The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

42 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Happy Impeachment Day!

EMDuTNNWsAEQ9Sw.jpg

Lol! 

15 hours ago, dubs said:

This impeachment represents an unprecedented and unconstitutional abuse of power by Democrat Lawmakers,”

”The Articles of Impeachment introduced by the House Judiciary Committee are not recognizable under any standard of a Constitutional theory, interpretation, or jurisprudence. They include no crimes, no misdemeanors, and no offenses whatsoever”

See how that works. He’s not saying impeachment is unconstitutional, he’s saying this one is. Which is the case since the Dems are not alleging a single high crime or misdemeanor took place and no treason. 

That's dumb, they laid out their case very well. 

See, Trump corrupts everything. He gets people like you to say the stupidest things to excuse his ignorance. 

That is your brain on Trump

Edited by Tiberius

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Democrats are floating the idea of calling off the impeachment process once they vote to impeach. How? By declining to transmit their articles of impeachment to the Senate for a trial.

Democrats may be floating this idea in the hope of gaining leverage with Mitch McConnell over how the Senate will proceed with a trial of the president.

However, Larry Tribe, writing in the Washington Post, seems to think that House Democrats should withhold their articles of impeachment if the threat of doing so fails to sway McConnell.

I know that Trump says he wants a Senate trial, the longer the better. However, I’d be pleased if the Democrats followed Tribe’s advice.

Why? For four reasons. First, enough time has already been spent on this matter.

Second, the public, I think, would interpret the Democrats’ move as a retreat — a confirmation that impeachment was just a gesture, not a serious move with a strong basis in law and fact.

Third, this move would put the Trump impeachment in a unique and less damning historical category. The impeachment would carry a big and puzzling asterisk.

Finally, not bringing the case to the Senate would let certain Republican Senators off the hook. Just as so-called moderate Democrats in the House face a risk by voting to impeach, some Senators who are up for reelection next year face a risk if they vote not to convict.

A Senator like Cory Gardner of Colorado can’t afford to vote to remove Trump from office. But if he votes not to, he might lose support he needs — e.g. from women and suburbanites. Tribe’s move would take Gardner and others out of this box.

I don’t see House Democrats pulling the plug on impeachment by not referring their articles to the Senate. But the fact that they are talking about doing so is a good sign. In part, it’s a recognition that things aren’t going well for them.

To be clear, if Mitch McConnell gives the White House a say in how the Senate conducts the trial of President Trump, the Democrats will have a legitimate beef. But if House Democrats overreact by pulling the plug on the proceedings, they will, I think, have shot themselves in the foot.

I hope they do.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/12/impeachment-two-developments-neither-bad.php

Senate Democrats undercut the House Dems and their primary impeachment article by moaning that they need more facts.

What they want is a smoking gun, something that might turn public opinion around. (They wouldn’t get it from the witnesses they want to have testify at trial or from Mueller grand jury testimony).

Mitch McConnell dismissed the whining of Schumer and other Senate Democrats with this comment: “The Senate is meant to act as judge and jury, to hear a trial, not to re-run the entire fact-finding investigation because angry partisans rush sloppily through it.”

He’s right. I think the American public will agree.

None of the above.  It's a stall tactic.  They'll have canned and ready to go documents.  Wait until a new fake accusation is levied, because the Ukraine garbage clearly isn't cutting it, and use the ready made articles out of "urgency".  So what if they're slightly off topic?  It's a national emergency.

Make the Senate the new ****show location right from go and either get Trump or make Republicans the villains for daring to look into whatever the newest crap allegations might be.  "We must vote immediately to save the country harrumph harrumph".

They are currently looking for and/or developing this "scandal" and I'd bet they're looking for names bigger than Vindman and that cast of characters.  They are probably looking for a republican or two that can be "outraged" about some innocuous crap that is the norm but rarely public.

Some of these idiots like Schumer are smarter than idiots like Swallwell but they are all easy to figure out.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

TRUMP UNBOUND

Today President Trump delivered a blistering six-page letter to Nancy Pelosi, attacking the Democrats’ misconduct dating from the election campaign of 2016 and culminating in the current impeachment farce. The letter is embedded below. When I saw that Trump had delivered such a letter, I assumed it was written by White House Counsel Pat Cipollone. Having read the letter, I think it is written in Trump’s own voice. With genuine emotion, he tells Pelosi and the Democrats that “you are violating your oaths of office, you are breaking your allegiance to the Constitution, and you are you are declaring open war on American Democracy.”

This is the president’s conclusion:

It is time for you and the highly partisan Democrats in Congress to immediately cease this impeachment fantasy and get back to work for the American People. While I have no expectation that you will do so, I write this letter to you for the purpose of history and to put my thoughts on a permanent and indelible record.

One hundred years from now, when people look back at this affair, I want them to understand it, and learn from it, so that it can never happen to another President again.

I think President Trump is correct in believing that history will judge the Democratic Party harshly. Here is the letter: (at the link)

Exit question: Did Trump write this letter to memorialize his grievances because he’s resigned to the fact that he’s not going to be able to call witnesses at his trial?

A hundred years from now people will be asking what type of morons elected this idiot 

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

None of the above.  It's a stall tactic.  They'll have canned and ready to go documents.  Wait until a new fake accusation is levied, because the Ukraine garbage clearly isn't cutting it, and use the ready made articles out of "urgency".  So what if they're slightly off topic?  It's a national emergency.

The Ukraine garbage will cut it once they charge Trump with bribery/collusion/extortion/OrangeManBad for Parnas receiving $1M from Firtash.  

Just now, Gary Busey said:

Schiff is a lunatic.  He has absolutely no proof of abuse of power, and how can you cover up something that didn't happen?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He is literally such a bad president you have to blame us for him. Sad.

Actually yes.  Obama limped to the finish line of his presidency with sagging approval from lousy policy positions.  Hillary was a dud candidate to say the least so Yes Obama and Clinton resulted in Trump.

• Like (+1) 1