Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Not Bills Camp Related HOWEVER First Season Ending Injury happens to Giants

Is that the guy that was briefly here last preseason? He really can't catch a break.

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Is that the guy that briefly here last preseason? He really can't catch a break.

Yeah, we traded a 7th for him and he had a cup of coffee with us before getting cut. He actually might have had a chance in NY, but that injury could be the end of his short career. Poor guy. 

Edited by whatdrought

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Nah, I'd like to see six or seven mop-up appearances late in 4th quarters this year...

You're excited by the possibility of seeing Matt Barkley hand the ball off?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:
Beasley is one of those receivers that thinks/says he is open every single play and constantly lobbies the QB. That is not necessarily a bad thing at all in a WR but it needs to be tempered at times, and not everyone can do that. It's amazing how often that happens though in NFL.

If he's putting in extra work with Allen at TC, that's just fine.  Those crossing routes were one of Allen's weak points last year, though sometimes I couldn't tell if it was because the routes weren't getting run correctly to a consistent spot, or Allen wasn't placing/timing the throws right.   Giving him a WR who really knows how to run them to take that out of the equation was 100% correct.

All good WR think they are open and should get the ball on every single play.  It's something good NFL QBs need to learn how to manage, and I have faith that Allen has the right coaching and mentoring to help him if need be.  Ultimately Allen will follow the game plan Daboll wants, and not the game plan Beasley lobbies for.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If he's putting in extra work with Allen at TC, that's just fine.  Those crossing routes were one of Allen's weak points last year, though sometimes I couldn't tell if it was because the routes weren't getting run correctly to a consistent spot, or Allen wasn't placing/timing the throws right.   Giving him a WR who really knows how to run them to take that out of the equation was 100% correct.

All good WR think they are open and should get the ball on every single play.  It's something good NFL QBs need to learn how to manage, and I have faith that Allen has the right coaching and mentoring to help him if need be.  Ultimately Allen will follow the game plan Daboll wants, and not the game plan Beasley lobbies for.

Totally agree with all of that. My point is that you are likely going to see Beasley standing by Josh all season long and part of that is him lobbying for the ball.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Totally agree with all of that. My point is that you are likely going to see Beasley standing by Josh all season long and part of that is him lobbying for the ball.

My point is that if it gets out of hand, I think someone will hand Josh a clue and say "yeah, you gotta be studying the stills and pumping up the other guys not just Beasley"

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Maybe Foster should do this more, maybe he would line up in the right spot and Not need Josh to call him out as well for walking

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

So.....Tyrod? 

Yeah pretty much. I like my qb to be a gunslinger. Not too reckless though. I imagine it must be hard for josh to find that balance, which is what hes trying to do right now

Edited by BillsSbSoon

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Hmmm with Giants down two WRs now and we have a Stable of them maybe we will be selling our WRs that wont make the cut.

More likely they will wait for cuts. Of course downside is no camp for new WRs.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

More likely they will wait for cuts.

They need players right now though. The massive cut happens a week before the season starts. That would really put them at a disadvantage.

Granted, stuff happens like Allan Hurns being cut out of nowhere at any time. If this happened a couple days ago he probably signs with the Giants instead of the Fins.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's not really a surprise to be honest. 

Historically, just about all these guys have issues with dropping passes outside of Beasley. 

There's our boy!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

More likely they will wait for cuts. Of course downside is no camp for new WRs.

But these days, there is no intermediate cut-down.  It goes from 90 to 53, and not until just before the season.

So practically speaking, if you need WR partway through camp, you gotta pick up the phone.

Love Taron Johnson, glad he’s flashing early in camp, dude played hurt much of last year before being shut down yet played really well,  can’t wait to see more of him. 

Edited by bouds
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm just going to take the time right here to remind everyone that Patrick Mahomes threw a ton of picks during his 2nd TC with the Chiefs last summer.  It's not necessarily a bad thing if Josh has some bad reps -- this is supposed to be a very good Buffalo defense.

You learning from mistakes, so he might as well make them now. 

42 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:
Beasley is one of those receivers that thinks/says he is open every single play and constantly lobbies the QB. That is not necessarily a bad thing at all in a WR but it needs to be tempered at times, and not everyone can do that. It's amazing how often that happens though in NFL.

Beasley is also really good at running option routes and it is imperative that he and the QB see things the same way.  

I think Beasley is probably truly open on every play, but at specific times like right out of a break and it takes a lot of communication to ensure they see each other and can get into the right throw.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's not really a surprise to be honest. 

Historically, just about all these guys have issues with dropping passes outside of Beasley. 

Where was your hot take positivity when Josh was completing 72% yesterday? Just curious :)

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1