Andy Dalton benched in Cincy

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

It's a mother tiger eating her young (old) to survive 

Their franchise QB is fading fast.  They need a new one and find themselves at 0-8 with a solid group of QBs in the draft.

So they pull their starter and put in Curtis Painter.  There is no way anyone in that FO thinks the backup will do much better.  They are counting on the opposite.

Bill Polian approves.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

"Bridge QB" or "good game manager" fits him well. So many "haters" have called Allen a bust from day one. My own concern, is that he becomes a guy on Dalton's level, or Stafford's, Flacco's. etc.: quite good but not great. Good enough you don't want to get rid of him, but not great enough for the higher level games. I'm not saying that's what will happen! Just that it's my concern. Josh is already a better QB we've had for years and years. You have to go back to Beldsoe & Flutie. And he's still learning!

Bengals are dumb IF they don't have another option already though. KC could change from Alex Smith as they had Mahomes. The Panthers and Jaguars now see they have another option at QB. Do the Bengals have one?

I don't see that at all. I see Allen as total boom or total bust. He either makes it as an upper echelon franchise QB or washes out of the league entirely. He isn't really a caretaker  of the football. He isn't a cerebral player. He doesn't throw with much precision/accuracy/precision. He has difficulty operating a standard NFL offense. Allen was a polarizing prospect because of his skill set and will most likely have a polarizing career. 

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Holy smoke.  Agreed.  He is not playing that badly - a few too many picks, but part of that is trying hard to make something happen, without a true #1 guy he can target with AJ Green out.

Wonder if Denver will be on the phone seeking a trade.

Da' Bears should jump all over this.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah, there's a guy on this board who would take him just for that, because he'd rather see a Bills QB throw for over 300 yards than a Bills win.

Da Bears have to take a look.

HuHH!   What!!??!!

Who!  When !

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

Wow. Didn't see that coming. I don't watch a lot of Bengals games, but it doesn't seem like QB play is really the problem......

It's not, that coach is a one and done. Dalton will find the grass is greener elsewhere and oh how they must want Marvin Lewis back in Cincy. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Funny how long it takes these organizations to realize Quarterback X isn't good enough.

How many years did Cinci waste spinning wheels with Dalton and Mavin Lewis before this?

How many years did Miami kill waiting for Tannehill to get good?

How many years will the Bills waste waiting for Josh Allen to be less "raw" and "gain experience"?  

We'll find out I guess!

Allen has 17 games played. Dalton 128.  Maybe somewhere in the middle is good.  To me the logical point to stop is when there is on further improvement and the status quo is not good enough.  Allen is far from that problem right now.