Sign in to follow this  
DefenseWins

Josh Allen vs Daniel Jones

Posted (edited)

I don't think Bills fans were ever as hating on the JA pick last year compared to the fan reactions of Giants fans to Daniel Jones... Do I feel sorry for them? NO!

But maybe we should be happy that the Giants waited till this year to select a QB....

Edited by DefenseWins
  • Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

We are definitely lucky! One more QB fell to us last year, and Ed Oliver fell to us this year. Thank you Giants! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

I really don’t know anything about Jones, but it seems like Giants fans are just in a complain about anything mood... probably justifiable.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I really don’t know anything about Jones, but it seems like Giants fans are just in a complain about anything mood... probably justifiable.

They appear to be a disaster. I'm not sure how that glorified gym teacher still has a job.

I've had my criticisms but I don't know how Beane and McDermott seem so much more competent coming up under him. 

Maybe it's like one of those things where you have a boss or parent who has some glaring short comings and refuses to acknowledge them so you never repeat the same mistakes.

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

I don't think Bills fans were ever as hating on the JA pick last year compared to the fan reactions of Giants fans to Daniel Jones... Do I feel sorry for them? NO!

But maybe we should be happy that the Giants waited till this year to select a QB....

Slow - mo 1:07

2 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

When I 1st started watching & the guy keeps repeating "Take Josh Allen" I thought it was a clip from last year & I expected to hear the name Barkley and then expected to see the same guy a year later when they picked Jones.  All those Giants fans who wanted LB Josh Allen must have thought they could steal Josh Allen from the Bills just by drafting a guy with the same name.  😝 

Seriously, Giants fans reacted the same way in 1979 when the Giants took Phil Simms, so I wouldn't count out Jones as their long term answer.  

That was the most glorious video I've ever seen. Pure comedy gold. I love it.

But let's not forget. Lots of negative fan reactions from our QB pick as well.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't feel sorry for any other team in the NFL. 

The Giants have 4 Superbowls

• Like (+1) 4

What's up with the kid giving himself a wedgie?  :huh:

• Haha (+1) 3

I would love to have a video of my reaction to the EJ Manuel pick.  I pretty much lost my mind just like the people in this video.

• Like (+1) 2

lol, Giants fans never change

7 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I want to laugh, but I’ve been these guys way to many times. 

Exactly.

Sammy Watkins much?

• Like (+1) 2

Is it even funnier that they had a chance at two different guys named Josh Allen?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Exactly.

Sammy Watkins much?

I don't recall ever getting actually mad whilst watching the Bills' first pick.

I think the "least happy," I've been in recent memory was when they picked Spiller at 9.  Of course, by the next day, I'd somehow talked myself into thinking it was a great pick.  But that's the last time that I was pretty silent and went, "huh?" in response to a Bills first round pick.

These past couple seasons have been pleasantly different for me!

They’d have to have at least a decade of bad seasons/poor draft choices for me to start feeling bad for them 

Comes down to who would you rather have. Sam Darnold and Josh Allen (edge) or Saquon Barkley and Daniel Jones. I take the first pair every day. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, vincec said:

vrpiv6pxnegucgnq0ucy.thumb.png.5b9341c7f50502e07d6b2e086f88f784.png

Fans don't always know best...

Evidently. The dude wouldn’t be here if Mom didn’t do that..

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My moment like that, or should I say moments were when we picked 'lil Donte Whitner at 8, but my biggest throat punch from this franchise came when they announced EJ Manuel.  I think I just about quit on this team that year. The Aaron Maybin pick was another one of those head scratchers, but the EJ pick nearly broke me.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Evidently. The dude wouldn’t be here if Mom didn’t do that..

To be fair to the Giants, the destiny of Allen, Allen, Jones and Barkley are far from written.  They could turn out to be very right, very wrong or totally break even.

The only fair criticism for now, IMO, is to say Jones could have been had later than 6 which seems to be likely.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

My moment like that, or should I say moments were when we picked 'lil Donte Whitner at 8, but my biggest throat punch from this franchise came when they announced EJ Manuel.  I think I just about quit on this team that year. The Aaron Maybin pick was another one of those head scratchers, but the EJ pick nearly broke me.

The EJ Manual year who were you going to take?   I personally would have traded back again and then take Manual who was the best Quarterback in that draft.  Not that it says much.   

Picks I hated most were Spiller when we had good backs   and  the trade up for a WR in a Strong WR draft for Watkins.    In my Mocks that year I had us trading back and getting Martin G, Benjamin WR and Martavius Bryant    

Edited by Hatszel

Who knows what Daniel Jones may or may not become but I literally pissed my pants watching this video. Some of those fan reactions were just priceless.