What I would like to see the Bills do going forward

MAJBobby

With Gore ? Kraft, Morse and Johnson on board. 

What I would love to see happen come actual Free Agency. 

Sign Saffold

Sign Williams (RT)

Trade 4th for Nelson Agholor

Sign Ansah

maybe another TE like Gresham. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sign Saffold

Sign Williams (RT)

Sign Ansah

I would love to see an OLB also

2 minutes ago, dje85 said:

We would run out of cap space before we finished signing all those players. 

Yeah i think some people fail to realize they aren’t going to spend it down to $0.  They also need money for their draft picks and Beane has said he likes to keep some space available for in season signings etc.  

i think maybe one one or two bigger contact guys then the rest will be bargain guys later

Edited by CaptnCoke11

3 minutes ago, dje85 said:

I think they would have plenty of cap space left after. All those players wouldn't be getting $20m per season

2 minutes ago, dje85 said:

No we wouldn’t. 

Agholor or would be lower than his 9M 

Saffold call it 12 per 

Williams is probably 10 per

ansah is probably 10 per (Max) 

Gresham is likely 5 per at this point. 

That is roughly 50M more than enough space to fit in top 51 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sign Saffold

Sign Williams (RT)

Sign Ansah

I think you are missing Juwan James for the other tackle..

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Speaking of which, how much cap space do the Bills have left?

We had roughly 77 going into today and if all quoted signing figures are correct the deals we made today are 19.5 million. So roughly 58 million before rookie contracts are added in as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Yeah i think some people fail to realize they aren’t going to spend it down to $0.  They also need money for their draft picks and Beane has said he likes to keep some space available for in season signings etc.  

I think what people fail to realize is the cap isn’t a inhibitor at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

I think they would have plenty of cap space left after. All those players wouldn't be getting $20m per season

Just roundabouting.. Morse, Kroft, Gore I’d imagine will be taking up 20ish of the 75 they had going in.  Johnson’s deal isn’t known and money needed for rookies so it’s definitely going down a bit. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I think you are missing Juwan James for the other tackle..

I don’t think they are replacing Dawkins at LT so looking for a RT and that would be Williams in my scenario. He would be cheaper than James. Could add James instead of Williams 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sign Saffold

Sign Williams (RT)

Sign Ansah

I would kinda agree on the positions, but maybe aim a little lower. 

Ansah will probably be waaaaay too expensive with what Hughes and Murphy have tied up at ends. 

Agholor I would support even as a one year rental.

i think Williams is probably priority #1 left for them. 

To be short I think Williams might be the only “big name” kinda signing left they will try for 

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

We had roughly 77 going into today and if all quoted signing figures are correct the deals we made today are 19.5 million. So roughly 58 million before rookie contracts are added in as well. 

Mans saved 2-3M with the additions as well because it kicks 4 players off the top 51

so closer to spending 16M on day one 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I don’t think they are replacing Dawkins at LT so looking for a RT and that would be Williams in my scenario. He would be cheaper than James. Could add James instead of Williams 

Well good luck then...

I would be over the moon with either of Saffold or Williams in addition to Morse, let alone both of them...

Just now, MAJBobby said:

No we wouldn’t. 

Agholor or would be lower than his 9M 

Saffold call it 12 per 

Williams is probably 10 per

ansah is probably 10 per (Max) 

Gresham is likely 5 per at this point. 

That is roughly 50M more than enough space to fit in top 51 

Williams will get closer to 12 or 13,  Ansah will get well over 10 probably closer to 11 or 12, Gresham 6 or 7 based on te contracts being thrown out so far, Sffold will get 12 likely, and Agholor is curently on a 9.3 million per year contract but like every ther traded wr h would want a new contract / raise especially if traded to buffalo so we will say 13ish based on Funchesses contract. Yeah we don't have enough to pay them all and rookies. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Ansah will probably be waaaaay too expensive with what Hughes and Murphy have tied up at ends. 

To be short I think Williams might be the only “big name” kinda signing left they will try for 

Murphy’s contract is an easy get out of for me with Shaq taking his snaps and he was hurt yet again I would take the 3.5M dead and save the 5M when I cut Murphy

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I think a 4th for Algholor is high..

Might be able to use a 5th too. Think we have two there 

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

Williams will get closer to 12 or 13,  Ansah will get well over 10 probably closer to 11 or 12, Gresham 6 or 7 based on te contracts being thrown out so far, Sffold will get 12 likely, and Agholor is curently on a 9.3 million per year contract but like every ther traded wr h would want a new contract / raise especially if traded to buffalo so we will say 13ish based on Funchesses contract. Yeah we don't have enough to pay them all and rookies. 

Agholor a new contract would lower this years Cap though just saying. 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well good luck then...

I would be over the moon with either of Saffold or Williams in addition to Morse, let alone both of them...

I am going with the thought of Dawkins playing next to a legit LG like Incognito he returns back to form that was considered an up and coming young LT. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Murphy’s contract is an easy get out of for me with Shaq taking his snaps and he was hurt yet again I would take the 3.5M dead and save the 5M when I cut Murphy

Might be able to use a 5th too. Think we have two there 

Agholor a new contract would lower this years Cap though just saying. 

