Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wait, Wat?  Are you talking about Daboll going to Cleveland to be McDaniel's OC?  That's simply not going to happen.  Daboll is under contract to the Bills as their OC.  They are not gonna release him from that contract to go be an OC somewhere else.

Freeing a guy up to take a step and accept a better opportunity is one thing.  For a lateral move is something else.

I heard it on one of the shows and think it's nuts to but..........this is the NFL so who knows? 

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Browns fans hate Daboll. Yesterday I was listening to Cleveland sports radio and a guy called in and said he didn’t want Daboll because when he was OC for the Browns, he came into his car dealership and was looking at a new vehicle. He talked to no one but spend considerable time looking at the car - he said he slid underneath the car to check it out in detail. Then he walked up to him and paid full sticker price for it and left with zero negotiation or discussion. The fan felt he was stupid.

I find this hard to believe simply because he would not fit underneath a car. 

Seems like a reason to like him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Seriously, the guy does all the work for you and your mad at him.   So glad I dont live in Cleveland.

Please. I do.  Though most people are good and friendly, there's always the handful of idiots, just like anyplace you live, including Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Browns fans hate Daboll. Yesterday I was listening to Cleveland sports radio and a guy called in and said he didn’t want Daboll because when he was OC for the Browns, he came into his car dealership and was looking at a new vehicle. He talked to no one but spend considerable time looking at the car - he said he slid underneath the car to check it out in detail. Then he walked up to him and paid full sticker price for it and left with zero negotiation or discussion. The fan felt he was stupid.

I find this hard to believe simply because he would not fit underneath a car. 

Perhaps it was a truck with a lift package.

Seriously: ??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, BillsRdue said:

Last I heard "stickum" is illegal

I have seen several WR washing their gloves off with water bottles after the game.  DeAndre Hopkins, for example

Hmmmmm.

On 1/7/2020 at 5:56 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know who I “want” but some available OCs out there are ken whisenhunt, Jay gruden, hue, pat shurmur, Jim Caldwell, Todd Haley. You could also go after a college guy like Joe Brady.

What about Mike Shula, or is he for sure staying with the Giants as OC?

Of the list up there: Pat Shurmur for me if he wants it.  Maybe Todd Haley but EGO

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If the Bills take Frank Gore away from Brian Daboll, I can probably live with him...but man I hate the misuse of Singletary all year.

I think from what McDermott said they've been trying to avoid running him into the ground.

I know it’s a fan’s prerogative to assume everyone else is a moron and they alone possess the intellectual horsepower to observe the obvious...

but Daboll is a University of Rochester grad. He’s not a window licking dummy. I can assure you he’s well aware of the various simple observations/complaints so many have expressed here. Whatever he has done, he did for a rationale reason (whether it worked or not) - not because he is intellectually incapable of seeing Singletary good - Gore bad. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I think from what McDermott said they've been trying to avoid running him into the ground.

Well they did a good job of that, only 151 carries all year. Sure glad they didn't give him the ball any more in the last game, I'd hate for him to get tired and not be ready for next year.?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not only that, but the play he checks to is specified

The play sequence came up in McD’s pressure and he made a frustrated face and admitted they were playing for the touchdown not the field goal and said “we’d like to have those calls back.”  Something went wrong there - not sure if Daboll called the wrong play (including the check), the wrong personnel were on the field, or Allen screwed up - but it was clear they were not aiming for the field goal.  Something got botched but the strategy was the correct one from a coaching standpoint if McD is to be believed - and everything leading up to that play is consistent with the idea that they were trying to score a passing touchdown. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Well they did a good job of that, only 151 carries all year. Sure glad they didn't give him the ball any more in the last game, I'd hate for him to get tired and not be ready for next year.?

He was inactive for 4 games and he also had 44 targets in the passing game. He averaged over 15 touches a game. Would love to use him more too -just providing the stats. Not sure if people forget the hamstring injury and how involved they tried to get him in the passing game. An upgrade from Gore is paramount however.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The play sequence came up in McD’s pressure and he made a frustrated face and admitted they were playing for the touchdown not the field goal and said “we’d like to have those calls back.”  Something went wrong there - not sure if Daboll called the wrong play (including the check), the wrong personnel were on the field, or Allen screwed up - but it was clear they were not aiming for the field goal.  Something got botched but the strategy was the correct one from a coaching standpoint if McD is to be believed - and everything leading up to that play is consistent with the idea that they were trying to score a passing touchdown. 

I honestly think there was some miscommunication about the strategy for the final time out. I think Josh believed he was fine to check to a run there because they still had a time out and if they had called it there we would have had 2nd down and 8/9 with 25/26 seconds on the clock no time outs. You can then call two endzone shots or potentially use the sideline still to get closer then take one endzone shot. What you can't do obviously is throw short into the middle of the field. I don't know. It looked to me even with Josh's  body language immediately after the run that he expected the TO. Either they hadn't discussed it during the prior time out or they had and there was some sort of miscommunication or Josh just had a brain freeze. And absolutely something got botched somewhere. That is just my guess as to what it was but none of us really know.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, SDS said:

I know it’s a fan’s prerogative to assume everyone else is a moron and they alone possess the intellectual horsepower to observe the obvious...

but Daboll is a University of Rochester grad. He’s not a window licking dummy. I can assure you he’s well aware of the various simple observations/complaints so many have expressed here. Whatever he has done, he did for a rationale reason (whether it worked or not) - not because he is intellectually incapable of seeing Singletary good - Gore bad. 

He might even have learned just a little bit from coaching under Belichick and Saban.

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I honestly think there was some miscommunication about the strategy for the final time out. I think Josh believed he was fine to check to a run there because they still had a time out and if they had called it there we would have had 2nd down and 8/9 with 25/26 seconds on the clock no time outs. You can then call two endzone shots or potentially use the sideline still to get closer then take one endzone shot. What you can't do obviously is throw short into the middle of the field. I don't know. It looked to me even with Josh's  body language immediately after the run that he expected the TO. Either they hadn't discussed it during the prior time out or they had and there was some sort of miscommunication or Josh just had a brain freeze. And absolutely something got botched somewhere. That is just my guess as to what it was but none of us really know.  

Agreed - but what’s clear is that THEY WERE NOT COACHING FOR A FIELD GOAL.  

• Like (+1) 2