We’re on to New England ...

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

The Bills will have to play mistake free to beat the Patriots. Going to have to start strong and keep thier foot on the gas. 

The Bills beat the Jets in a comeback victory. The Patriots stomped the Jets. The Bills are good but the Patriots are better. 

Technically the Bengals win was a comeback victory too (against another winless team).

And we let the Giants back in the game by not doing anything on offense from halfway through the 2nd quarter until 5 mins left in the 4th quarter. 

Even with all the turnovers Allen has had, he could have had a lot more, but we've gotten some lucky breaks with DBs dropping the ball. The Pats will absolutely punish us where these other teams have not. 

Brady is 30-2 against the Bills when he has started & finished the game, and in those 2 wins, we've played as mistake free as possible against them, and both were played in Buffalo. We can do it again as long as we don't play like we have the last 3 weeks.

Edited by BigDingus

6 hours ago, eanyills said:

The Patriots offense has been streaky so far, going in spurts of total efficiency followed by absolute sputtering for a quarter at a time. Edelman is hurt. Michel and the running game hasn’t been that impressive. Josh Gordon has looked impressive, though, both with and without the ball. I’m interested to see Tre and Gordon match up.

I think this game comes down to:

a) Will JA play a consistent game free of hero ball mistakes? Will he finally connect on one of those deep overthrows?

b) Playcalling/execution can’t go into their third quarter disappearing act.

c) Does Edelman play? 

I want Edelman to play so we can break that little ***** in half.

I've already been assuming this is a loss for months now, so anything that even looks like competitive football will be a bonus to me.

Hard to accept, but the Pats are really good this year. Their defense is the real deal. And they always make it work on offense no matter who they are missing.

6 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

The Pats are decisively beating teams they should beat. The Bills have won 3 games against 3 bad teams as well, thing is they were not decisive wins. Stop blaming the media.

Check the stats...Buffalo's offense is on point with NE in nearly every category except for points scored. 

They played a injury riddled Jets team with zero offense and multiple studs on defense hurt. 

They beat up a Miami team that everyone and their brother is throwing up 30+ on. 

The only credible win they had is week one, and im not even sure its that credible after watching the Steelers getting smacked around by everyone. 

The Bengals have a much more potent offense than NE. 

The Pats are good, but so are we. 

Ball security is going to determine the outcome of this game. 

I'm somewhat glad we got our home opener over with and escaped with a win.  Now we can settle in and give the Patriots our best shot.  The Pats offense isn't invincible if we can find a way to get pressure on Brady with our front four as their o-line is pry their biggest area of weakness.  We'll need a bunch of breaks to go our way and for Allen to play at the top of his game to have any shot.  If we win it will be something like 17-14.

At least we're not going into the game at 2-5 with Derrick Anderson as our starter on MNF.

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. I expect at least a 2 TD defeat. Flame away.

It's not like I won't be excited. It's not like I don't love this particular team, I do. 

But this team is not a Patriots-level team. If they go to sleep for 20 minutes like they have the last two games, the Pats will score 28 points just in that span. And it will take a lot more during the other 40 minutes to just keep level with them. This Bills team is much improved but they are not to the level where I expect them to compete with the elite. I see them as right at the boundary of the 6th playoff team at best. 7-9 to 9-7. And I LOVE where they are headed. 

Barring a Pats implosion, I don't see this game being close. 

What I really like is saying the next sentence. The other way they can win is if Josh has 4 complete quarters of football. He has the ability to win this game. It's not there consistently enough yet to think we will see it on Sunday but it's possible, and I've not felt like that about a QB in forever. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Check the stats...Buffalo's offense is on point with NE in nearly every category except for points scored. 

They played a injury riddled Jets team with zero offense and multiple studs on defense hurt. 

They beat up a Miami team that everyone and their brother is throwing up 30+ on. 

The only credible win they had is week one, and im not even sure its that credible after watching the Steelers getting smacked around by everyone. 

The Bengals have a much more potent offense than NE. 

The Pats are good, but so are we. 

Ball security is going to determine the outcome of this game. 

Where your comparisons stop is at coaching. I like what this staff has done minus the way too soon conservative approach, but they're no where near what the Pats have right now. I don't see them having execution issues

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Was he ever not?

He’ll always be my special villain. 

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

It's not like I won't be excited. It's not like I don't love this particular team, I do. 

But this team is not a Patriots-level team. If they go to sleep for 20 minutes like they have the last two games, the Pats will score 28 points just in that span. And it will take a lot more during the other 40 minutes to just keep level with them. This Bills team is much improved but they are not to the level where I expect them to compete with the elite. I see them as right at the boundary of the 6th playoff team at best. 7-9 to 9-7. And I LOVE where they are headed. 

Barring a Pats implosion, I don't see this game being close. 

What I really like is saying the next sentence. The other way they can win is if Josh has 4 complete quarters of football. He has the ability to win this game. It's not there consistently enough yet to think we will see it on Sunday but it's possible, and I've not felt like that about a QB in forever. 

