Cuts around the League

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So a replacement for Clay?

Haha. Not a comment talking him down. Just wanted people to know a little about him in case they didn't know him. Seems like he was way overpaid just to be a blocking TE, bears boards hated the signing. 

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Will that be a unison thing, or should I pin a ‘GitErDone!’ ?

‘Bring him in’ elevates the general tone of the board.  ‘GitErDone!’ puts me in mind of three generations of first cousins getting married and then producing offspring.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Ben Garland not being brought back to the Falcons. He's a converted defensive linemen who turned into a serviceable guard. A bit older becuase he had to fulfill his Air Force commitments. I'd recommend him as functional depth at the guard position and to compete. Also at Air Force he was teammates with reciever coach Chad Hall. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, phillyguy1 said:

He was a possible franchise tag target. Collins cleaned out his locker as confirmation he won't be franchised.

He threatened to sit out the year if he was tagged

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Will that be a unison thing, or should I pin a ‘GitErDone!’ ?

Could also go with “kick the tires?”

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....thinkin' the over and under for "bring 'em in" threads is around 3,876.......place your bets folks....

I get the wry humor as we see wild exaggerations with virtually EVERY player released. The big difference this year is we have TONS of $$, LOADS of picks and a HUNDRED needs. So it’s  truly possible we’re not gonna let ONE SINGLE player available Not be discussed to the END OF TIME!

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

‘Bring him in’ elevates the general tone of the board.  ‘GitErDone!’ puts me in mind of three generations of first cousins getting married and then producing offspring.

Two BillyBob drive.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I get the wry humor as we see wild exaggerations with virtually EVERY player released. The big difference this year is we have TONS of $$, LOADS of picks and a HUNDRED needs. So it’s  truly possible we’re not gonna let ONE SINGLE player available Not be discussed to the END OF TIME!

I dont think we have a hundred needs.  We have some needs and hopeful for some upgrades.  The needs are on the Oline, a TE and a WR.  I think we really only need 2 OL and a TE in FA.  But for some on this board we need a complete roster.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Two BillyBob drive.

I dont think we have a hundred needs.  We have some needs and hopeful for some upgrades.  The needs are on the Oline, a TE and a WR.  I think we really only need 2 OL and a TE in FA.  But for some on this board we need a complete roster.

It’s exaggeration and sarcasm, son. Bazinga!

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Bring ‘em ALL in, and GitErDone - if the price is right! ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thought we could have one thread where we capture all the cuts and then say “bring him in?”

I like this idea of one thread for all the cuts - but would you mind updating the cuts on the first post? - otherwise as the thread becomes larger it kinda becomes harder to keep track. Sry for being an a**hole and asking you to do more work when you are already doing so much.

• Like (+1) 2