Grading the next generation of quarterbacks...CBS Article

Hebert19

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/grading-nfls-next-generation-of-quarterbacks-josh-allen-kyle-allen-rebound-gardner-minshew-struggles/

Not sure this has been posted but it seems someone looks at allen as doing better than the rest and pretty favorable overall.  Guess the sky may not be falling. 

Edited by Hebert19
Update title
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Thanks for posting. It all seems fair, across all QB’s. 

As I’ve stated here multiple times, I think Josh is going to be a great QB and this reenforces that others (non-homers) are seeing what I’m seeing: a raw QB who is improving. 

He was not only the right Josh, he IS the right QB. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 10

We have a nicely developing QB, a good defense, a coach that squeezes performance out of every player, a GM with knowledge and a plan.  We are 6-2.  Yet, people boo and people complain constantly.   We won 6 games last year and now the fans complain about the quality of the wins.  ?? 

I cannot believe the negativity from Bills Mafia.  Bring back the 12th man. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 8

45 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Ya.  Compared to EJ losman Edward's etc we should be doing cartwheels.   Issue is that people are comparing him to mahomes. 

He is a gamer that loves buffalo what else do you need. 

Who is comparing him to Mahomes?

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Thanks for posting. It all seems fair, across all QB’s. 

As I’ve stated here multiple times, I think Josh is going to be a great QB and this reenforces that others (non-homers) are seeing what I’m seeing: a raw QB who is improving. 

He was not only the right Josh, he IS the right QB. 

I absolutely agree with you.  Is it weird that I think the fact he is raw as a positive? If this is him raw, his ceiling could be absolutely insane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Interceptions are down and he makes plays in the 4th quarter.  Completion percentage is higher and accuracy is better. He still has some scratch your head throws at times. He's fine and progressing nicely. 

Agreed.  Just need more trust in him from the OC.  Needs more freedom to sling it

• Like (+1) 2

Well, its nice to see that grade on Josh, but consider that Trapasso is a Bills fan and used to edit Buffalo Rumblings and contributes to the Buffalo News.  Perhaps a bit biased?   Hmmmm....

EDITED:   Or more likely, better informed, since he probably follows Allen and the Bills more closely than other national media guys...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-trapasso-b5a9a511

Edited by Lurker
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Ya.  Compared to EJ losman Edward's etc we should be doing cartwheels.   Issue is that people are comparing him to mahomes. 

He is a gamer that loves buffalo what else do you need. 

It’s only an issue because he’s not nearly as good.

It’s easy to say he’s better than EJ but it’s still a pathetically low bar to set. 

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

It’s only an issue because he’s not nearly as good.

It’s easy to say he’s better than EJ but it’s still a pathetically low bar to set. 

You do realize Andy Reid is the reason Mahomes is successful, right? Alex Smith? First round bust? Remember him? Or how about the last couple games with Matt freaking Moore?

The simple folk on this board just can't seem to grasp there's a lot more to football than individual talent. Which is strange, because that's what makes football so great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well, its nice to see that grade on Josh, but consider that Trapasso is a Bills fan and used to edit Buffalo Rumblings and contributes to the Buffalo News.  Perhaps a bit biased?    Hmmm....

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-trapasso-b5a9a511

It’s a small world, all these guys are connected in some way with other sports reporting organizations, not that he isn’t a fan, but that’s the world of sports reporters for the most part. 

A pretty good write up over all imo. 

Go Bills!!!

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The truth is a hard pill to swallow. 

Or maybe you’re just not quite there in your assessment. Could happen ya know. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Luka said:

You do realize Andy Reid is the reason Mahomes is successful, right? Alex Smith? First round bust? Remember him? Or how about the last couple games with Matt freaking Moore?

The simple folk on this board just can't seem to grasp there's a lot more to football than individual talent. Which is strange, because that's what makes football so great.

Speaking of simple folk, it’s pretty ignorant to say only one thing, or person in this case, is responsible for a QB’s success or lack thereof. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 2

lets just see how he progresses. its too early to tell. you cannot say he will be a franchise QB, and you can't say he is a bust

Trubisky led his team to 12 wins, avg 220 ypg and threw for 20+ TD's and now fans are burning his jersey. 

Edited by Tesla03

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Speaking of simple folk, it’s pretty ignorant to say only one thing, or person in this case, is responsible for a QB’s success or lack thereof. 

See my previous post above.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Or maybe you’re just not quite there in your assessment. Could happen ya know. 

not quite where in my assessment? What are you talking about?

Just now, K-9 said:

No.

Typical coming from you

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

See my previous post above.

What about it?

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

not quite where in my assessment? What are you talking about?

Not gonna tell you, ?

Okay, It’s about QB assessment, the reason we are posting in this thread, ya might be wrong, is what i’m sayin, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

Imo if Allen doesn't have major progress by the end of next year and we still are a middle of the pack team/offense I'd really think about getting rid of Mcdermott and his staff and letting Allen work with an offensive minded HC that can groom him into a top QB. 

as it stands right now no one on this staff has experience with developing QB's. you can only get so far in this league with a conservative defensive minded HC. At the very least find Allen a top OC bc 8 weeks in and Daboll looks like he is really holding this team back. 

think about it this way. would you want Allen + New HC or Mcdermott + New QB. 

Edited by Tesla03

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Typical coming from you

:lol: Better to laugh at you with an actual response post. Your post just wasn’t worth the positive rep point. 

Edited by K-9
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/grading-nfls-next-generation-of-quarterbacks-josh-allen-kyle-allen-rebound-gardner-minshew-struggles/

Not sure this has been posted but it seems someone looks at allen as doing better than the rest and pretty favorable overall.  Guess the sky may not be falling. 

I don't believe you.

_xFwHg.gif

43 minutes ago, Luka said:

You do realize Andy Reid is the reason Mahomes is successful, right?

No. I did not realize this nor do I find it even remotely close to accurate. Andy Reid is a very good offensive mind and the Chiefs have a ton of talent. Matt Moore and Alex Smith look pretty good in the system.

Pat Mahomes looks like a transcendent player in the mold of an Aaron Rodgers. I think you're seeing what you want to see.

Prior to Mahomes, Andy Reid NEVER once had a 30 TD passing season from a QB. This guy put up 50!

There's no reason to spin the truth to fit a narrative as Mahomes has nothing to do with Allen.

52 minutes ago, Luka said:

Alex Smith and Matt Moore are decent game managers who's ceiling makes them Wild Card contenders at best.  Mahomes instantly upgraded then from a WC team to a Super Bowl contender with some of the most ridiculous throws I've ever seen.  Reid has a lot to do with Mahomes development but he''s so talented he'd be successful even if he started as a rookie with the '02 Texans. 

Edited by Doc Brown