Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane continues to take chances with damaged goods - when you trade using "injury arbitrage" you need to discount your expectations by at least 50% with each signed player...

I guess the most important ability is actually sign-ability.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Okay, real talk though... I get ACL's and Hammys getting messed up in these type of no-contact things, but how do you break a bone?

making a hard cut...turning your ankle...there are many ways to hurt a foot without contact

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

6 weeks usually 

I think we should question his toughness and rush him back like Sammy.  Foot injuries are a bad one.  This is going to be a big problem going forward.  I wasn’t in love with the signing but they need to be real patient with it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

i've had an odd incidence of broken feet in my life.  my brother stepped off a step funny and broke his foot.  a few weeks after that one of my employees was walking her dog and broke her foot.  maybe it's my fault.

Well... it's not ideal, but we're no worse than last year. And probably still improved w/o Kroft.

Lee Smith will probably play a larger role than initially anticipated and we'll get to see if Knox can push Croom for some snaps.

Maybe Sweeney has a good camp and finds the field for some reps. 

35 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The Bills sit here and talk about all these medical advances they put in.  They then proceed to sign a player who's foot clearly was not healed and ends up breaking it again.

The medical team is the problem, not the equipment.

Beane already had zero offensive signings to hang his hat onto before this year, and now its looking like he continues to not due complete due diligence.

This comment is breathtaking. 

We literally know nothing about what happened, and you are jumping to some WILD conclusions. 

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This comment is breathtaking. 

We literally know nothing about what happened, and you are jumping to some WILD conclusions. 

What wild conclusion were jumped to?  He rebroke the foot he broke that year.

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Touch situation here. I do suppose it is nice to see Knox, Croom, Sweeney get some extra reps. 

Not much in free agency outside of AJ Derby, Ryan Griffin (who was arrested for punching a wall.) Ofcourse Jake Fisher is still out there, and we all know he is familiar with the playbook. 

Interesting UDFA out there is Stetson tight end Donald Parham, who was a an UDFA of the Lions and waived after rookie minicamp. I don't know if he was hurt or just terrible. But I thought he seemed interesting pre draft. 

Jake Fisher won't help catching the ball.

I wonder if Beane takes a look at a couple of the older FAs.

Maybe Kendricks or Gresham have a year left in them for cheaper money?

Insurance may be needed.

5 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

I'd like to see us go after Jonnu Smith-TEN...wouldn't be nearly as much as Rudolph. He filled in as a #1 for Walker when he was out.

More famous for his baby mama dumping a pot of hot water on him when he was sleeping though.