose the coach and not the other way around.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not surprised to see Dorsey in jeopardy. He has done an okay job but you need to get the coach. You want him paired with his guy so that they are on the same page. I’d say Caserio and Daboll/McDaniels. They are from Cleveland (except Daboll but he was there) and they are on the same page.

Roman/Caserio maybe? They played at JCU together I believe 

Just now, Doc Brown said:

McDermott probably had a significant role in bringing Beane in here so it depends on the situation.

They were a package deal and the timing of the hires was just different. They interviewed together as a package deal with SF.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They're probably going to offer some coach full control.

Sounds like depodesta is getting full control (he doesn’t even live in Cleveland)

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Packers are largely built thru FA?

Primarily referring to Preston and Za’Darius Smith who took them from out of the playoffs to a bye. They also start Turner and Amos who were signed this offseason. That’s just off the top of my head. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Roman/Caserio maybe? They played at JCU together I believe 

That’s McDaniels. I think Roman was at U of R.

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

...Rebate Jimmy needs a second Brinks truck for the millions he's paying out to FORMER HC's and soon to be GM......and we thought Boy Danny Snyder had a screw loose with stripped threads......."welcome aboard Daboll"???..............

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Primarily referring to Preston and Za’Darius Smith who took them from out of the playoffs to a bye. They also start Turner and Amos who were signed this offseason. That’s just off the top of my head. 

That’s McDaniels. I think Roman was at U of R.

Roman and mcdaniels both  went to John Carroll. Daboll went to U of R.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They let him hire the last coach so I’m guessing they wouldnt let him hire this one and one thing led to another

i don't know that Kitchens was Dorsey's hire, may very well have been. just seems that Baker hired Kitchens more than anything.