Emmanuel Sanders to 49ers

boco357

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about upthread.

Is he really available?  How much would it take to get him?  Would his acquisition be that extra something that allows us to finally beat the New England Patriots in a playoff game?  

I am in favor of a "win now" strategy for this season.  Things are wide open, outside of NE, in the AFC at least.

If we could find a way to beat New England, as crazy as it sounds, this team could appear in the Super Bowl.

Somebody will greatly overpay to get Miller and we do not need to be a part of that.

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Green will not be worth what he will cost.  (largely because he can't stay healthy)

Seriously he's a ***** mystery this season.

Though I suppose we shouldn't forget that if they did trade for him he'd need to be approved after a physical.

Good move for SF.  They needed a WR but presumably didn't want to give up a top pick for Green.  We'll learn a lot about them as their schedule gets tougher over the next month or so, but right now they look not only like a legit SB contender, but also the type of team that can shut down NE.

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It is hip and cool to trade in the NFL again.  Only took several decades to get here.

Beane needs to be ready to make a move to improve the team quickly, as the season unfolds. 

The window for success this year has never been left more wide open.

I remember when there were literally no trades other than during the draft and it wasn't that long ago.

Edited by matter2003

12 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Sad thing is New England could easily win it without that trade.  That trade doesn’t move the needle for them either way.  

To quote Dennis Green:

"if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But, they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!"

You might be willing to concede the Super Bowl already, but I don't think the Bills are.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Good find/intel. Honestly, and I’m not killing the messenger here, but does this surprise anyone? They may think they are set. Especially considering they’ve struggled to find uses for Robert Foster. For the record, I didn’t want Sanders, so I’m not broken hearted over this. I’d much rather they add a pass rusher if they are going to unload precious draft picks. AJ Green would of course be the exception, but I don’t want another type of guy they already have who is old and on an expiring deal. While similar in age, AJ Green is far from what we already have, but I’d be shocked if it happened. Mike Brown is a stubborn old goat. 

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How about Julio Jones while we're pulling pretend trades out of our backsides?

I don’t know have you seen how well we’ve drafted the last few years?!? I’d rather keep the 7th round pick than trade it for Julio. I mean he’s old and too expensive. :)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ya, but with no third it was a second or no Sanu.  And well Brady has maybe 1, tops 2 years left so going get 7 let’s worry about draft picks later and stock up now. 

Yeah but you do that and once Tom does retire you're looking at some lean years for at least a little while. Then the question is whether Belichick wants to hang around for those years and if he doesn't then you're in some real trouble.