YoloinOhio

Jets start TC today, Quinnen Williams not reporting ( update - signed)

Posted (edited)

Still unsigned and was supposed to be on a flight today to NJ, but wasn’t 

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday morning that No. 3 overall pick Quinnen Williamsmight not report with teammates today. Per Rapoport, the team planned for Williams, who is still unsigned, to fly in Thursday, but the rookie was not on the flight

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Rookie holdouts make no sense anymore.

There's only 2 things to negotiate: offsets and cash flow. Get 'em figured out and you're done.

The team looks stupid here. You took the kid at #3 overall. Screw the offset language and give him the standard fully-loaded cash flow. Done.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Rookie holdouts make no sense anymore.

There's only 2 things to negotiate: offsets and cash flow. Get 'em figured out and you're done.

The team looks stupid here. You took the kid at #3 overall. Screw the offset language and give him the standard fully-loaded cash flow. Done.

It is the Jets after all lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

And yet Ed Oliver practically signed his on Goodell's back at the draft podium after the hug, and yelled " Let's Goooooo!"

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Trade them a bag of rocks for Quinnen and bring him to Buffalo. Him and Oliver will be a force in the middle. He's obviously not happy with the Jets

• Haha (+1) 7

well, one would think the Jets would have taken care of this a month ago at least. Now TC is about to start for them and their top pick is a no show. Wonder which side is the most responsible for this? lol My guess would be the Jets, but you never know I guess.

I would definitely want my #1 pick squared away before now though, that's for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

adam-gase-3.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=6

This looks like GM Gase reacting to getting reamed out by HC Gase.

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The team looks stupid here

Well, it is the Jets.

(Cue the countdown until ScottLaw responds with "the Bills are no better.")

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

well, one would think the Jets would have taken care of this a month ago at least.

Yeah - genius organization that fired their GM with no replacement in mind, then made their (already dubious) new head coach do double duty - what could go wrong?

• Like (+1) 2

This is where the rumors of gase not wanting him start to make sense. Locker room killer 

Posted (edited)

Maybe Baby Hughey just had an orthodontist  appt back home to get his braces off 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He doesn't want to play for Gase.  Does anybody blame him?  Does anyone want to play for that clown?  Wow, what were the Jets thinking hiring a coach from a division rival that was fired for doing a lousy job?  There had to be a whole lot better to hire from the NFL and College coaching ranks.  Glad their management is a joke!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He doesn't want to play for Gase.  Does anybody blame him?  Does anyone want to play for that clown?  Wow, what were the Jets thinking hiring a coach from a division rival that was fired for doing a lousy job?  There had to be a whole lot better to hire from the NFL and College coaching ranks.  Glad their management is a joke!

What’s killing me is Bell had to have shown that he only signed with the Jets for the money. Gase had a hell of a back in Ajayi and managed to flush that running game down the toilet. So back to the OP, how does Gase not tie up that loose end before TC?!?

I wonder if this guy was even on our board.  If the player/agent is creating the issue, that's ridiculous with the rookie wage scale.  perhaps a dysfunctional marriage made for the enjoyment of Bills fans :)

He needs all the money he can get so he can afford some new grillz

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He needs all the money he can get so he can afford some new grillz

Hmm, a joke about a black player spending his contract money on new grillz.  I believe the Patriots fan message board is the one you're looking for, sir.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Meh 1
  • Confused 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I wonder if this guy was even on our board.  If the player/agent is creating the issue, that's ridiculous with the rookie wage scale.  perhaps a dysfunctional marriage made for the enjoyment of Bills fans :)

It would've been stupid if he wasnt because he was the most polished player in the draft at a position of need

Oliver is a stud but so is quinnen

• Like (+1) 1