The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

14 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I hope Cocaine Mitch doesn’t take it up until June of next year. 

Or drag it out through the primary season. You know, by scheduling trial days to occur when the Democrats have debates planned, etc.

Be a real shame if the push by all these states to have early primaries blew up in their faces.

• Like (+1) 1

"Never before, in the history of the republic, have we been forced to consider the conduct of a president who appears to have solicited personal, political favors from a foreign government."

Is it that Trump supporters simply think the above is bogus/hot air?  Or do they just not care and turn a blind eye even if they think he did do what he is being accused of, perhaps by citing other presidents who they think did the same or worse?  

I'd hope it's mostly the former.  

38 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I hope Cocaine Mitch doesn’t take it up until June of next year. 

Me too - more time for the courts go through all the appeals regarding his finances. 

There's a reason Trump and his minions keep screaming IMPEACHMENT BY CHRISTMAS! 

Trump wants it to happen ASAP

25 minutes ago, Capco said:

"Never before, in the history of the republic, have we been forced to consider the conduct of a president who appears to have solicited personal, political favors from a foreign government."

Is it that Trump supporters simply think the above is bogus/hot air?  Or do they just not care and turn a blind eye even if they think he did do what he is being accused of, perhaps by citing other presidents who they think did the same or worse?  

I'd hope it's mostly the former.  

Trump supporters believe the latter.  Sane people who are paying attention know it's the former.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Sane people who are paying attention know it's the former.

Well now you're jumping the gun a bit yourself.  Unless you think the Democrats intentionally picked insane witnesses.  

At Wednesday’s session, three legal experts called by Democrats said impeachment was merited.

Noah Feldman, a Harvard Law School professor, said he considered it clear that the president’s conduct met the definition of “high crimes and misdemeanors.” Said Michael Gerhardt, a University of North Carolina law professor, “If what we’re talking about is not impeachable … then nothing is impeachable.”

The only Republican witness, Jonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, dissented from the other legal experts. He said the Democrats were bringing a “slipshod impeachment” case against the president, but he didn’t excuse Trump’s behavior.

“It is not wrong because President Trump is right,” Turley said. “A case for impeachment could be made, but it cannot be made on this record.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/pelosi-gives-approval-for-drafting-impeachment-articles-against-trump

Idk, but I think it would be pretty difficult to get a job as a law professor at Harvard if you were insane.  Just a hunch though.  

Edited by Capco
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Capco said:

Well now you're jumping the gun a bit yourself.  Unless you think the Democrats intentionally picked insane witnesses.  

At Wednesday’s session, three legal experts called by Democrats said impeachment was merited.

Noah Feldman, a Harvard Law School professor, said he considered it clear that the president’s conduct met the definition of “high crimes and misdemeanors.” Said Michael Gerhardt, a University of North Carolina law professor, “If what we’re talking about is not impeachable … then nothing is impeachable.”

The only Republican witness, Jonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, dissented from the other legal experts. He said the Democrats were bringing a “slipshod impeachment” case against the president, but he didn’t excuse Trump’s behavior.

“It is not wrong because President Trump is right,” Turley said. “A case for impeachment could be made, but it cannot be made on this record.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/pelosi-gives-approval-for-drafting-impeachment-articles-against-trump

Idk, but I think it would be pretty difficult to get a job as a law professor at Harvard if you were insane.  Just a hunch though.  

quick question for you.... do you think the insane think they're insane or sane?

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

quick question for you.... do you think the insane think they're insane or sane?

As a matter of fact I know a paranoid schizophrenic who is fully aware that he's insane.  Some do know and some don't.  No need to paint with such broad strokes.  

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

As a matter of fact I know a paranoid schizophrenic who is fully aware that he's insane.  Some do know and some don't.  No need to paint with such broad strokes.  

ummm.. so again... who is the one painting with a broad brush?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They went to “Harvard” so they’re automatically our betters, incapable of being partisan hacks. 

Holy Schiff what an appeal to authority. 

I'm routinely thankful I chose not to go to Harvard.

• Like (+1) 1