Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

6 weeks usually 

they are saying 2-3 months...which means 4 at least.  same foot/same break as last year.  hmmmm....

3 hours ago, Logic said:

What the Bills SHOULD do: Trade for Kyle Rudolph.

What the Bills WILL do: Re-sign Jake Fisher

Ugh.

i'd say send a 5th and a dozen wings to miami and bring o'leary back. ya never know.

7 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

How do you break your foot in non-contact OTA practice....no way this guy will last through the season. I wouldn't bank on him being a contributor.

Once you break your foot, it is very easily broken again.  Killed a bunch of basketball player’s career - Bill Walton and Kevin Mchale. It killed Sammy’s one season because he rushed back too soon.  Odds are if we rush Kroft back too soon, it will re-occur.  It’s just a sucky injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Once you break your foot, it is very easily broken again.  Killed a bunch of basketball player’s career - Bill Walton and Kevin Mchale. It killed Sammy’s one season because he rushed back too soon.  Odds are if we rush Kroft back too soon, it will re-occur.  It’s just a sucky injury. 

It's still hurting Sammy.  He missed I think 6 games for the Chiefs last year because of it.

Kevin Durant missed games over multiple seasons because of it.

58 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

Patriots in trade talks for Kyle Rudolph...if that happens one of their other TEs may be expendable.

B. Watson

A. Seferian-Jenkins

M. LaCosse

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats got Kyle Rudolph and Gerald McCoy! They print money in NE!

They print SB rings too...make no mistake, that matters to some people just as much as money does

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It looks like a poor decision by the coaching/medical staff for rushing Kroft into OTAs rather than waiting for training camp:

From back when he signed in April:   [paywall content]    https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/03/tyler-kroft-buffalo-bills-nfl-sean-mcdermott-tight-end/

"...Kroft was on his way to doing that in 2017. His big game against the Ravens capped a season in which he started all 16 games and finished with 42 catches for 404 yards and seven touchdowns. Injury robbed him of the chance to build on that in 2018. Kroft appeared in just five games before a broken bone in his foot ended his season. He’s not completely healed from that injury, putting his participation in spring practices in jeopardy, but he should be 100 percent by the time training camp arrives."

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Oh well. I honestly don't care that much. We have a lot of TEs and Kroft isn't special. If he's the only major injury of OTAs I'm fine with that 

On the list of horrors that plague my dreams at night, I can live with this. He should be ready early season, and we have some younger guys who need more reps. Somebody gets hurt in OTA’s/Camp every year. Let’s hope this is it, and we get lucky going forward. That’s my glass half full speech. It’s all I got.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Whaleys teams were competitive every single game, while we have been blown out far too much the last two years. While I support Beane and eager to see how the process turns out, I have my doubts because I’m a Bills fan and have been hurt in the past. A TE is a young QBs best friend and now our best option at that position is 3rd round rookie. 

Fine.  You may not like how your team played last season.   But to expect the Bills to be signing premium free agent talent is to be simply ignoring what the current GM has told us over and over.  He's not building this team with free agents.   His first attempt to make serious improvement at the position was to draft Knox.   So far as I know, he's still healthy. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It looks like a poor decision by the coaching/medical staff for rushing Kroft into OTAs rather than waiting for training camp:

From back when he signed in April:   [paywall content]    https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/03/tyler-kroft-buffalo-bills-nfl-sean-mcdermott-tight-end/

"...Kroft was on his way to doing that in 2017. His big game against the Ravens capped a season in which he started all 16 games and finished with 42 catches for 404 yards and seven touchdowns. Injury robbed him of the chance to build on that in 2018. Kroft appeared in just five games before a broken bone in his foot ended his season. He’s not completely healed from that injury, putting his participation in spring practices in jeopardy, but he should be 100 percent by the time training camp arrives."

Yikes, someone really messed up here.  The medical staff or the coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Yikes, someone really messed up here.  The medical staff or the coaches.

Or he was healed, stepped on something funny and re-broke his foot.  But no one to blame in that scenario, I guess... :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Or he was healed, stepped on something funny and re-broke his foot.  But no one to blame in that scenario, I guess... :beer: 

Still, it seems odd given the history of this staff for erring on the side of caution with off-season injuries.     If there was any question that he wasn't yet healed (and there was in April), he should have not been on the field...

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

Patriots in trade talks for Kyle Rudolph...if that happens one of their other TEs may be expendable.

B. Watson

A. Seferian-Jenkins

M. LaCosse

Doubtful. Both Watson and Jenkins were UFA's this year. Maybe one would be cut at the end of camp, but they're not gonna release either after just signing them. They're not Jake Fisher.