Cuts around the League

YoloinOhio

On 2/22/2019 at 8:04 AM, BarleyNY said:

5th rounder. 

Hed be a serviceable #2 back on the right deal.  I sure wouldn’t commit any big guaranteed dollars to him or give him a deal that would necessitate keeping him long term. 

I agree. I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look.

Although when it comes to Jacksonville RB's, I'd rather have TJ Yeldon.

2 hours ago, Seoul_panther said:

He’s very bad. Don’t think you need him with Taron Johnson doing so well in his rookie year. 

Agree, he's a bad corner but he'd be a fifth corner...what he does bring is excellent special teams play at the vet minimum.  The new special teams coach had him as a core teams player last year in Carolina.  Just saying-- I wouldn't be surprised...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoeF said:

Agree, he's a bad corner but he'd be a fifth corner...what he does bring is excellent special teams play at the vet minimum.

Really? I wouldn’t even want him as depth. He was a total liability this year having been pretty good for a late pick during his first stint. Our ST was very meh and I don’t remember him doing a thing all year-unsurprising as his speed is gone. In addition his attitude was so bad last year he was dropped for a stretch of games. Frankly an undrafted player seems like he would have much more worth. I want to see Buffalo do well hence I wouldn’t want to see Captain go there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

From the sounds of it, Dion Sims has a lot to offer a team.  He's probably not going to be your big play threat or a starter, but he's is a solid blocker, has excellent size, and is a pretty good athlete.  He's not a burner, but he's faster than a lot of tight ends.  He's got a nice vertical jump and big soft hands.  I wouldn't object at all to giving him a contract worthy of a solid second stringer.  I would look to draft a guy for my third tight end.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/23/2019 at 10:49 AM, whatdrought said:

No argument there. Just think he'll get overpaid for what he is. 

He might get overpaid, and while I would like to have younger players at the TE position, I think Jared Cook would bring good value to us.

He's been an all around good player most of his career.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Crabtrees physical skills are nothing special, but he has a very high 'football IQ'. Cook is on the wrong side of 30, but is still a very good TE that I'd love on a 2 year deal.

Yes, Cook is on the wrong side of 30, and a 2 year deal would be great if he came here, but he might get more than that elsewhere.

Crabtree is alright, but I'm more interested in Chris Conley.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:33 PM, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Anyone on the Jared Cook train?

I am, I would like him here on a two year deal with an option for a 3rd.

21 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Latavius Murray sounds like he’ll be available too and wants a starting job. Always liked the way that guy runs. He’s a monster. I wouldn’t hate on him handling running downs and using shady and Murphy in the receiving roles 

It depends on the cost.  There were 3 RBs I would have signed to bigger deals. One is now in Clevland.  The other is smoking crack with what he wants to get paid.  So that leaves Ajayi.

If we cant get Ajayi or Bell in FA then I'll take one in the draft.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, TigerJ said:

From the sounds of it, Dion Sims has a lot to offer a team.  He's probably not going to be your big play threat or a starter, but he's is a solid blocker, has excellent size, and is a pretty good athlete.  He's not a burner, but he's faster than a lot of tight ends.  He's got a nice vertical jump and big soft hands.  I wouldn't object at all to giving him a contract worthy of a solid second stringer.  I would look to draft a guy for my third tight end.

If  I'm signing a #2 TE with upside I go after CJ Uzomah from the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 2