What body part(s) hurts today?

I have been feeling old lately. After playing hockey on Saturday nights in net, I have played 2 games a few times Nd usually the next day the bottom of my feet are killing me Nd my legs are stiff. 2 weeks ago I played one game and later the next day started to have problems in my leg/hip. Couldn't get up or down too well and had pain and stiffness moving from my groin/hip into my lower back for a few days.

Guessing I need more stretching before I hit the ice

Played golf this a.m.  Every time after I play, my middle and ring finger on my LH hurt (I'm RH).  I had taken about a 7 year layoff from the game due to being consumed with kid's activities, but they are growing and I just got a new sales job.  Have played 7 times over the last 2 months.  Hurts like hell for a day or two and then fine until the next time I play.  

2 hours ago, Richmond_Bills said:

Played golf this a.m.  Every time after I play, my middle and ring finger on my LH hurt (I'm RH).  I had taken about a 7 year layoff from the game due to being consumed with kid's activities, but they are growing and I just got a new sales job.  Have played 7 times over the last 2 months.  Hurts like hell for a day or two and then fine until the next time I play.  

Grip is too tight! Hold that club gently, like you are holding a baby bird! 

• Like (+1) 1

Let’s do this the easy way.....my left elbow isn’t too bad. 

5 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

My stomach/intestines have not felt right since the Monday I got back from Nashville after our game there.........doctor can't seem to figure it out.

I’ll vouch for you, it’s not from all the drinks you had at Bar Louie!  ?

Unless you became dehydrated due to what seemed a focused neglect? I would have benefitted from a little less attention there. 

Hope you start feeling better! 

Edited by Augie

10 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Been having major shoulder pain for months in both shoulders. I think it is a rotator cuff issue. Can’t even sleep on my side anymore. 

Oh, Lordy. I’ve been there on both sides, but never both at once! The CPAP allows me to sleep on my back, but I go between that and my “healthy side” which varies. Try this, it worked for me (regardless of how silly it sounds!): I took a belt from a bathrobe wrapped it around my waist and tied my hand close to my waist.  If your hands are allowed to raise during sleep, that is where the trouble starts. Do NOT put your arm under the pillow going above your head. That is DISASTER! 

I’ll spare you the medical part. 

I’ve missed 12-18 months of tennis on three occasions, but refused surgery. It WILL get better. 

Good luck! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh, Lordy. I’ve been there on both sides, but never both at once! The CPAP allows me to sleep on my back, but I go between that and my “healthy side” which varies. Try this, it worked for me (regardless of how silly it sounds!): I took a belt from a bathrobe wrapped it around my waist and tied my hand close to my waist.  If your hands are allowed to raise during sleep, that is where the trouble starts. Do NOT put your arm under the pillow going above your head. That is DISASTER! 

I’ll spare you the medical part. 

I’ve missed 12-18 months of tennis on three occasions, but refused surgery. It WILL get better. 

Good luck! 

thanks so much! I’m going to try this. I too am refusing surgery. I’m at the point in life where I would rather just try rehab or PT and play sports through the pain or with limited range. 

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Been having major shoulder pain for months in both shoulders. I think it is a rotator cuff issue. Can’t even sleep on my side anymore. 

I had this on and off for 15 years right around my brachial plexus. While on a business trip in India, a friend recommended that I get a Cortisone shot at the major city hospital. The needle was "HOLY SH*T" and the pain lasted for three weeks -- but I've been pain-free since (eight years now).

Edited by Golden Goat

5 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

I had this on and off for 15 years right around my brachial plexus. While on a business trip in India, a friend recommended that I get a Cortisone shot at the major city hospital. The needle was "HOLY SH*T" and the pain lasted for three weeks -- but I've been pain-free since (eight years now).

thanks! I may look into this too. 

the other idea I had was to try a chiropractor— which I have never went to before in my life.

9 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

I’ve had two cortisone shots. The first guy missed the spot and I got no relief. Years later I tried it again. It was Christmas Eve, and they had improved the medicine to the point that there was an immediate pain killer added that worked until the cortisone kicked in. It stopped the pain IMMEDIATELY! Best Christmas present I got that year! It had been hard to sleep because my shoulder was throbbing like a toothache....then it was GONE! Magic! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My hips are sore, as usual.  My father has had both hips replaced.  I know I’m not too far off.

Im finally getting my left hip done in January. Outpatient surgery now. Crazy. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2019 at 12:45 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

ah-yes-this-is-adulting-jumps-off-cliff-photos-3.jpg

This is funny, but that happened to me over a year ago.

I woke up and my neck was really tight. I went to work and nothing was better. I went to the nurses station and they gave me a heating pad, but that did little.

A little while later, I was in so much pain, I could not turn my head. I left work and went to the ER, big mistake, they observed me, but didn't really do much of anything. Gave me some medication for the pain and they seemed to think it was not much of anything.

The next morning, my neck was worse. I had never been in so much pain like that before. Back to the ER, they admitted me, took things more seriously. Did an MRI, couldn't find anything,  they did very little to take the pain away.

The medication did very little to make me comfortable. I eventually went to a chiropractor, and unlike the ER people, he actually looked at my neck. He gave me some exercise methods to do and did some ultrasound therapy, but he admitted that there was little that could be done.

That the muscles in my neck were so raw that he did not want to adjust me. His exercises helped me, and in a day or two I was back to normal.

I never want to go through that again. I never even knew what I had. Muscle spasms?

48 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

This is funny, but that happened to me over a year ago.

I woke up and my neck was really tight. I went to work and nothing was better. I went to the nurses station and they gave me a heating pad, but that did little.

A little while later, I was in so much pain, I could not turn my head. I left work and went to the ER, big mistake, they observed me, but didn't really do much of anything. Gave me some medication for the pain and they seemed to think it was not much of anything.

The next morning, my neck was worse. I had never been in so much pain like that before. Back to the ER, they admitted me, took things more seriously. Did an MRI, couldn't find anything,  they did very little to take the pain away.

The medication did very little to make me comfortable. I eventually went to a chiropractor, and unlike the ER people, he actually looked at my neck. He gave me some exercise methods to do and did some ultrasound therapy, but he admitted that there was little that could be done.

That the muscles in my neck were so raw that he did not want to adjust me. His exercises helped me, and in a day or two I was back to normal.

I never want to go through that again. I never even knew what I had. Muscle spasms?

Sucks getting old doesn't it. I go to sleep feeling fine and wake up with any assortment of aches and pains.