Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

We need to dump zay jones and sign a competent guy who will catch whatever is thrown at him, Maurice Harris is my choice. Unless a pass is firmly into zays gut he has no chance at catching it.

All in all I take this as a positive.  We can hang with the best team in the league. Kudos to the d.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cheatin' *****.  All I want is for us to injure Brady.  Badly.  Phantom holding call on Dawkins when Allen was cheapshotted.  CBS not replaying key plays all game long that could have favored the Bills.  Refs picking up Cheats facemask flags when the Bills are in the red zone.  Missing the facemask on JA.  I don't want to hear about dynasty.  It's only that way because the NFL wants it that way.  It's disgusting.

You find out a lot of players have the same agents, and if you take out the star, you cost them money.

The Patriot Way:

817153781.gif

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Why don't you go form the Josh Allen Fan Club and worship him there.

I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills and would like to see them have a good team again before I die.

You just saw Josh's ceiling today, even if you are too dumb to know it.

We need a better QB.

We'd have likely won the game if he hadn't been hit by that cheapshot. I mean we got the ball on the 40 yard line.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why don’t we just start a list of all the other players we could HAVE had? 

This get tired and pathetic. I just hope Josh gets well quickly. Cheap and intentional head shot.  He had a deer in the headlights half. Belichick does that to (still effectively) rookie QB’s. I was disappointed, but not shocked. He was letting it slow down a bit later, still a long way to go.

Cheap and intentional but offset by Holding? Guess Brady gets the call of holding both ways ie not them but all others

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

We shall see.  Give it 24 hours and sober up.

Dead sober and thinking clearly. 

Our D is real. 

Our O has some major problems.. and now Belichick has given the league the blueprint. If you think our O is good enough to be a viable playoff team, I don’t know what to say. Gonna need to see some changes... or maybe Singletary makes that much of a difference.  And as for Josh Allen.. he’s a turnover machine that can’t play 4 quarters of football in the NFL. He was the reason the Bills lost today. I’ve been a huge supporter.. but there’s not much hope left. 

3 minutes ago, Bills Oil Company said:

THIS!!!!!!

3rd string RB and 4th string TE had way too much negative impact on this game.     

Lee smith’s multiple gaffes today were inexplicable, but yeldon had some positive plays today i wouldn’t knock him too hard. And we have TWO healthy RBs right now, not like they have much of a choice

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It just sucks knowing there was an inexcusable blocked punt returned for a TD and then John Brown got tackled in the open field on the 1. We definitely could have and probably should have won this game. But as always when it’s against the patriots....we didn’t.

I was screaming, SCREAMING for Brown to get in the EZ.  Getting close on a big play but not getting over the goal line seems to always subsequently kill the Bills in crucial situations

Hate to say it but it might be time to move on from Allen. This team is really good and Barkley can at least get us to the playoffs. 

Josh has had two off seasons, two training camps, two preseasons, and 16 games. He’s been erratic at best but today was the first time I started to question his mental toughness. This game reminded me of the Peterman five picks game in that Josh got so far into his own head that he couldn’t execute the most basic tasks required by an NFL QB. You have to be able to move on to the next play. So much of what happened today he did to himself, and that’s the worst part of it.

Edited by VW82
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Unless you’re so drunk you can’t physically see, what he said is accurate. The offense is pathetic, particularly the passing offense. A pristine scripted drive out of half time and and inspiring performance by gore aside, the offense is a complete mess and it starts with unforced errors by the QB.

The start was atrocious, for sure. Did you not notice when things started to settle down a little bit? Did you see Josh go 6-6 on a TD drive? The first given up by the Pats all year. There were signs of hope, even in this moment of despair. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

Well, I am proud of the way our defense played today. They look like one of the better defenses in the NFL. This was obviously a legit opponent and this defense kept buffalo in this game all day. Even despite all of the awful situations they were put in. 

Brady didn’t look dangerous at all today. I always say when we play the Pats, “don’t make mistakes. They don’t need the Bills help to beat them” But today, They actually NEEDED the Bills help (and a bit from the refs) to win. 

Which brings me to the Offense... it is still a huge work in progress. As is Allen. Hopefully they get better as the year goes on. With an average offense and less mistakes, I think the Bills win today. 

Ill tell you what though, even though we lost, this defense has me feeling pretty good right now. They looked unreal and could be something special. 

If our offense can grow as the season goes on (there are a lot of new faces still) the Bills could actually potentially beat the patriots in their next matchup. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

It's a shame we didn't get to see Allen try to win the game in the 4th. I hope he's back next week. The next game he plays in will be a huge test for his resilience. He can't let one awful game shellshock him for the rest of the season.

At some point soon though, he needs to grown up.  He has men depending on him for their livelihoods and he is making the same mistakes over and over again - and it’s mental, not physical.  And it’s not from a lack of smarts like it was for Losman.  He’s super immature.

Just now, Iverwig said:

Lee Smith deserves some blame today. 4 penalties by 1 player who is a veteran is crazy. It was like he was trying to throw the game. 

sorry but I'd cut him  To not know the snap count with no crowd noise at home multiple times is inexcusable  Bills have a lot of dead weight  Start looking for better players. 

• Like (+1) 2