The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

Welp, the Dems just sealed their fate. The party of slavery, segregation, revolt, and communism Just added attempted coup to their list of accomplishments. 

and just like that, they will get obliterated for years to come. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Alright. Gotta chime in here. How many of you were outraged when Lindsey Graham said impeachment didn't require a crime and that the moral fabric of our society, something or other?

Is there really a difference here? Clinton lied under oath about a sexual encounter, so that distinguishes this process from THAT process? Is that the argument? Didn't like that impeachment. Don't like this impeachment. Let the voters decide. BUT, hypocrisy is never cool. 

This will help Trump politically in all likelihood, but I'm not seeing a difference and the idea that THIS impeachment will end government as we know it seems way over the top.

If you had been following the discussions about impeachment (across many threads) down here, you would know most who expressed an opinion that the Clinton impeachment was not in the best interest of the country. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Doesn't matter. You can't do it. Because it's wrong. 

When you're faced with an enemy with no moral compass, you can choose a restrained approach and probably lose or you can firebomb them into submission and win. I'd rather win, no matter the cost than suffer a loss with a good feeling about my moral superiority.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If you had been following the discussions about impeachment (across many threads) down here, you would know most who expressed an opinion thought the Clinton impeachment was not in the best interest of the country. 

Ya....now.....if this board was alive in 1997....you all would be all in with impeachment, whitewater.....hell you still talk about foster

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Ok now that the Democrats have collectively embarrassed themselves let's get a quick update at how impeachment has allowed them to gain grou......oh ooops:

Screenshot_20191218-183409_Facebook.jpg

See 2018 midterm election to see how effective The Impeached Trump has been... worst defeat in years and years. GOP majority in the House obliterated as +31 flipped.

America clearly wanted accountability and now we have it. Finally. I'm enjoying the crap out of it.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

See 2018 midterm election to see how effective The Impeached Trump has been... worst defeat in years and years. GOP majority in the House obliterated as +31 flipped.

America clearly wanted accountability and now we have it. Finally. I'm enjoying the crap out of it.

2020 is in the bag for Democrats to keep the House, and take back the Senate and White House!!

<_<

• Haha (+1) 2

Trump wasn't running in 2018. The dems have just insured that his base will be there in 2020. The moderate dems that won in 2018 did so on the premise that they wanted to work across the aisle and get things done. That point will be driven home by the republicans and the moderate dems will have no answer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I am thinking you don't understand how this works.

Oh come on now... everyone knows once Trump is impeached he must immediately leave the White House that night, and Pence, as his VP will be out of a job too! And then, we have President Pelosi...

?

I think the Democratic base is gonna be a bit disappointed with the actual results of this debacle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I do not care for Trump, but I hate the misuse of the impeachment process even more.   This is the democrats way of saying that they do not think that they have anyone who can beat Trump in 2020.    Everyone knew that this would happen and also known that the senate will not allow the next step to happen.  All of this time could have been spent by both parties doing something like, maybe improving the many issues in this country?

We will see what happens over the next year now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Impeachment debate a hyper-partisan, hate-filled charade.

ROGER SIMON: Trump Should Not Prolong Boring Impeachment Battle.

“For once I agree with McConnell. Enough already. This House impeachment session was like having root canal—without anesthesia. Twice a year is more than enough for visits to the dentist.”

ANDY MCCARTHY: Trump’s impeachment is all too likely to become ‘the new normal.’

Related: “‘I’m really saddened for my country. I’m really concerned that the irreparable damage that now every president that has a different party in the House, in control of the House, will have to fight impeachment his whole term,’ Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) told Washington Examiner. ‘It’s just a very, very dangerous precedent. There will definitely be some people wanting payback.’”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Impeachment debate a hyper-partisan, hate-filled charade.

ROGER SIMON: Trump Should Not Prolong Boring Impeachment Battle.

“For once I agree with McConnell. Enough already. This House impeachment session was like having root canal—without anesthesia. Twice a year is more than enough for visits to the dentist.”

ANDY MCCARTHY: Trump’s impeachment is all too likely to become ‘the new normal.’

Related: “‘I’m really saddened for my country. I’m really concerned that the irreparable damage that now every president that has a different party in the House, in control of the House, will have to fight impeachment his whole term,’ Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) told Washington Examiner. ‘It’s just a very, very dangerous precedent. There will definitely be some people wanting payback.’”

There will and should be payback. Though I wouldn't count on the current crop of castrated mainstream Republicans to do the job.

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

How many seats did Obama lose in 2010?

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Glad he is gone, he didn't do anything to help this country. All he did was destroy it even more and create a war between our own people in this country. 

There, ladies and gents, is your typical deeply informed Democratic voter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2