Can Allen Pass for 4000yds 30TDs and 1000 Rushing yds and 15TDs in the same season?

3 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Outside of the 12 rushing TDs other #s could be done. Grogan and Newton are only QBs ever to score 12 or more rushing TDs in a season. Jack Kemp is #3 all time rushing TDs by a QB (40). 

QBs have run for over 800 yards only 6 times in SB era so that would be quite an accomplishment. 

He already set rushing records this year though.  For instance, first to go back to back over 100 for instance and we know it was really three games in a row, but kneeling To end game dropped him to 99.  

So I think it’s reasonable to say he has the potential to do things as a runner not done often or even ever from a QB.

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s a Madden season.  And if Allen is running that much still, he will get hurt.  

Are you playing Madden on All Madden PS4?

I could put up 40 to 45 through the air and maybe 5 or 8 on the ground.

But I couldnt hit OPs wish list without playing long ass quarters. Its a lot to ask even in the game.

Cam Newton is similar in size and faster than Allen (esp in Newton's younger years) and Cam's best rushing season was 754 yards (although he did have 14 rush TD's in his rookie year and another season with 10.) So I doubt Allen is going to put together that massive of a rushing year and that massive of a passing year. If you are throwing for 4k yards you are likely rushing less. So I can't see Allen being both a prolific runner and a prolific passer. 

7 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Allen % will get better im thinking he'll hit 60% as soon as next season. Once we get this kid some talent around him and line that can block for more then 2 secs Josh will be able to work threw his progressions and find the open Wr . This is just the start for him as with expericence the gm will naturally come to him.

I hope you're right, but I suspect his inaccuracy lies in his natural arm talent and muscle coordination there. I think it's something you wake up with or you don't, not something learned. Experience and surrounding talent will raise his % some, but I don't see him hitting a very high % ever. He is inaccurate at all levels -- short, mid and long. I just don't think you can fix that. I've never seen it fixed in any other QB either.

No.  He's running bc our oline is trash.

When it's good he wont be running near as much. 

And I expect it to be good.  A new center, guard, tackle.  Revamped.  New coach.  Be it the draft or FAs.  It will get done.  You could tell from the Beane PC oline was at the top of the totem pole of concerns.

Allen with adequate time, a running game, another year with Zay and Foster.  Find another WR.  I think he throws for 4000 next year.  25 TDs.  10 INTs.  

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Explain Tyrod Taylor then.  hmmmmmmmm 

Taylor completes more than 50% and never got near 4000 yards, I don't get the relevance of you comment.  

Saying someone at 50% completion percentage will not throw for 4000 does not mean throwing for a high percentage means you can throw for 4000.

Allen might not ever be a 4000 yard passer. And that could be just fine. 

The two comparisons we should be looking at with Allen are Mike Vick and Cam Newton. Between the two of them they have about 17 combined seasons as a starting QB in the NFL. They have combined to throw for over 4000 yards in only one season, Newton's rookie year. Going even further, in all those seasons, they have combined to throw for over 3500 yards only 4 times. Vick threw for over 3000 only twice in his career. Vick missed a lot more games then Cam due to injuries I assume.

Both Vick and Newton, have career pass completion percentages below 60%. 56% for Vick and 59.7% for Cam. They both averaged about 7.5 rushes per game. Allen averaged 8.0 this season. 

Now we don't know what year two will hold. Allen and the Bills could make a concentrated effort to cut his running waaay back. Or they could continue to just let him play naturally.  But assuming Allen rushes just a bit less but still 7 times a game for say 7.0 ypc he would rack up 784 yards on the season. So I would estimate his rushing yards to be somewhere between 720-860 yards on the season. 

Allen averaged 207 passing yards per game in his final six games. That would come out to 3,300 yards on a season. I'm hoping that is the floor for Allen next year. I'd say he throws for between 3,300 and 3,800 yards. 

On 1/4/2019 at 8:44 AM, mattynh said:

Taylor completes more than 50% and never got near 4000 yards, I don't get the relevance of you comment.  

Saying someone at 50% completion percentage will not throw for 4000 does not mean throwing for a high percentage means you can throw for 4000.

Josh Allen as a rookie is a better QB than Tyrod, who btw has a better competition %

Stats don’t tell the whole story is my point. 

I'd take 4000 yards & 30 TDs total (rushing and passing).  That to me would be a tremendous 2nd year for Allen.  I think it's a bit lofty 9f an expectation, which is why I'd take it in a heartbeat.

3350 yards passing 23 TDs 13 INTs

650 yards rushing 7 TDs

Sign me up.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/3/2019 at 12:30 PM, matter2003 said:

Don't know but he is the best running QB in the NFL...Lamar Jackson led QB's in rushing this year with about 50 more yards than Allen had but he did on 52 more carries.  Jackson is basically a RB who plays QB...dude had almost as many carries as he did pass attempts...not sure why everyone is so high on him...you want to talk about a watered down offense and what he was being asked to do??  It was Tebow like in how they took away his need to play big boy QB...

Why do people do this?

Look, I like JA, but "you are what your record says you are".  Jackson is QBing a playoff game tomorrow.  JA is sitting home watching it.

The Ravens were able to use Jackson in  a way that made them successful and more credit to them and to him.

Did LJax show he's a capable NFL QB?  No, no he has not yet.  But he did what he was asked successfully.  Ragging on LJax reeks of sour grapes until Allen does better.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:32 PM, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

He could do it, but I'd prefer him not rushing for 1000 yards. Way too easy to get injured. Rather have a stout OL and he throw for over 4000 yards. Granted, we need someone to catch the ball, too, but whatever.....  McBean will get that done!!

Then who would run the ball?