The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

See 2018 midterm election to see how effective The Impeached Trump has been... worst defeat in years and years. GOP majority in the House obliterated as +31 flipped.

America clearly wanted accountability and now we have it. Finally. I'm enjoying the crap out of it.

You're going to be in for a rough November next year... and most of us will enjoy the crap out of that.

Of course, are you going to have the balls to come back here?

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Glad he is gone, he didn't do anything to help this country. All he did was destroy it even more and create a war between our own people in this country. 

Did you suffer a head wound, or are you just naturally this uninformed?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Where are the comments from that loser Gator?  Must be carpooling to the Social Security office with his bum family.  Gotta try to get an SSI advance for the holidays.

Hey garbage person! I was playing hockey tonight. What were you doing, eating sh it? You are nothing. Filth 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There will and should be payback. Though I wouldn't count on the current crop of castrated mainstream Republicans to do the job.

Trump on Revenge: 

There are ways to do it within the system that might actually preserve those very institutions -- don't think for a moment the reshaping of the courts is for show. Or the massive amounts of sealed indictments which remain (and have escalated steadily). And don't underestimate what Barr and Durham have been up to. 

Pieces are aligning (too slowly for me, I grant you) in the correct way for a massive cleanup. Electorally, and through actual indictments. 

Think about how much has come out in just the past two weeks. Then think about how much has come out in the past year, two years, three years. It's building to something. 

(And, if it doesn't, then the job falls to us, the people to do our own constitutional duties -- but we're not there yet imo)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

How many seats did Obama lose in 2010?

The racists rose in anger, that’s for sure 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump on Revenge: 

There are ways to do it within the system that might actually preserve those very institutions -- don't think for a moment the reshaping of the courts is for show. Or the massive amounts of sealed indictments which remain (and have escalated steadily). And don't underestimate what Barr and Durham have been up to. 

Pieces are aligning (too slowly for me, I grant you) in the correct way for a massive cleanup. Electorally, and through actual indictments. 

Think about how much has come out in just the past two weeks. Then think about how much has come out in the past year, two years, three years. It's building to something. 

(And, if it doesn't, then the job falls to us, the people to do our own constitutional duties -- but we're not there yet imo)

You love a criminal. You are like an abused wife or something 

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Alright. Gotta chime in here. How many of you were outraged when Lindsey Graham said impeachment didn't require a crime and that the moral fabric of our society, something or other?

Is there really a difference here? Clinton lied under oath about a sexual encounter, so that distinguishes this process from THAT process? Is that the argument? Didn't like that impeachment. Don't like this impeachment. Let the voters decide. BUT, hypocrisy is never cool. 

This will help Trump politically in all likelihood, but I'm not seeing a difference and the idea that THIS impeachment will end government as we know it seems way over the top.

I don't know that I'd say this impeachment will all by itself end government as we know it, but it's a massive step toward the complete destabilization of the balance of power that is the foundation of our government.

The Clinton impeachment was one of the most egregious abuses of constitutional authority of the last half century. This blows that out of the water.

At least with Clinton there was proof that he had committed a felony while in office. It was still ridiculous because there's no law that disqualifies a felon from holding office, and perjury about a #### ### is not treason, it's not bribery, & it's not a high crime or misdemeanor. But at least it was a crime.

President Trump is being impeached for doing something that isn't a crime, and certainly appears to have had a legitimate basis, but they think might well have been unseemly if he had a particular mindset at the time. That and for refusing to submit to the authority of a branch that did not possess said authority in the first place.

It's made worse by the fact that it comes after a 3 year impeachment campaign, that predates the supposed transgressions by 2.5 years. Not to mention those 3 years were consumed with constant, thorough, and invasive investigations, initiated by fraud, and this is all they could come up with.

Any way you slice it, this is a new low in American politics.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Alright. Gotta chime in here. How many of you were outraged when Lindsey Graham said impeachment didn't require a crime and that the moral fabric of our society, something or other?

Is there really a difference here? Clinton lied under oath about a sexual encounter, so that distinguishes this process from THAT process? Is that the argument? Didn't like that impeachment. Don't like this impeachment. Let the voters decide. BUT, hypocrisy is never cool. 

This will help Trump politically in all likelihood, but I'm not seeing a difference and the idea that THIS impeachment will end government as we know it seems way over the top.

I was too young for Clinton's saga -- but I disagree with its foundation. But at least as Rob said above, there was at least a crime to serve as a pretext. Flimsy? Yup. Waste of time? You betcha. But at least they met the minimum requirement in terms of cause. 

This impeachment is weaponizing a policy difference. That's why it's different and dangerous. 

It's not about 2020, that's all smoke. This is the establishment afraid to death of their pay-for-play schemes being exposed (in not just Ukraine), and fighting an outsider with everything they can to preserve the Military Industrial Intelligence Complex's agenda and budgets. 

Remember what we just learned from the IG. The same people rigged the system to get a SCO to investigate a sitting president despite knowing, before the SCO was even hired, that there was nothing to the underlying basis of the investigation. They dragged it out for two years anyway (through the midterms, definitely influencing them/meddling in them). That's egregious -- much worse than anything Trump is accused of doing in Ukraine. 

These people are afraid. And this is their nuclear button. They are literally saying "***** the country" to save their own asses. It won't work, but the risks of this spinning out of control just went way up.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You're going to be in for a rough November next year... and most of us will enjoy the crap out of that.

Of course, are you going to have the balls to come back here?

Did you suffer a head wound, or are you just naturally this uninformed?

I think he’s correct. He goes to San Clemente now, per protocol. 

The democrats didn’t impeach a president, they just made a martyr out of him. 

Quick question for everyone..... do you think any of the Trump supporters care that he is impeached? 

All they have done is pissed off a group of people who already didn’t like the political B.S. 

And I think they are just now realizing it.

• Like (+1) 6