True we could cut some guys to get more cap space to make it work. I wont argue there. We actually save Cap overall from signing Gore if we cut Ivory.  

6 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Just roundabouting.. Morse, Kroft, Gore I’d imagine will be taking up 20ish of the 75 they had going in.  Johnson’s deal isn’t known and money needed for rookies so it’s definitely going down a bit. 

Also there are still a lot of money savings moves Bills could make after replacements are secure 

Ivory 

Murphy 

OL 

21 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

i think maybe one one or two bigger contact guys then the rest will be bargain guys later

Unfortunately two of of three of our acquisitions are bargain guys. A TE2 and a 35 year old RB. 

18 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

not to nitpick, but 20ish isn't very specific. 11+6+2 with those 3, less 2 from ivory. That's 17M- . It's going to go down , that's just how it works. I wouldn't worry about the cap. Plus, we'll probably release a vet or 2 during camp. 

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

not to nitpick, but 20ish isn't very specific. 11+6+2 with those 3, less 2 from ivory. That's 17M- . It's going to go down , that's just how it works. I wouldn't worry about the cap. Plus, we'll probably release a vet or 2 during camp. 

When In that paragraph did I say I was being specific?  It was purely a guess take it as such 

Edited by CaptnCoke11

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

When In that paragraph did I say I was being specific?  It was purely a guess take it as such 

you didn't, but if you're worrying about actual cap numbers,  being more specific helps. Not a biggie, not trying to start a fight here.

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sign Saffold

Sign Williams (RT)

Sign Ansah

I would be very pleased with:

Darryl Williams.....$12M x 5

Ziggy Ansah........creative short term deal that pays him near top dollar if he plays well

Thomas Davis......cheap 1 year deal($2M with incentives up to $4.5M).....chance to compete for starting job opposite Milano and he traditionally plays Milano's position in the D so top reserve to Milano if injuries keep happening to MM.......Lorax more pass rush role

They need some kind of vet WR added..........need leadership in that room to set the tone for Foster and the draftees(there will be multiple IMO).

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sign Saffold

Sign Williams (RT)

Sign Ansah

You missed a couple from the last month. Also, look for the Pryor/Hyde type signings. I dont want them to spend to the cap again. Build the base through the draft and stop chasing the big names. Draft your own big names. 

Ok, I like this post. I didn’t want to start a new post about this next point so I’ll put it into this one.

I made a post several days ago about the Bills potentially being players for OBJ. Since then they were associated with possibly trading for Antonio Brown and I have seen people around here suggesting Julio Jones and A.J. Green, all the big time WRs in today’s game. Regardless of which one I think that if Buffalo were to add another G AND RT (Williams off James) than trading for 1 of these WRs (sans Brown) using the #9 pick overall and somevother compensation would not be farfetched imo. A revamped OL, Josh in his 2nd year, adding TE Kraft coupled with what I believe will be the emergence of Croom and fortifying the RB position would make this a pretty efficient offense but would need that 1 big time WR to make the rest of our young WRs even more effective. Now the flip side while all that comes into play if the Bills don’t trade for a stud WR then they will, IMO, defat a top prospect. Hopefully they don’t use their 1st rd pick on one, and I don’t think that they do, then Ivwould like to see them use their 2nd rder on one. Now if they feel that the 2nd rder wouldn’t be early enough to grab a top prospect then I wouldn’t be against them adding a 3rd or a 4th rder to move up earlier to grab some one like K’Neal Harry.

The other thing that I think might have been better for them in the future cap situation would have been to only have given Morse a 3 year contract and then drafted someone like Erik McCoy with one of 3rd rder. This would have served a twofold benefit. The first thing is McCoy I believe is quality and can also play G, so adding him not only for the versatility but also the depth. Secondly a 3 year contract for Morse would be plenty of time to know if (a) he can stay healthy and (b) that he’s good fit/ability. Signing McCoy to a 4 year deal would give the Bills better leverage when it comes to a new contract for Morse. If both end up playing with great ability then the Bills could cash 1 of them out for trade value. That’s how the more successful franchises keep their train rolling. Just some thoughts. This is by far my favorite part and time of the NFL.

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I think you can sign Ansah to the right deal (high number but not garanteed) and the let him compete with Murphy.  Cut one before season start

53 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

T Daryl Williams

G Roger Saffold

Edge Ziggy Ansah

WR Randall Cobb

WR Cole Beasley 

LB Thomas Davis 

other options 

Edge Zadarius Smith

DT Darius Philon 

LB Anthony Barr

Well u can cross Barr off your list, looks like the Jests just picked him up. I'm not sure if he wouldve been a good fit for us anyways, but I'd be happy to have the other players you listed however.

Edited by brianthomas

2 hours ago, dje85 said:

I don’t disagree that we can manage the cap to sign those players but Morse’s is 19 mill this year. I have 19 + 7 (Kraft) + 2 (Gore) + Johnson (didn’t see the #s) - 4 * min contracts = 26 mil +. Again we can do things to manage to get the listed players but one thing I wouldn’t do is mortgage the future after doing such a good job front loading contracts.