Odell Beckham to the Browns (Bills checked in on him prior to the trade)

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Browns didn't even give up much. Giants are dumb. 

That’s actually a pretty good deal for the Giants.  ODB is a lot and has some idiot tendencies.  I just don’t how why you sign him to that deal and then trade him. You just murdered your cap. 

Just now, Badanswer said:

I'll bet NY is happy to get rid of theat headcase. He maybe a great players but holy moly the drama.

that organization has far bigger worries than OBJ's antics.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, beerme1 said:

I don't think I agree with that. Cleveland has more depth than us don't you think?

except we had the much higher draft pick

a top 10 draft pick in today's NFL is worth gold. the talent drop off between the top 10 and the rest of the draft is pretty massive. Giants would have bit our hand off if we offered our 1st and 3rd. 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

So the Giants traded Olivier Vernon and OBJ to Cleveland for a 1st, a 3rd, Jabrill Peppers, and Kevin Zeitler.

That's actually kind of not lopsided. 

Agreed.  The dead money is the killer.  It’s a no brainer for Cleveland but Beckham is a lot to handle.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like our fish but they are guppies compared to OBD.

I’d rather have a half dozen solid guys than one guy who eats up your cap and is a threat to the locker room and chemistry. I like balance, but I get that he could be a key catalyst to something amazing. I’m hoping they own the division and all goes well. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

How many fire hydrants do they have?

This is the kind of behavior that takes away from his talent, in my eye. I’d be thrilled for the Browns, but this is a big part of why he was available. 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

So the Giants traded Olivier Vernon and OBJ to Cleveland for a 1st, a 3rd, Jabrill Peppers, and Kevin Zeitler.

That's actually kind of not lopsided. 

Very lopsided.  Peppers will enjoy all of those 3 and outs.  He won't have to take his helmet off the entire game.

Just now, Augie said:

I’d rather have a half dozen solid guys than one guy who eats up your cap and is a threat to the locker room and chemistry. I like balance, but I get that he could be a key catalyst to something amazing. I’m hoping they own the division and all goes well. 

I mean I’m not a fan of OBJ’s attitude but he is one of the best at his position.  We have a roster of number 3 and 4 receivers.  Talent still matters a ton in the league. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Giants fleeced.  And have to swallow 19  million dead cap.  Brain dead GM reporting to senile ownership.

Gettleman is well respected. I'm thinking the other way- why are you so quick to give up Odell after handing him that contract. Obviously something ain't right.

Browns looking good on paper but we'll see how that works out for them. I'm not as optimistic as others