Who do you want in the first round?

elijah

What pick do you want the Bills to make?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What pick do you want the Bills to make?

• TRADE UP: DT, Quinnen Williams
    • TRADE UP: EDGE, Josh Allen
    • DT, Ed Oliver
    • TE, TJ Hockenson
    • WR, DK Metcalf
    • OT, Jawaan Taylor
    • OT, Jonah Williams
    • Trade Down
    • Other TE/WR
    • Other DL
    • Other OL
    • Other

I voted Oliver because he is the PERFECT guy to fill the giant shoes left by Kyle Williams and be the playmaking 3T for the next decade. 

It's funny to watch Oliver be the runaway favorite so far. Bills fans (myself included) were so adamant that the 1st round pick needed to be spent on an offensive player. Then Beane went out and signed 37 players on offense. Now we're all on board with Oliver. 

Good stuff.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm going Oliver at #9. It would have been a tougher decision if not for all of Beane's recent additions.

I dont think any of the other DLs are so much better that they warrant the cost of trading up.

I'd be just as happy with an OT as well though.

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am getting a feeling the Bills are going to take DK Metcalf (Maybe TJ Hockenson) then target a trade up back into the first to get Simmons.  

My reason, Beane has been vey obviously trying to get Allen a big weapon and I doubt he thinks Cole, Kraft, and Brown are enough.  That could be in a WR or TE role, and I suspect that unreal skill set of DK will be too tempting to pair with Allen.  

Many believe Simmons was a better DT prospect than Oliver before the injury and comes at a better value.  Beane loves value and I fully believe he wants to move around this draft and not walk away with 10 draft picks.  Moving up from 2nd round pick is something I think is quite probable.  

Could also go go the opposite way, say take someone like Oliver then trade up for someone like TJ, Harry, Fant, etc too.  But DK is such a unique talent and Simmons is a top 5 talent, so I’m gonna tentatively vote DK then expect a trade up to get Simmons (or Tillery)

I agree that all indications are that Beane would love to get Allen that true #1 receiver. I believe he explored (maybe still exploring) more options than just Antonio Brown via the trade route. I think Metcalf provides the perfect skill set to compliment Allen's strengths; however, I would have liked to see better consistency from him in catching the ball - in terms of technique and concentration. He is certainly another high ceiling prospect. If they are sold on him, I trust their judgement.

If they are looking to go offensive weapon first and are not sold on Metcalf, they may, in fact, be looking at Hockenson as someone that has the fluidity, speed, and sharp route running to excel in that intermediate range that Allen loves. With the speed they put on the outside, he would have plenty of room to work.

I have to confess that I would love to see Fant in that role.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am getting a feeling the Bills are going to take DK Metcalf (Maybe TJ Hockenson) then target a trade up back into the first to get Simmons.  

My reason, Beane has been vey obviously trying to get Allen a big weapon and I doubt he thinks Cole, Kraft, and Brown are enough.  That could be in a WR or TE role, and I suspect that unreal skill set of DK will be too tempting to pair with Allen.  

Many believe Simmons was a better DT prospect than Oliver before the injury and comes at a better value.  Beane loves value and I fully believe he wants to move around this draft and not walk away with 10 draft picks.  Moving up from 2nd round pick is something I think is quite probable.  

Could also go go the opposite way, say take someone like Oliver then trade up for someone like TJ, Harry, Fant, etc too.  But DK is such a unique talent and Simmons is a top 5 talent, so I’m gonna tentatively vote DK then expect a trade up to get Simmons (or Tillery)

Damn it Alphadawg!! You stole my thunder!! I said in another thread that is was going to be like Allen and Edmunds. He's going to get value by getting 2 top 10 rated players.

Edited by the skycap
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In order, my preferences are:

1. Ed Oliver

2. DK Metcalf

3. Trade Down

4. Christian Wilkins

5. Trade Up for Quinnen

And of the options listed, my LEAST preferred options (excluding the "Other" categories) would be Trade Up - Josh Allen, TJ Hockenson, and Jawaan Taylor in order from least preferred to most preferred.

Edited by DCOrange

1 hour ago, Augie said:

That would be great, but we also have two guys on the last year of their deals. Maybe we go edge a little later?

Oh, and you guys do NOT want ME making picks for our Bills! 

yes the Bills may look at Maxx Crosby in later rounds to play DE too even if they sign Ansah

I’d like to trade down and draft Ed Oliver. 

If we stay at 9 I want Oliver, but I’d be Ok with Jawaan Taylor, Andre Dilliard or Hockenson.

christian Wilkins makes some sense too, as does Montez Sweat.  

Brian Burns is intriguing if used properly.  He might not be a 4-3 DE but he’s a monster getting after the QB. 

Rashan Gary = PUKE

I really like Brian Burns as the 1st pick, he has tremendous upside and he is who I'd pick .

I am not sure whether he is a scheme fit but I don't think he is that far behind Bosa and Josh Allen.

I could see McDermott coaching up Burns to be a pro bowl level player. 

I think in reality it is down to Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams or Jawaan Taylor at 9 or a small trade down and Christian Wilkins or Cody Ford.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think Jonha Williams will lock down the LT spot for 10 years. He is one of the best pass blocking LT’s that I have ever watched. His footwork and ability to mirror a DE is fun to watch. I think he will be good right out of the box and a top 5 LT in his 2nd year. 

But everyone appears satisfied with all the one year contracted offensive linemen we've signed.  Seriously, I do want either Williams or Taylor in round one.

• Like (+1) 1

Best acquisition for the defense is Hock.   This offense needs to score more points, longer time of possession, less turnovers, etc.  Hock will help us do that.   Our defense will improve tremendously not feeling they have to go out and win the game every time.   If not Hock then one of the OL. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB

Allen is gonna be on his rookie deal for at most another 2-3 years.  That’s the window where you can go out and pay for established talent.  Makes way more sense to go after an established pass rusher like Clark and Clowney than draft a Sweat, Burns or even an Oliver at 9.  Ford set the market at a 2nd round pick for a pass rusher on the franchise tag.  That equals a trade down from 9 to 21 or 23.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Allen is gonna be on his rookie deal for at most another 2-3 years.  That’s the window where you can go out and pay for established talent.  Makes way more sense to go after an established pass rusher like Clark and Clowney than draft a Sweat, Burns or even an Oliver at 9.  Ford set the market at a 2nd round pick for a pass rusher on the franchise tag.  That equals a trade down from 9 to 21 or 23.  

Who are we taking in 20 something range in that trade down?

(I am not against it....just wondering if we are now in offensive weapon territory)