Armchair QB Whisperers beware! Pros see Allen differently.

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Thing is, It doesn't matter if your ceiling is sky high if you are going to play large chunks of the game like your very low basement. 

This is just an absurdly inaccurate statement.    It's not even ball park close.   It's simply put, mindless drivel.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 30
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Thing is, It doesn't matter if your ceiling is sky high if you are going to play large chunks of the game like your very low basement. 

I can remember a few bad plays yesterday but no large chunks of yesterday's game or even this season where that is true. 

Yesterday against the NFL's best defense (can we stop forgetting that), he threw for 200 yards and rushed for about 50 more. The line was terrible. There was no running game. And they were still on the 8 yard line with a chance to tie it...when we went QB sweep, missed pass, and then 2 plays with zero blocking. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm astonished at the cannon the guy has.  I'm also astonished that an NFL caliber QB can't hit a wide open Beasly 15 yards away.  Seems to be throwing off the back foot a lot.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh is making some of the same mistakes now that he made nearly 2 years ago.

Are we sure he's progressing and "learning" ???

His completion % is more what I'd call regressing to the mean.

Yes.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 4

For those of us old enough to recall how Farve started out,(and i am not old, some of you  got me by 25 years? ) this is kind of what Josh is like right now. Josh misses some very easy throws.  Josh makes some throws every game that leave us saying ‘why can’t he do that every time’. Fact is, he will never do it every time. We just need the frequency to become more, which it is. Those two deep throws were big yesterday. That’s an entirely different aspect opposing D’s are going to have to consider now. Josh getting the deep ball touch back for playoffs could be big.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

I'm astonished at the cannon the guy has.  I'm also astonished that an NFL caliber QB can't hit a wide open Beasly 15 yards away.  Seems to be throwing off the back foot a lot.  

Are you also astonished at his two TD throws or naah ? 

Are you impressed by the OL blocking which allowed pressure in his face for most of the game ?

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

This board, man.  It's like some people care more about being proved "right" about an argument from two years ago than actually seeing the team do well.  If I were an Allen hater, I think it would be a lot more fun to just say "Boy am I glad my pre-draft analysis was wrong" and enjoy the 10-win season and playoff spot than walk around miserable all the time.

Agreed.  I hated the Singletary pick.  Came on here and said so.  

I am so happy I was wrong about that dude. 

• Like (+1) 10

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I wonder how well some of the other young QBs would be doing in respect of 'regressing to the mean' if they had just had to play 3 of the best defenses in the NFL. I'd guess they would all be 'regressing to the mean', because that's some tough sledding.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, london_bills said:

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

2 of the 4 horsemen that make up the crusade crew have spoken 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 19
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Are you also astonished at his two TD throws or naah ? 

Are you impressed by the OL blocking which allowed pressure in his face for most of the game ?

Chicago Bills fans need to stick together. At least there are 4 or 5 Bills Backer Bars out here. It might just be a coincidence but 2 are within walking distance of Marv Levys home.

• Like (+1) 1