The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The dems rushed for impeachment and refused to go to court to get the witnesses they wanted so now we are sticking to their rules. While I would love to see the whistle blower and Schiff have to testify the House has presented it's case to their membership. They can present it again to the Senate without retrying it.

i know it will never happen because of the threat Trump presents to the deep state but... it would be nice to bring it all out in the open. all dismissing the articles is going to do is to further divide the country. the sepsis of the elite is ruining the country. the sooner we confront it head on, the sooner we will be able to deal with it and put it behind us and move on.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

what needs to happen is to have a completely open trial. both sides call all the witnesses they want. the only way to bury this is to let the light shine and bear it all before the American public.

The American people will never be allowed to see it. The left wing media will only show, and tell, the people what they want to .  Hasn't the Schiff Show already proven that to you?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The American people will never be allowed to see it. The left wing media will only show, and tell, the people what they want to .  Hasn't the Schiff Show already proven that to you?

to be honest, it really doesn't matter what has or hasn't been proven to me. my statement is/was all about what should happen.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Twitter boy!! Twitter boy! 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hey Adam!
And when the President learns that a ranking member of the previous administration committed a high crime ...he’s supposed to what exactly?

He’s suppose to extort a foreign country! Huh? 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Gotta love all of ya that are following this live as I do not have that strong a stomach.  ?  or if you prefer ?

I've only been tuned in for about a half an hour, and I've had about all I can take. What a bunch of sanctimonious blowhards (and now Maxine Waters is up....:sick:). The evidence for impeachment looks pretty damned flimsy, and the precedent they're setting is a dangerous one.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I've only been tuned in for about a half an hour, and I've had about all I can take. What a bunch of sanctimonious blowhards (and now Maxine Waters is up....:sick:). The evidence for impeachment looks pretty damned flimsy, and the precedent they're setting is a dangerous one.

...up for WHAT?........execution?.....poster girl for relaxed mental hygiene?.......yet another Left Coast Gem......

10 minutes ago, Azalin said:

It’s time to abolish our government.  There’s no coming back from this.

55 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Gotta love all of ya that are following this live as I do not have that strong a stomach.  ?  or if you prefer ?

I tuned out the other day when some D started quoting MLK as it relates to impeachment.

Well, I did tune in long enough today to hear how we have to do it for the children and their children ad ad nauseam.

53 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It’s time to abolish our government.  There’s no coming back from this.

I've historically been repulsed by the very notion of such an eventuality, but I feel myself starting to warm to the idea.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nice little facet of Rooney's statement:

“Additionally, having asked numerous ex-White House Counsels and well-known government attorneys, there can be no “obstruction of Congress (or of justice)” while the person refusing to comply is relying on a claim of executive privilege. Only after losing in court, and still refusing to comply with a subpoena, would a claimant be obstructing."

Reasoned, well thought out statement by Rooney, worth reading if you haven't.  And it's fairly brief!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2