Dolphins hire Chan Gailey as OC

FluffHead

Chan will run the spread, but he will get the most of the running game as well.  He’s a solid OC, just not a HC.  The Dolphins are still in a rebuild so not worried, and as long as Gase stays at the Jets, we’re likely for four wins.  We’ll need it playing the AFC and NFC West.

Seattle, SF, LA Rams, KC, will be tough wins, but if we make the playoffs again as well the Patriots twice, we are a legit playoff team.

I like Chan a lot as an OC and even more as a playcaller. Always have. Miami will take a step up next year and Gase will be looking for a job 1 year from today.

I'll never forget the time Chan called a middle screen to Fred at the 1 yard line. Easiest TD in franchise history.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

Chan and fitz, the two best friends that anyone could have! 

@TomPelissero: Blast from the past: Chan Gailey is coming out of retirement to become the #Dolphins’ offensive coordinator, sources tell me and @RapSheet.

Did they really?

?

Well, hey.....third time in the conference's the charm!

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Chan's retirements never last long. Retired after fired by KC as OC. Retired again after fired by the Bills as HC. Retired again after fired by the Jets as OC.

Nice guy. And his spread style offenses are ironically a better fit in the NFL now than they were 10 years ago. Nobody knows Fitz like Chan.

...was trashed by then HC "Haley's Comet".......now Chan is working and Haley is NOT.......what goes around.......

21 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Gotta love it.  Fitzmagic calling the shots in Miami. Makes sense though.  They’re not getting Burrow and any QB they draft is most likely a year away.  Without Fitzpatrick, Dolphins are back to where they were at beginning of this season.  

I have to imagine Fitz had a say in Gailey getting hired. What team is even thinking of a coach who hasent been heard of in 4 years? It's kinda funny though, Fitz and Gailey just love each other 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I have to imagine Fitz had a say in Gailey getting hired. What team is even thinking of a coach who hasent been heard of in 4 years? It's kinda funny though, Fitz and Gailey just love each other 

Well, wasn't it in the third year together where Fitz said the offense was fully implemented? That's a large amount of time chan doesn't have to spend getting his starting qb up to speed. The bad thing for chan is that he's in another situation where he's working with sub par talent.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Well, wasn't it in the third year together where Fitz said the offense was fully implemented? That's a large amount of time chan doesn't have to spend getting his starting qb up to speed. The bad thing for chan is that he's in another situation where he's working with sub par talent.

He lit it up with fitz and the jets.. then the next year that offense was just... a disaster.  Decker got hurt, but they still had marshall, enunwa, and anderson.  Forte and Powell.  Fairly good o-line pieces.  

Defense didn't get as many takeaways, and the offense gave the ball away all the damn time.  Recipe for switching from 10-6 to 5-11