I agree with everything in this post. 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I've already been assuming this is a loss for months now, so anything that even looks like competitive football will be a bonus to me.

Hard to accept, but the Pats are really good this year. Their defense is the real deal. And they always make it work on offense no matter who they are missing.

They played Pittsburgh, Miami, and the Jets.  Lets see how good their D is when they get some real competition.

I'm excited, this is basically a gut check mid term for where we really sit as far as the rebuild.  Allen is going to have to hit on some big plays  I just dont see long sustained drives in this game.  Josh needs to give his guys a chance when he throws the long ball  Pass interference is just as good as a catch throwing deep downfield.  Would be great if Devin can play.  If the D line can keep their running game in check I think we have a chance. 

3 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

I'm excited, this is basically a gut check mid term for where we really sit as far as the rebuild.  Allen is going to have to hit on some big plays  I just dont see long sustained drives in this game.  Josh needs to give his guys a chance when he throws the long ball  Pass interference is just as good as a catch throwing deep downfield.  Would be great if Devin can play.  If the D line can keep their running game in check I think we have a chance. 

All this team has done thus far this year is LONG, SUSTAINED, DRIVES.   

Look at the game logs ffs. 

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

All this team has done thus far this year is LONG, SUSTAINED, DRIVES.   

Look at the game logs ffs. 

sure but not against the Patriots  I would not bank my game plan on doing 80 yard marches against their defense  Need some big chunk plays and better starting field position to give the offense a realistic chance

This game to me is an instant loss. The bills are just not good enough to beat the Patriots yet. The mistakes Allen makes, and some of the bad drives the bills have, the Patriots will absolutely expose. I hope I'm wrong, but I dont see anyway the bills win this week

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

sure but not against the Patriots  I would not bank my game plan on doing 80 yard marches against their defense  Need some big chunk plays and better starting field position to give the offense a realistic chance

? That is what an offense is supposed to do and its what we've done every game since the first snap of the season. 

The pats defense is OVERRATED. 

I think a few people really need to slow down on how good they think the Bills offense is.    They may be 6th is yards per game, but they are 18th in points per game.   You can rack up all the yards you want but if you dont score touchdowns it doesnt matter.  

The quarterback is on pace for 16 tds and 16 ints.   That puts him in the same category with names like Bortles, Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Keenum, Mariota, Osweiler, Flacco and rookie Darnold and Wentz.  Maybe he ends up great but I still see a not ready for prime time player.   I have no expectations for this game.   I am looking ahead to the next one, a lot like a lot of fans were doing last week.   Maybe we can break the noise record this week too?

19 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

That Antonio Brown situation is a wicked pissah....ROFL

Belichick is going to inflate Edelpunk with HGH so he plays next week, and of course will get away with it

Of course the Pats*** OLine will hold our DLine 99% of the game, and get away with it

Questions:  How much does Kraft pay the refs each game?  What if his checks don't clear?

Well, it appears that you were wrong on every account... Shocking!

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

At least two of those statements are entirely correct ( 2 and 3). 

Let's examine... 

Trippin' Tomlin enabled and made excuses for AB. Trip created this fool. The ONLY thing he did in NE was send a text. BB released his butt. All the crap he pulled in Pittsburgh and Oakland, but NE cut him over a single text. The Brown reference is wrong.

Edelman has had 50? 60? PED tests. Failed once. Not a juicer. 2nd false statement.

Every team complains about holding on every play. NE defensive players get held on every play too. Complaints about holding is the mark of someone who is either a football novice or a bandwagon fan. BTW did you read one of the several articles that explained why holding calls were way down this week? Probably not... So, wrong again...

Finally, your last point would be proven silly with dozens of examples and hundreds of pages of typing. I have a day job, so...

Fans don't argue these points because they're relevant to every team. 

6 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Let's examine... 

Trippin' Tomlin enabled and made excuses for AB. Trip created this fool. The ONLY thing he did in NE was send a text. BB released his butt. All the crap he pulled in Pittsburgh and Oakland, but NE cut him over a single text. The Brown reference is wrong.

Edelman has had 50? 60? PED tests. Failed once. Not a juicer. 2nd false statement.

Every team complains about holding on every play. NE defensive players get held on every play too. Complaints about holding is the mark of someone who is either a football novice or a bandwagon fan. BTW did you read one of the several articles that explained why holding calls were way down this week? Probably not... So, wrong again...

Finally, your last point would be proven silly with dozens of examples and hundreds of pages of typing. I have a day job, so...

Fans don't argue these points because they're relevant to every team. 

wambulance-gif-5.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, you really got me giphy.gif?cid=790b76110f81f17742809ea839

Look dude, I love the fun banter of fans back and forth. It's lots of fun. But seriously, someone literally made a list of why NE would win or someone would lose. I forget now...That was the whining.

Seriously, this will be the biggest test for both teams so far. NE's D has given up a total of 6 points in the last 4 games. The Bills are 3-0 and Allen looks like he's learned to pass the ball. Great test for both teams! I'm anxious to feel the stress!