Is Dawson Knox the 3rd best receiver on the team?

Motorin'

Just now, MAJBobby said:

screen game gets hurt because of Josh Allen. Running QBs will hurt the screen game because of the Spy. 

Always... Unless they can put enough pressure on the secondary to make a spy a liability. Not many QBs reach that point (Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahomes?)

Having motion as a threat can counteract some of the spy’s effectiveness though. Nothing is completely reliable, but teams have been utilizing the jet sweep to open up screens on the opposite side. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Always... Unless they can put enough pressure on the secondary to make a spy a liability. Not many QBs reach that point (Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahomes?)

Having motion as a threat can counteract some of the spy’s effectiveness though. Nothing is completely reliable, but teams have been utilizing the jet sweep to open up screens on the opposite side. 

makes sense. Just wanted to point out the way defenses defend Allen with the Spy and the controlled rush do make it harder for Teams with those Mobile QB to execute Screens. 

but Screens and Quick Hitters our to WRs are very underutilized in this Offense. 

with Joshs Arm he can throw that Pop Pass like right now. And the Amount of Cushion Brown gets that is an easy 5 yard completion with Potential to turn Huge. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

He was so under utilized at Ole Miss that there is no way he could be even close to a finished ball catcher as a rookie.  He has done well so far, imo, and will do more.  If the offense makes a late season surge, he'll be part of the reason.  He showed well against the Browns.  Two balls he did not come up with were part on Josh and part on his not having his big body in quite the right position.  He is learning fast and will be a tough matchup going forward.

Plus one.

DiMarco should be inactive and they should move towards using Knox in an H Back role when they feel the need for a FB. Not convert him to H back, just move him there when needed. Imagine those FB wheel routes going to Knox instead of DiMarco. I mean if they are willing to run a jet sweep with Knox, I don't see this as being too big of a stretch.

Daboll needs to scheme for his best players rather than trying to fit players into his best scheme.

McKenzie is also a victim of this. You see small, fast guys like Sproles for instance, get built into an offense all the time. But there has to be a very specific instance where McKenzie sees the field currently.

The constant rotation of personnel has probably created quite a few tendencies that make this offense very predictable to defend.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I sure as hell would rather see Knox split out wide then either Gore or DeMarco! 

Knox is interesting in that right now he is a below average TE in the passing game and is probably doing more harm then good.  Yet, he has shown enough to indicate that over the medium term he's going to be an absolute stud catching the ball down the field. 

As others have noted his experience in the passing game is almost nonexistent.  And this I'm sure has contributed to some of his drops but I suspect the bigger concern for Bills coaches is that Knox was not an experienced route runner even at the college level.  He doesn't seem to get sitting down in a zone and he routinely brings his cover guy(s) into an area where Allen is throwing the ball to someone else. 

At the same time Knox has made some nice catches and his YAC can be impressive if he gets up a head of steam.  At this point I think we should turn him lose and have him on the field on almost every passing play.  He is at least capable of creating a big play.

And IMO next year the conversation around Knox is going to be completely different as the guy catches 50 passes and 10 TD's.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He only gets 36.8% of the offensive snaps.

I DO say he SHOULD be the 3rd WR coming into the Game.

One thing is for sure they should NEVER us Andre Roberts at WR

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/andre-roberts/

I disagree ...

1. Brown

2. Beasley

3. Duke - At least this guy can catch the ball

4. Knox - The kid is looking good

5. McKittrick - When he gets the ball it's usually a good thing

6. Roberts

7. Poyer, Hyde, White, Milano

8. Kroft - Meh, but better than the rest

9. Sweeney

10. Foster

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I'd put him 4th on the team after Brown, Beasley and Duke.

Why they're giving Foster active duty over Duke is weird to me.

Because even when they dont throw Foster’s way the D is still very aware of him because of his speed. They slide a S over to his side most of the time thereby clearing out room underneath for another WR. Foster’s presence on the field helps the rest of the team. 

• Like (+1) 2

He’s certainly had some bad drops. I also like what I see in general. He blocks pretty well, he’s got some fire in his belly and he makes plays. I hope he learns to focus on the catch and keep growing into a special TE. 

There's a lot of hating on Foster here, but the guy hasn't really had a chance to catch any long balls.  Allen hasn't been accurate enough for Foster to be of use, that's not on Foster.  I know he had issues tracking the ball last year in preseason, but he had a good year last year and he showed he can be a good player

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

with Joshs Arm he can throw that Pop Pass like right now. And the Amount of Cushion Brown gets that is an easy 5 yard completion with Potential to turn Huge. 

You know.... I’m not sure if they’ve run any “slant & go” routes. With his arm strength that could be extremely effective just like it was with Favre.