Top 5 ol as of today, Kroft running routes & Kyle is coaching up the DL

Reed83HOF

24 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I think Kyle just wants to watch the game with his family on Sundays. He probably is comfortable knowing he can do whatever he wants, he has earned it. The doors at OBD are always open to him and he seems to embrace it.

I just thought home was still in Louisiana. He's spending a lot of time here. Not that I mind. I hope his family likes it here.

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Love that Kyle has given up his time to still be part of this years squad. I don’t think we’ll see another Bill as committed to the franchise as him for a long, long time. What a legend!

He has options.  As much golf, kids, and media he may want to do, I don't know if he can stay away.  I could see him becoming a member of the staff sooner rather than later.

5 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i don't buy that saving nseke for the swing t.  i'd much rather move ford to guard. if nseke gets hurt, slide cody over.

Same. This feels a little bit forced. I think they projected Ford at RT and are hellbent on making that work. If he struggles, Nike will be in there pretty quickly and Ford will switch over to G. Wouldn't be SHOCKED to see that happen mid-game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

For a guy who's retired he still spends a lot of time at OBD. Bet he'll be named to the coaching staff by year's end.

Maybe Kyle is having a problem letting go. It seems like he has been here forever, through thick and thin and reality hasnt set in yet. If he can't play anymore, he can at least keep the bond with the team and help out. I say hire him in some capacity and keep him connected.

• Like (+1) 1

It could be that Nseke isn't fully healthy yet. But I think the way the O-line stands is actually all about Feliciano.

Ford was going to play one of the two spots (RG or RT), so it really came down to is Felciano/Ford a better combo than Ford/Nseke. The staff absolutely loves Feliciano. He plays with a mean streak (as does Ford). And I think they just wanted him on the field, so you put Ford at RT. Having two nasty finishers on the right side appears to be the best option at the moment (barring further evidence). We should be able to run running plays to either side with confidence this year. That is a huge step up from last year.

• Like (+1) 5

15 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Love that Kyle has given up his time to still be part of this years squad. I don’t think we’ll see another Bill as committed to the franchise as him for a long, long time. What a legend!

Jim Kelly?

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So did most of the onrushing defenders.

As for Ms. Glab’s tweet - ‘screaming’?  Not yelling, roaring, bellowing?  ?

Yes. Was he screaming like a girl? Was it a "I just bent back my nail" scream? Please, more details!

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

For a guy who's retired he still spends a lot of time at OBD. Bet he'll be named to the coaching staff by year's end.

Not sure he wants the full time grind of coaching. I think, for now, this suits Kyle better. Splitting his time between Buffalo and Louisiana between his family and his football family. I wonder where the kids are due to go to school this fall? The great thing for Kyle is that under this regime I think the door is open for him to do that because of the mutual trust and respect there is between he and McDermott and Beane. Maybe in a couple of years time when his kids are a little older Kyle will want to commit himself to coaching. But that is a 24/7 job basically 11 months out of 12. I don't blame him for wanting to enjoy some years with his family taking priority.

10 hours ago, PJBrown7 said:

Brandon Beane said that Ford would play both positions likely this year. I’m wondering if they’re putting him on tackle for this week because the Jets interior DT’s are stout? Maybe push him back inside next week? Just a thought. Can’t wait till Sunday!

What he actually said is "We drafted him to play right tackle. That is where we see him starting for us."

I don't think the Bills have moved one iota from that stance. Cody Ford is here to be the right tackle of the Buffalo Bills for the next decade unless he shows that he can't do that in which case they will slide him inside.

• Like (+1) 1

Nsekhe may still be banged up.   Possibly if fully healthy it would have been Ford and  Nsekhe.  With injuries, say to Dawkins, they could  move guys around Nsekhe moving to LT, Ford to RT, maybe they dont want to plan to have one guy go down so three changes are needed, who knows.  I would not assume anything is set in stone right now though.

17 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i don't buy that saving nseke for the swing t.  i'd much rather move ford to guard. if nseke gets hurt, slide cody over.

I hear you, but I disagree. RT is a more premium position. We spent a 2nd round pick on Cody Ford. I want to be absolutely sure that my young draft pick can't play right tackle before I settle him at guard for the rest of his career.

I get the feeling it will work itself out naturally, any way. The two "weakest" looking parts of our o-line right now are Feliciano at RG and Ford at RT. If that proves to be the case on the field, they'll quickly move Ford to RG and Nsekhe to RT and all will be right with the world....unless a tackle gets hurt, then suddenly Connor McDermott is in the lineup.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

There's a great article over at The Athletic about the state of the Bills' OL.  It was a real eye-opener to read the current status of players the Bills opened with in 2018 on their OL.  I think most of them are currently unsigned.

It's literally night and day going into this season.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1