Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Makes me miss Bob Woods.

..remember when his Rams deal was thought to be exorbitant?......things changed "a bit(COUGH)"??.........

Robert Woods signed a 5 year, $34,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including $15,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,800,000. In 2019, Woods will earn a base salary of $6,000,000 and a roster bonus of $500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $8,177,504 and a dead cap value of $3,532,515.

• Like (+1) 2

Since when does a player miss the next game when he is in protocol? They used to hold them out of practice until Friday and play. Unless it was a severe concussion. 

I expect Josh to be starting this week. We can’t afford him to sit. Titans game have huge playoff implications, it’s a must win. 

Edited by Chill

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I think they come from the same place- not so much as stupid as being desperate to make something happen. He wanted that first down and got tunnel vision and didn't see the train. Hopefully he'll grow through that. 

I don't mind Josh using his skills to create some plays, and NE's "D" had given up quite a cushion underneath. BUT he absolutely has to have his head on a swivel and know there are players that are on the hunt for those hits.

Not only that, but if they lay that hit they apparently get off Scott free (if they are NE) and you are knocked out of the lineup.

Risk reward...

Edited by WideNine

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He will play Sunday. 

McD will always say he is in Protocol until he isn’t. They don’t comment on stages for all we know he is already on stage 3 today. 

i'm seriously trying to remember. can anyone name somebody, since the protocol got so strict, that has actually gotten a concussion on a sunday and been cleared to play the following sunday?... i really don't pay attention to it, but i cant think of an instance.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm seriously trying to remember. can anyone name somebody, since the protocol got so strict, that has actually gotten a concussion on a sunday and been cleared to play the following sunday?... i really don't pay attention to it, but i cant think of an instance.

yeah Cam Newton, Ben, QBs do it all the time interesting that the QB position can speed along. There also have been WRs and such let me go see if I can find a full list 

50 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Now we are blaming Beasley for the hit on JA? This is going to be a long week.

A lot of people have a lot to learn from that game. Let’s keep learning and continue making progress. This is one of those ugly bumps in the road, and we still could have won that game. In years past that game gets out of hand and ends more like 41-10. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Chill said:

Since when does a player miss the next game when he is in protocol? They used to hold them out of practice until Friday and play. Unless it was a severe concussion. 

I expect Josh to be starting this week. We can’t afford him to sit. Titans game have huge playoff implications, it’s a must win. 

I completely agree on the importance of this game. It will loom larger than the NE game in the Bills WC picture. As for the protocol, since it was implemented I believe the average amount of time a player stays in it is just under two weeks. That would mean Allen likely misses at least the TEN game. In the past , players went back 8nto the same game that they were injured in. Those days are gone. 

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, because Cole Beasley and blocking are two words that go together so well. 

that was all Allen. his head was up and saw it coming.

who would not expect him to go to ground?

Beasley does what he was hired to do. he is too small to block much of anything. just right to make a  cut and accelerate to get open.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

All the QBs