Sign in to follow this  

Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Beane sucks at signing free agents

Word....

" Wide receiver Cole Beasley, signed from the Dallas Cowboys, and center Mitch Morse, signed from the Kansas City Chiefs, had "core muscle" surgeries a few weeks ago, McDermott said.  Running back Frank Gore will not participate because of a foot/ankle injury."

Posted (edited)

Beane continues to take chances with damaged goods - when you trade using "injury arbitrage" you need to discount your expectations by at least 50% with each signed player...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Whaley's drafts were questionable at best but he made impactful free agent signings. Under Beane our drafting has been much better, but 2018 Free Agency class was a complete disaster and this year's class hasn't started off on the right foot.  

I always thought everyone realized the Bills had their sights set on starting to make significant moves in 2019 last off-season. 

I guess not.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I hope the irony was intended.

it was

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What in Beane's dealings would make you feel that it would go this way....we actually got something out of the Bengals before they moved Cordy Glenn to guard....

The bills drafted TWO tight ends...one of them high.   Its ok if Kroft misses some time.

Nothing.  It's just what the voices in his head told him to say.

And if he broke the same foot without contact, they might need to move on now.  Cut him with an injury settlement.

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe because that is all you do around here?

Well, John From Riverside, I post maybe once every other week so you must be a huge fan, I'm flattered. 

Here's the deal, I may come off more pessimistic than optimistic here because I don't feel the need to post positive things when each thread is an avalanche of supreme optimism. I generally will drop a thumbs up on those type of posts but if I see something I disagree with or where I want to express my opinion, I will willingly play devil's advocate.

I mean, for the love of god, I have us getting 9-10 wins this year. HOWEVER, if they fall below that, you better believe I'll be on here raising hell. It goes both ways for me. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What in Beane's dealings would make you feel that it would go this way....we actually got something out of the Bengals before they moved Cordy Glenn to guard....

The bills drafted TWO tight ends...one of them high.   Its ok if Kroft misses some time.

Not according to Logic.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That timeline is not terrible for the regular season but the impact is timing with Allen and the OL.  That can not be studied, only experienced.

Good thing we got Croom and Lee Smith to fill in.... 

56 minutes ago, Logic said:

What the Bills SHOULD do: Trade for Kyle Rudolph.

What the Bills WILL do: Re-sign Jake Fisher

Ugh.

Yup, I can certainly see this happening.

Big blow for Buffalo. Kroft was one of the most impressive under the radar signings of the offseason across the NFL in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Big blow for Buffalo. Kroft was one of the most impressive under the radar signings of the offseason across the NFL in my opinion.

If he is gonna get hurt...now is the time to do it.

He will be back for the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

If he is gonna get hurt...now is the time to do it.

He will be back for the season.

It's touch and go for week 1. If he isn't healthy there is no obvious two way starter who can catch and block at TE.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It's touch and go for week 1. If he isn't healthy there is no obvious two way starter who can catch and block at TE.

It gets our rooks some game time.....I expect Dawson Knox to be competing for the number 1 spot sooner then later and this will actually get him some live action.....when Knox comes back we can do those 2 TE sets I have been dreaming about.

The only thing that is concerning to me is that it is the SAME foot that he originally broke

1 hour ago, Logic said:

What the Bills SHOULD do: Trade for Kyle Rudolph.

What the Bills WILL do: Re-sign Jake Fisher

Ugh.

Yea.

It would be nice to see them be proactive here and bring in an established productive veteran..... not a guy who's a coveted tackle. 

Cut him now.  Under 2 mill in dead Cap space next year.  4.2 this year.  

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I broke one of toes once getting kicked . Foot bones break easily 

...pretty astonishing that there are 26 bones in each foot.....

I think calling the Vikings is a knee jerk reaction. The Bills will have enough bodies for training camp. Knox and Sweeney will get more reps which will help them. The Bills will keep Croom until Kroft comes back and then Croom will be cut. This is the very reason the Bills wanted depth at each position. Injuries happen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Exclusive footage ....

Image result for nancy kerrigan why gif

I heard the guy who done it works for the Patsies... look at this mug... total Patsie mug:

Screenshot_20190521-124103_Google.jpg

1 minute ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I heard the guy who done it works for the Patsies... look at this mug... total Patsie mug:

Screenshot_20190521-124103_Google.jpg

I think that's Dawson "Creek" Knox's agent.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

You sign a bunch of injury prone players and then they get injured. 

Glass Legs Murphy and now Crystal Foot Kroft. 

I kinda have to agree with you here. I wasnt thrilled with the Kroft signing in the 1st place & I definitely was against signing Murphy.

We had/have the cap space to blow i suppose, but we've committed good money to players who so far have struggled to stay on the field.

Kroft very well could come back in 3 months, but who's to say his foot is gonna be any stronger than it was before? If anything one could presume it'd be worse off, after breaking it again, (in a non contact environment no less).

Really wish we went after someone else to begin with. But since we own Kroft for awhile, I wish him a speedy recovery & hope for the best like always lol.

It'll be interesting to see if Beane does his due diligence & plans for the worst & targets Rudolph or another TE.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Oh well. I honestly don't care that much. We have a lot of TEs and Kroft isn't special. If he's the only major injury of OTAs I'm fine with that 

You should care...quantity does not equal quality.  The TE depth chart is a mess.