Can Allen Pass for 4000yds 30TDs and 1000 Rushing yds and 15TDs in the same season?

I'll be honest i wasn't a Allen guy when we drafted him. Matter of fact i hated the pk and thought he would be a complete bust. I kept thinking about the Mahomes trade that seemed to be a disaster for us. 

Wow have things changed . I will admit now i am a believer in Allen future and the future of this franchise. Its gonna be a really exciting offseason. My question is at some point in his career can Allen achieve this crazy Lebron James esqe numbers. What we have seen from Allen so far is not even scratch in the surface of what he can develop into. I realize he still has many flaws in his game that he needs to work on and defenses will adjust to what he does best. But if he hits his peak upside i think this type of season is very possible for him to achieve and if he does he would be the first NFL QB to ever do it. 250yds passing a gm and 62yds rushing will do it. The question is can he.

Don't know but he is the best running QB in the NFL...Lamar Jackson led QB's in rushing this year with about 50 more yards than Allen had but he did on 52 more carries.  Jackson is basically a RB who plays QB...dude had almost as many carries as he did pass attempts...not sure why everyone is so high on him...you want to talk about a watered down offense and what he was being asked to do??  It was Tebow like in how they took away his need to play big boy QB...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Doubtful, but I do believe he could contend for the highest combined passing and rushing QB in terms of both yardage and TD's in a few years.

I happen to believe if the right pieces are put in place he will end up being over 4500 yards passing a season.  

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No. I don’t think Allen will ever pass for 4000 yards with the Bills. The fifteen rushing TDs might actually be attainable; he’ll be short of 1000 yds rushing in any season. 

Oh, I think hes going to be up there with the league leaders in passing yards in the next few years.

His skill set I think will portend to a very explosive offense.

I think its tough but i dont think we've seen a talent quite like Allen. If he is gonna be great or amongst the greats he gonna do things people dont expect is possible. I havent done the numbers but im pretty sure since he came bk from injury his rushing #s per gm are well over 62 now i realize he barely cracks over 200 passing but he's just a rookie and has help on the way via the draft and free agency. If Allen does achieve something like this i do expect him to do it within his first 7 seasons in NFL.

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Don't know but he is the best running QB in the NFL...Lamar Jackson led QB's in rushing this year with about 50 more yards than Allen had but he did on 52 more carries.  Jackson is basically a RB who plays QB...dude had almost as many carries as he did pass attempts...not sure why everyone is so high on him...you want to talk about a watered down offense and what he was being asked to do??  It was Tebow like in how they took away his need to play big boy QB...

I dont think I even watched a full game of his this year, but if this is the case, they can expect the Tyrod treatment next year from teams. No pass rush, just playing contain with their DL and LBs. 

Edited by Captain_Quint

I would definitely say no for next season. 

And probably no for any season in his career. 

I would expect this years rushing total to be the best he’ll ever do in his career. 

As he becomes a better passer he won’t run anywhere near as much, keep in mind a lot of his runs this season he missed reads and open guys on the field. As he progresses into a better passer (we hope) those running opportunities should go way down. 

Also let’s keep in mind his running style is not sustainable. He already had an injury and missed games this season (not from a rushing play) but that’s too much wear and tear on your potential franchise player.