Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Dating Owner Daughter Perks for Croom

Man, Erik, don't just tell us, show!

I could be wrong, but I don't think "dating Peg's daughter" is gonna keep Croom on the team if he isn't 1) available 2) clearly better than the alternatives

I mean, c'mon, Pegs can find some employment position for Croom somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chand, I saw a loss of speed also, so I see your point.  That would be the 15% I estimate.  But how often did you see him have space to employ that "quick dart"?  The OL blocking was so bad last year, I had to watch some plays multiple times and sometimes 'yelp for help' watching coach's film, to try to figure out what the play was supposed to be.  OK maybe it's 20 or 25%, but I still think "not all his fault" is way more finger-pointy at McCoy than I assess.  

Unless they were wanting and expecting him to be an Ivory-like "hit where the hole is supposed to be and take 3 guys with you for 3 yards" back.  He has NEVER been that, and never done that.  You don't expect a greyhound to perform like a pitbull, not if you're "dog smart".  You don't expect McCoy to perform like an Ivory or an Elliot, not if you're "football smart"

I can't find that stat, it was a guy who tweeted it.  It was one of those next gen stats.  The stat was how many yards before first contact with a RB.

I believe McCoy was something around 2.0 yards or something like that which was one, if not worst in the league.  Basically within 2 yards of getting the ball, he's avoiding defenders basically immediately.  I think Zeke in Dallas was like 3.4 yards before first contact.

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was about 6 years old when the drop happened.

Harmon blamed Kelly?

He said the pass could have been better. Sealed his fate with that. Additionally, he was involved in a scandal regarding taking payments from his agents before he graduated and these were the same agents who were target of federal investigation for improper dealings. So suspicious were they, that Big 10 officials and the US Prosecutor reviewed tapes of Harmon’s four fumble and a dropped TD pass in the Rose Bowl to see if he might be involved in throwing the game for money. To this day, there are die hard Iowa fans that are convinced he did exactly that. 

Harmon was under a cloud and Polian, Marv, and the rest of the team were ready to move on.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. He was as good as gone the moment he made that comment. 

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was about 6 years old when the drop happened.

Harmon blamed Kelly?

not to derail this thread..Harmon was as crooked as the day is long. He was as good as gone was people realized ..hmmm, this mofo seems to have bad games and the dropsies in some high profile areas...

https://qns.com/story/2002/07/31/harmon-still-chased-by-fix-rumor-16-years-later/

Mod edit: Yeah, if you guys want to keep talking Harmon, please start another thread for it.  Thanxs!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
keep TC thread on topic!
  • Like (+1) 1