This is a serious question is Brandon Beane a GOD

30 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Who's drafts were better? Who's free agent signings were better? Who's trades were better?

well it was "Whaley's team" that got to the playoffs, so I guess time will tell. as it stands right now, same record, but the Whaley/Rex roster (sans Rex's coaching) got the playoff appearance.

Beane has shown more finesse, that's for sure, but he also garners more fan support.

3 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

Nah, remember when he quit, he left the team in salary cap hell

Not to speak ill of the dead, but I think he essentially realized his cap management was a giant poop grenade and he made sure he cleared the area before it exploded.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

In the very limited time Beane has been here......kinda hard to ignore the productivity

IT IS NOT HIS JOB TO WIN GAMES

His job is to put talent on the team so that we can win games.......

He has done that

And fairly quickly to given the fact that we have biult this team from the ground up in a full blown rebiuld.

Cap under control

Talent gotten

Beane wizard.....but is he Gandolph the Grey or Gandolph the White?

I'm sure Beane's thinking first thing in the morning and before he goes to bed how glad he is that it's McD's job to win the games, not him.  

John, I thought you jumped the shark years ago...little did I know it was only the approach to bigger and weirder takes.  

Edited by BillsVet

9 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I'm sure Beane's thinking first thing in the morning and before he goes to bed how glad it's McD's job to win the games, not him.  

John, I thought you jumped the shark years ago...little did I know it was only the approach to bigger and weirder takes.  

Just tell me what more Beane can do in the performance of his duties.

I will wait

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just tell me what more Beane can do in the performance of his duties.

I will wait

If his duties are completely exclusive of winning games, what then does he do?  Make coffee for Kim and Terry?  Set up the draft board for McCoach? Teach personnel assistants how to write scouting reports?  

I think you waited about 3 minutes BTW.  (EDIT: Sorry, 7 minutes) :)

Edited by BillsVet

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So you're saying its possible?  Because neither did Beane.

He shows up 10 days after the draft and had no input on it ? 

Sure.    That’s believable 

IIRC whales wanted Trubisky/Mahomes and that didn’t happen.   

Edited by Teddy KGB

12 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

If his duties are completely exclusive of winning games, what then does he do?  Make coffee for Kim and Terry?  Set up the draft board for McCoach? Teach personnel assistants how to write scouting reports?  

I think you waited about 3 minutes BTW.  (EDIT: Sorry, 7 minutes) :)

McBeane's job is to stock this team with talent.....he did his job as far  as going towards winning.

I dont know any other way to put this.   We now move onto the next phase.....coach and players have to do their part.

You guys need to relax. 

Never forget that Beane traded a 3rd +7th for Kelvin Benjamin. 

Beane's legacy will largely be determined by how Allen turns out. If he turns into the franchise QB that we all hope, then great. If he flounders and fails....

We also need to wait to see how he's done with his big FA signings (morse, brown, beasley). I'm not terribly impressed by Lotulelei and Murphy from his first year. 

Trading mediocre depth players for late round picks is great and all, but  doesn't move the needle very much. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

In the very limited time Beane has been here......kinda hard to ignore the productivity

IT IS NOT HIS JOB TO WIN GAMES

His job is to put talent on the team so that we can win games.......

He has done that

And fairly quickly to given the fact that we have biult this team from the ground up in a full blown rebiuld.

Cap under control

Talent gotten

Beane wizard.....but is he Gandolph the Grey or Gandolph the White?

The Grey presently,  the white if we get in the playoffs, Super bowl, and he rides off with the elves....

Go Bills!!!

33 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He shows up 10 days after the draft and had no input on it ? 

Sure.    That’s believable 

IIRC whales wanted Trubisky/Mahomes and that didn’t happen.   

Whaley wanted Watson or Mahomes. Too bad too, because much like Ozzie Newsome, he would have hit on his 2nd QB pick with either of those guys.

I dont know what to say about Beane and the 2017 draft. If everyone is as professional as they say, he should have had zero say. He hadnt even interviewed with the Bills yet, nor talked about an offer, so to influence another teams draft when you currently have a job seems highly unlikely. Mayyybe he and McD could have chatted and he couldve said "Well, if it were up to me, I suggest trading down and acquiring picks for next year and here are a few guys I kinda like". However, Tre White, Jones, and Milano are all standard, classic Whaley-type guys. Good corner, shaky WR, good late round LB find. Classic Whales.

Tough to say.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

McBeane's job is to stock this team with talent.....he did his job as far  as going towards winning.

I dont know any other way to put this.   We now move onto the next phase.....coach and players have to do their part.

I understand that as both the GM and HC contribute to organizational success in different ways. If Beane is not a part of the success, as with any GM, he will be held accountable.  And if he is not building the roster, he could be let go, as Dave Gettleman was in Carolina, before the HC was.