Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Logic

Seahawks sign Ansah

Recommended Posts

Just now, co_springs_billsfan said:

Can someone interpret what this means?

He was basically responding to people saying he was upset about the 5th year option. He said he wasn't mad no cap which means he's not lying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He was basically responding to people saying he was upset about the 5th year option. He said he wasn't mad no cap which means he's not lying.

Thanks. So is "cap" short for another word?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

 

The Texans put the franchise tag on him for this year. No way the Texans are trading Clowney to the Bills for anything less than a 1st rounder, and no way Beane is willing to trade a 2020 1st when that pick will likely become an elite WR talent at a rookie salary. Most likely, the Bills will attempt to sign Clowney next offseason with the $80+ million in cap space they currently have (that's not even including the rollover cap space from this year).

 

By the way, does anyone know how exactly the rollover cap rules work? The Bills are $30 million under for this season. Do they get to rollover all of that for 2020?

Basically. They will likely use some for mid year signings and the rooks will be a bit but yeah it rolls over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Thanks. So is "cap" short for another word?

no clue I just looked it up today when I saw it and found out it's basically no bull####.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, transient said:

It is still murky.  I am sorry, I speak English, and not up on all the latest slang

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I won't completely know how I feel about this until the numbers are out, but I really like the idea of the Bills having $25mil in cap space to roll over anyway.  If it stays that way, that would give them a lot of flexibility in FA next year..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#trusting the process. Clearly there was a reason we didn’t snap him up before the Hawks, serious enough health concerns to be ok with passing on him. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Brady Henderson ESPN

Former Detroit Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah agreed to a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday night, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter

.

The deal is expected to include $5.5 million in guaranteed money, with incentives that could boost it by roughly another $8 million, a source said. Ansah is scheduled to fly to Seattle on Thursday to sign the contract.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else just not that upset by this?

 

I still think if Murphy can get past the injury bug (the same issue Ziggie has) he is actually the BETTER player......Lawson is still here for another year....we did pick up depth in free agency and drafted a DE

 

and we might not even be done yet....still 30 million in cap space before teams start releasing players

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
  • Brady Henderson ESPN

Former Detroit Lions defensive end Ziggy Ansah agreed to a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday night, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter

.

The deal is expected to include $5.5 million in guaranteed money, with incentives that could boost it by roughly another $8 million, a source said. Ansah is scheduled to fly to Seattle on Thursday to sign the contract.


Seems like that would have been a worthwhile investment for Buffalo, my feelings about Ansah notwithstanding.

On the other hand, it's not always just about money. Maybe Ziggy felt the Seahawks offered a better path to playing time. Maybe he got along better with their coaching staff. Maybe he prefers fresh seafood to buffalo wings. Who knows.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seemed to me that the Bills best opportunity was to sign him before today. Starting today, free agent signings don't count towards compensatory picks. Since the Bills have signed so many players, there was no chance they'd get any picks anyway. But, some other teams like the Seahawks likely were waiting until today so that the signing won't affect their ability to get an extra pick. So, he probably waited either because he wasn't interested in the Bills or wanted more teams to bid on him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

It seemed to me that the Bills best opportunity was to sign him before today. Starting today, free agent signings don't count towards compensatory picks. Since the Bills have signed so many players, there was no chance they'd get any picks anyway. But, some other teams like the Seahawks likely were waiting until today so that the signing won't affect their ability to get an extra pick. So, he probably waited either because he wasn't interested in the Bills or wanted more teams to bid on him.

Nope that was the 7th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pete said:

It is still murky.  I am sorry, I speak English, and not up on all the latest slang

 

A new one is these youngsters repeat words at the end of the sentence according to my daughter...

 

They don't just say for example, "Oh he's mad". Instead they'll say, " Oh he MAD mad"... i guess like REALLY mad... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills failed to upgrade their pass rush from their DE's.  Let's hope Shaq or Murphy step up their game.  Maybe the addition of Oliver helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Anyone else just not that upset by this?

 

I still think if Murphy can get past the injury bug (the same issue Ziggie has) he is actually the BETTER player......Lawson is still here for another year....we did pick up depth in free agency and drafted a DE

 

and we might not even be done yet....still 30 million in cap space before teams start releasing players

 

I liked Murphy before his injuries but he was never a better player than Ansah.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, this doesn't bother me at all. I think we'll be just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

That’s a sack inflated system. He could get 10-15 sacks and cash in big if he can stay healthy.

i want a sack inflated system.  how do i get that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...