This is a serious question is Brandon Beane a GOD

46 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I read it all, and I read it twice. Another factor that created the bitterness between the two was the command by Wilson to Phillips to start Johnson - who went on to perform terribly against TN in a game the Bills should have won going away. That, I suspect, was the straw that broke the proberbial camel’s back for both Butler AND AJ Smith. That decision was all Wilson.

That was a bad move by Ralph.  But if you go back and watch that game Johnson didn’t play that bad.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:52 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Very true wrt the bold. But funny that neither Whaley nor Beane were given the chance to hire "their coach". With Beane that seems to be ok since it was the coach that picked him, so there is at least some expectance of synergy. But Whaley was never given the chance to be a full GM. He was never given a chance to learn and grow as a 1st time GM, and get a second crack at finding a QB, like so many other GMs around the league have been given.

This is all part of the ongoing cycle of futility at One Bills Drive.

If Beane shows he can build a roster as well as Whaley did, then by all means he should be retained and given an opportunity to find another QB if Allen doesnt work out. Blowing up the whole thing based on not immediately finding the hardest position to fill in possibly all professional sports is just keeping this team bogged down.

Jury is still out, but in general I would lean towards giving him the benefit of the doubt and giving him a 2nd chance (if needed). Otherwise, we have to clean house, rebuild the ENTIRE roster as new GMs want to do AND find a new QB on top of it. It's much easier to keep your existing roster and maintain it, while taking more shots at QB.

All reports indicated that Whaley wanted Watson. And whether we went Watson or Mahomes, it's been shown that either were a good pick.

Now, whether our coaching staff could develop Watson or Mahomes like Offensive gurus O'Brien and Reid is the main question. (Spoiler Alert: they cant)

The talent was there, the team WAS close to being a contender. That 2014 team that went 9-7, beat the Packers and almost beat the Broncos in Denver was so close.

Lack of QB, poor Offensive coaching (Marrone destroying the OL and Hackett being horrible), and constant turnover at DC, is what sunk those teams.

The only part of that on Whaley is the QB, and he should have been given another chance to find one if this were a competently managed franchise.

doug-whaley.jpg

"Right on!"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I read it all, and I read it twice. Another factor that created the bitterness between the two was the command by Wilson to Phillips to start Johnson - who went on to perform terribly against TN in a game the Bills should have won going away. That, I suspect, was the straw that broke the proberbial camel’s back for both Butler AND AJ Smith. That decision was all Wilson.

Well that's total BS so who knows if anything else stated is true?  Johnson played decent and left the field with the team ahead.  Flutie did not have a good season that year at all, they won in spite of him, not becasue of him.  The first year he was here and started, he played great.  But after about 10 to 12 games defenses figured him out and the 2nd year, he was OK, but nothing special. 

I'll grant you he was very good at one thing, deflecting blame.  When ever he was questioned about anything in post game press conference about his performance, he'd turn the question around to something else.  Great way to push the blame elsewhere without ever being accused of pointing fingers.

On 8/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, Big Blitz said:

Umm

Maybe with Shady.... Duke has been here 8 months and wasn't guaranteed a thing.  Neither was Shady for that matter.  

Beane's public statement about Shady all year has been "He's our Guy"I now find that to be very deceptive to fans and player.Shady didn't have clue what was coming down the pike,as he told a friend of mine at canalside after taking a picture with him that we're definitely making the playoffs.

Beane did the same thing speaking about Duke Williams on a television broadcast thurday.

I found Beane to be a smart GM with character and sincerity in the process.

So my opinion of him now is...he has a little snake in him! 

2 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

Beane's public statement about Shady all year has been "He's our Guy"I now find that to be very deceptive to fans and player.Shady didn't have clue what was coming down the pike,as he told a friend of mine at canalside after taking a picture with him that we're definitely making the playoffs.

Beane did the same thing speaking about Duke Williams on a television broadcast thurday.

OMG! Are you telling me that when GMs and coaches say stuff they aren't telling your exactly what they plan on doing? I thought that was in the NFL bylaws!

23 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

If McCoy didn't see this coming, then he's a moron.  And I don't think McCoy is a moron.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

A "God" seriously. Isn't Beane just doing the things he is supposed to be doing. He is a little shrewd and makes some moves...but let the Bills get in the playoffs first.

Yeah, kinda crazy calling him a God because he was able to get a few late round picks for guys they may have otherwise cut. (Guys who fans felt were horrible, but the 'God' thought highly enough of to bring in as starters)

He didn't rob teams like other teams did to the Texans this weekend, and he didn't make the team any better this year with those moves (but he didn't really make them any worse either....)

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If McCoy didn't see this coming, then he's a moron.  And I don't think McCoy is a moron.

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

As I stated,Shady didn't see it coming!

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yeah, kinda crazy calling him a God because he was able to get a few late round picks for guys they may have otherwise cut. (Guys who fans felt were horrible, but the 'God' thought highly enough of to bring in as starters)

He didn't rob teams like other teams did to the Texans this weekend, and he didn't make the team any better this year with those moves (but he didn't really make them any worse either....)

Ok...if thats your definition of God Like. When the results are in let me know.

2 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

I was fooled too.  But being a GM is a poker game.  Gettlemen said that the Giants were not drafting a QB with their 1 pick this year-then they shock the world and select Daniel Jones.   There is always misinformation being put out by GMs.

Edited by Pete

2 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

Lol no one cares what you say.

9 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

He was demoted after not getting a pick for Shady.

If Shady had the market value to be worth a trade, then he wouldn't have had to take a pay cut after hitting the open market (let alone a large one like he did). The evidence is there in retrospect that Beane couldn't have done better.