Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*******

Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

Recommended Posts

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh for Kroft's sake.

I’ll bet your quick wit kept you out of jams in the ‘big house’.  😁

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Logic said:


I'm having a hard time seeing how you got your screenname.


Anyway...Sounds like a 3-4 month recovery window. Probably will start season on PUP list, will resume play around week 4.

Honestly, though, not having your presumed starting TE for all of training camp is not a tenable situation. Beane should be on the phone to Minnesota and get Rudolph in here ASAP.

 

Likewise brother. 

 

Anyways, you seem to agree with me but aren't happy that I'm being blunt and *gasp* criticizing McBeane. The horror!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Exclusive footage ....

 

Pun intended I presume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well. I honestly don't care that much. We have a lot of TEs and Kroft isn't special. If he's the only major injury of OTAs I'm fine with that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I’ll bet your quick wit kept you out of jams in the ‘big house’.  😁

🤣 so random 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I like what Beane is doing but I found the signing of the injury prone Kroft puzzling. 

 

Not a big deal money-wise.  Almost all of his gtd money was in year 1, so he can be released next offseason with very little cap impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This helps Sweeney a lot. I'd still like to sign Eifert though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I like what Beane is doing but I found the signing of the injury prone Kroft puzzling. 

Especially to such a big signing...should have been closer to a “prove it” type deal imo

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Beane sucks at signing free agents

You’re right...let’s bring back Whaley.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

 

Likewise brother. 

 

Anyways, you seem to agree with me but aren't happy that I'm being blunt and *gasp* criticizing McBeane. The horror!

Maybe because that is all you do around here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Disappointing. Beane really ought to give the Vikes a call at this point.

Beane: Rick, Tyler Kroft just broke his foot in practice and we need to add another tight end.  Now, I understand that you've indicated that Kyle Rudolph might be available for a trade.  What compensation are you looking for?

Rick Spielman: Give me your 2nd round pick in 2020 and you've got a deal.

Beane:  That seems a bit high.

Spielman: Take it or leave it.  Not sure if you've checked the news, but the Patriots have reached out to us about Kyle.

Beane: You've got a deal!  A 2020 2nd it is.

Spielman:  Care to throw in a mid-round pick as well?  Maybe a 5th?

Beane: Agree to that as well.  We can't let him go to New England.  Thanks, Rick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say we all didn't see this coming. Dude is a fragile *****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Especially to such a big signing...should have been closer to a “prove it” type deal imo

You’re right...let’s bring back Whaley.

Or Nix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oh well. I honestly don't care that much. We have a lot of TEs and Kroft isn't special. If he's the only major injury of OTAs I'm fine with that 

 

My thinking is similar.


How much better is Kroft than the next guy up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Glad we have 5 in OTA camp...!

Did Croom break it?

 

Pegs daughter suggested he try on a pair of her heels.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Beane: Rick, Tyler Kroft just broke his foot in practice and we need to add another tight end.  Now, I understand that you've indicated that Kyle Rudolph might be available for a trade.  What compensation are you looking for?

Rick Spielman: Give me your 2nd round pick in 2020 and you've got a deal.

Beane:  That seems a bit high.

Spielman: Take it or leave it.  Not sure if you've checked the news, but the Patriots have reached out to us about Kyle.

Beane: You've got a deal!  A 2020 2nd it is.

Spielman:  Care to throw in a mid-round pick as well?  Maybe a 5th?

Beane: Agree to that as well.  We can't let him go to New England.  Thanks, Rick.

What in Beane's dealings would make you feel that it would go this way....we actually got something out of the Bengals before they moved Cordy Glenn to guard....

The bills drafted TWO tight ends...one of them high.   Its ok if Kroft misses some time.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Especially to such a big signing...should have been closer to a “prove it” type deal imo

You’re right...let’s bring back Whaley.

Whaley's drafts were questionable at best but he made impactful free agent signings. Under Beane our drafting has been much better, but 2018 Free Agency class was a complete disaster and this year's class hasn't started off on the right foot.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Saying surgery, wonder if that means rod put in the foot... which could mean longer(?)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Whaley's drafts were questionable at best but he made impactful free agent signings. Under Beane our drafting has been much better, but 2018 Free Agency class was a complete disaster and this year's class hasn't started off on the right foot.  

I hope the irony was intended.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as much as they did good this off season. picking up a injury prone te where it's documented he had lost time in the past due to a foot injury was

not a wise move and it looks like they'll now be cutting him a check while he sits on ir?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...