Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was inactive for 4 games and he also had 44 targets in the passing game. He averaged over 15 touches a game. Would love to use him more too -just providing the stats. Not sure if people forget the hamstring injury and how involved they tried to get him in the passing game. An upgrade from Gore is paramount however.

I remember the play he got injured on at the end of the Giants game and thinking that he was going to be out much longer than he actually was. For me, it was the limited amount of touches early in the year (before the injury and after his return) (8 or less rushes and less than 10 total rushing attempts / receiving targets in 5 of the first 6 games he played) and the inconsistent way they used him, at times, over the remainder of the year.

However, your point is taken and valid. Over 7 of the last 8 games he averaged 20 total rushing attempts / receiving targets per game - and had 19 total attempts/targets in the Houston game. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Doesn't Daboll have like, 5 kids?  How does someone with 5 kids ever have nothing to do?

LOL! I think it's because all they do is football. That's it. Nothing else going on in their lives. Family and Football. I wish I were in that position! 

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Doesn't Daboll have like, 5 kids?  How does someone with 5 kids ever have nothing to do?

When you have a wife to take care of the little brats, that's how.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It's nice that the players like him. Too bad his offense sucks.

Is it because of him or players not executing plays?

I think the latter is true and we will see better results with more familiarity with the system, more experience with our young players and better talent overall next season.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's in his mid 40's. Chances are many of his kids are teenagers or older. Teenagers don't want to hang out with their parents anyway.

Edited by MJS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's in his mid 40's. Chances are many of his kids are teenagers or older. Teenagers don't want to hang out with their parents anyway.

He has two sets of kids - he’s on his second marriage and his youngest is about 2. He does have teenagers as well. I know this because he’s a local guy who is friends with people I know 

35 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

When you have a wife to take care of the little brats, that's how.

Is it because of him or players not executing plays?

I think the latter is true and we will see better results with more familiarity with the system, more experience with our young players and better talent overall next season.

I think it's both but primarily the former.  13 carries for out best guy who was getting 5 yards per on Saturday was not an execution thing.  We saw this in other games too like the Eagles for example.    Josh Allen already has 2 full season but still had trouble running it.  The other guys had full mini camps, training camps, and 16 games. 

Rex Roman's offense was waaaaaaaay ahead in only 1 season much less the second one where we averages 24.7 per game.

Even with better talent I'm not so sure he can get much better results.

I think we can/should do better than Daboll.

A person I work with has friend thats 3rd cousin removed (not sure removed for what) knows someone over seas that cousin twice removed (the deuce) knows a fortune teller in Zamboni and she said her Quiji Board, Taro Cards and magic 8 ball (she won a billiards tourney) have all aligned with the North Star indicating the Browns are dumb enough to hire Daboll.

...There ya have it, sounds over and we need a new OC

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Relax....sorry if I offended you by trying to make a funny.

Is there a "safe place" anywhere in the forums for Coach?

He doesnt need a safe space....you need to get with the now

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, when you have million$, your wife can afford to be a stay at home mom.

There's that. So maybe NOT out of touch.

So Beast is a millionare?  Thats GREAT happy for him