YoloinOhio

Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

I hope not. I agree with Joe B. - Daboll has been huge in getting Allen from where he was last year to this year. Daboll will make Allen better next year, too. Allen's progression is more important than a few bad play calls.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Skeptical 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

They can`t interview him until after the season is over.

They can interview all the guys on teams with a bye week or eliminated from playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

It would be worse to lose Daboll than it was to lose Pettine to the Browns.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Don’t think he gets the job there but say he does. Who are the best OC options out there?

Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore, Todd Haley

• Thanks! (+1) 1

It has to be sad to be a Browns fans. They can hire away all these coordinators from perennial Super Bowl and playoff teams, and yet always poach the Bills’ coordinators. 

11 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Keep him. Let McClappy interview there instead. 

Worst post of the season.

• Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

I guess if Daboll has the chance to be a HC then the Bills ought to let him interview. But I hope he does not end up going there.

I hope he realizes what he's got going here. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

I hope not. I agree with Joe B. - Daboll has been huge in getting Allen from where he was last year to this year. Daboll will make Allen better next year, too. Allen's progression is more important than a few bad play calls.

I truly believe an equally convincing argument can be made that Daboll has held back Josh.  His second half of the season has been a struggle as a passer.  

Needs a new look, someone other than Daboll, a guy who has been eating lunch on his association with the greatest coaches in college and the NFL.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Skeptical 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

They can`t interview him until after the season is over.

They can interview all the guys on teams with a bye week or eliminated from playoffs

Incorrect

Assistant coach following a win or loss in the Wild Card round

If an assistant coach’s team loses in the Wild Card round, the candidate can interview with any team that goes through the proper channels to secure an interview. However, if the assistant coach’s team wins, teams need approval for an interview, which has to take place before the divisional round.

For example: Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph had to wait until their teams were knocked out of the Wild Card round before they could interview. As soon as their seasons were over, there were reports that Austin had interviews lined up with the Rams and Chargers, while Joseph had one set with the Broncos.

On the other hand, Seattle defensive coordinator Kris Richard needed the OK from the Seahawks to interview with the Bills after his team beat the Lions. Richard met with the Bills one day later, on Sunday night.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I truly believe an equally convincing argument can be made that Daboll has held back Josh.  His second half of the season has been a struggle as a passer.  

Needs a new look, someone other than Daboll, a guy who has been eating lunch on his association with the greatest coaches in college and the NFL.

Right on.  I hope Daboll goes to Cleveland.  If not Cleveland, then Carolina.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1