Miami Dolphins: HC Adam Gase fired (per NFL network)

Steptide

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m convinced that Rapsheet is Gase’s agent

Ha!  Well, I do think that Gase could be a good HC and is a great play caller.  He definitely made some mistakes and didn’t get the most out Tannehill, so that was his undoing.  He’s the type of coach I can see being better the second time around.   

1 minute ago, teef said:

do you think these guys still party on new years or what?

Ok....so they got fired but will be paid millions of dollars to stay at home and NOT work for a few years.  How can you not party!?!?! 

Im sure it’s a bummer, but most of these guys including Gase, will probably be better off in a new situation 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well Marrone took a 3-13 bottom feeder to the AFCCG. Anyone could see that.

But the team was a dumpster fire this season and seems to be in disarray.  Khan’s decision to keep continuity will be his undoing.  If I was a Jags fan, I would be screaming this:

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

And he had the Bill's the closest to the playoffs then they had been during the draught too. Buffalo fans never got over not getting to fire him and continue to be jilted ex girlfriends....

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Then look at what happened this year.  Yes, they had injuries but the team played very poorly.

So why is no one here constantly pushing or caring for the Vikings coach to be fired?

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to Miami Dolphins: HC Adam Gase fired (per NFL network)
1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Buffalo fans never got over not getting to fire him and continue to be jilted ex girlfriends....

True, but it was like dating Travolta’s ‘Vinnie Barbarino’ character from ‘Welcome Back Kotter’.  Sullen, always looking like he has somewhere else to be.

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They can block the interview, but I doubt McDermott would do that

I don't think that's true.

Teams can block a candidate from interviewing for a position that would be a lateral move, but can’t stop assistant coaches from interviewing for a position that is a promotion.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/10/14038902/nfl-teams-hiring-new-head-coach-must-follow-rules

19 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Ha!  Well, I do think that Gase could be a good HC and is a great play caller.  He definitely made some mistakes and didn’t get the most out Tannehill, so that was his undoing.  He’s the type of coach I can see being better the second time around.   

There is a rumor brewing that he could be headed to Ohio state in a QB coach capacity, he has connections to Ryan day. 

18 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think he means if Daboll gets a HC gig, which Buffalo wouldn't be able to prevent.

Yep that's what I meant. I actually think there is a chance (albeit a small one) we could lose Leslie Frazier and Daboll. A team that might want an experienced coach to right the ship, Frazier makes some sense. He'd actually make some sense for Cincinnati, Tampa, Arizona. He's very well liked and respected around the league. 

There has been murmurs about Daboll, for a few years actually. I guess we shall see what happens. 

Not HC material. Good OC though.

37 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I don't think he took anyone anywhere. Their GM built a great defense and he rode their coattails. Then the wheels came off in year two under his administration.

Marrone is not a good coach, in my opinion. He is an offensive coach who always had bad offenses and has lucked out a couple times having elite defenses to hide behind.

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not HC material. Good OC though.

I don't think he took anyone anywhere. Their GM built a great defense and he rode their coattails. Then the wheels came off in year two under his administration.

Marrone is not a good coach, in my opinion. He is an offensive coach who always had bad offenses and has lucked out a couple times having elite defenses to hide behind.

Right, the great defense that went 3-13 the year before.

38 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I.E. - he watched the game yesterday......

Or he heard that Rex was interested in the position and told his guys to get him to the stadium and not let him leave!

Those fat Ryan idiot brothers in teal and orange would be hillarious.  

• Thank you (+1) 1