This is a serious question is Brandon Beane a GOD

29 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Based on what?  do we have a top 75 player on this roster?  Bunch of average players at almost all the skilled positions

What does that tell you?  caveman football does not win in this league.

You're right, everyone talks how great they are.  Based on what?  the roster is filled with medicore players up and down,  no game changing players on this team. 

What exactly is caveman football?

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so next up chime in with your woody about drafting Allen.....get some NEW 'effin material because your shtick is woefully stale.....SMH.....

Settle down old time and have drink some Ovalatine.   It was a joke. I’m sorry some of us have expectations.  I would like to have a team that didn’t have a negative point differential before I anoint the someone as a God. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Settle down old time and have drink some Ovalatine.   It was a joke. I’m sorry some of us have expectations.  I would like to have a team that didn’t have a negative point differential before I anoint the someone as a God. 

....I AM settled and sipping the nectar of the Gods, namely Blanton's bourbon, to assist me in digesting some of your posts.....ANY chance your "Allen Woody" EVER goes way or will you ALWAYS be susceptible to painful "splinters"?...just askin'....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No.  But he is proving to be a very good General Manager.

There were many different reasons that our previous GMs failed.  Some were good drafters, but couldn't manage the cap.  Some were great in Free Agency, but constantly picked busts on draft day.  Some lacked forward thinking when building the roster.  Some just couldn't get on the same page as their head coach.  But Beane seems to be the complete package.

In order to be successful at trading, a person needs to:

a)  Know the strengths and weaknesses of not just his own roster, but the other teams in the NFL.

b)  Develop strong relationships around the league, and be willing to work the phones.

c)  Be clever enough to sell another front office on a deal.

Let's be honest.  Not every GM has these qualities.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....I AM settled and sipping the nectar of the Gods, namely Blanton's bourbon, to assist me in digesting some of your posts.....ANY chance your "Allen Woody" EVER goes way or will you ALWAYS be susceptible to painful "splinters"?...just askin'....:thumbsup:

Won’t an Allen woody mean I love the guy?  I think I’ve been pretty clear on my feelings on him.  I just hate the QB who gets drafted that high based more on physical tools than actual production.  I think it’s insanely risky.  Anyone I know who has met him said he’s a really good dude so I hope he is finally the answer.  But I’m going to wait before I say he is with a 67 qb rating.  I guess I’m just crazy!

ive gone on too many first dates where you think they are something special and then they tell you they aren’t actually divorced and live in the house with their “ex” but it’s cool (true story and she dated a  Bill FYI).  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

No.  But he is proving to be a very good General Manager.

There were many different reasons that our previous GMs failed.  Some were good drafters, but couldn't manage the cap.  Some were great in Free Agency, but constantly picked busts on draft day.  Some lacked forward thinking when building the roster.  Some just couldn't get on the same page as their head coach.  But Beane seems to be the complete package.

In order to be successful at trading, a person needs to:

a)  Know the strengths and weaknesses of not just his own roster, but the other teams in the NFL.

b)  Develop strong relationships around the league, and be willing to work the phones.

c)  Be clever enough to sell another front office on a deal.

Let's be honest.  Not every GM has these qualities.

He has the same record as Whaley after 2 years. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, bilzfancy said:

Who's drafts were better? Who's free agent signings were better? Who's trades were better?

Really early to do this.  I think McCoy for Kiko and Hughes for Sheppard are better trades than anything Beane has done.  

We need to wait on draft picks obviously but there are a bunch of Whaley guys starting in good teams.  And I’m not even knocking Beane.  I think minus qb, Whaley built some super talented teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Physician heal thyself. You’re out of control. again..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Won’t an Allen woody mean I love the guy?  I think I’ve been pretty clear on my feelings on him.  I just hate the QB who gets drafted that high based more on physical tools than actual production.  I think it’s insanely risky.  Anyone I know who has met him said he’s a really good dude so I hope he is finally the answer.  But I’m going to wait before I say he is with a 67 qb rating.  I guess I’m just crazy!

ive gone on too many first dates where you think they are something special and then they tell you they aren’t actually divorced and live in the house with their “ex” but it’s cool (true story and she dated a  Bill FYI).  

..not unless you're a masochist who loves "wood splinters" as a pain inducer.......hell even GUAM residents know Allen will NEVER make your "Christmas List", right??.................